GreaseSpot Cafe

The Hillbilly's Hatred of the City

OldSkool

Let me preface by saying I prefer city living but have lived in the country as well (not only in TWI) and I appreciate it's merits.

The way international teaches that country living and country people are superior in some way to city living and city people. They go on to tie it into scriptures where Cain built the first city, therefore there is a higher concentration of evil in cities because, to quote the forehead, "people are crawling all over each other." And not to mention they teach that men and women of God in the Bible are usually country folk.

Never mind that people in the Old Testament flocked to cities to find protection behind it's walls from wild animals, criminals, invaders and God knows what else.

Never mind that Victor Paul Wierwille had to goto Haight Ashbury to hijack young city folk into his cornfield cult in order to get an influx of people.

Never mind all of the Church epistles were addressed to fellowships in CITIES!

Never mind that in the book of Revelation God promises New Jerusalem, a city whose builder and maker is God.

Never mind all the evil that the way international has inflicted on it's victims over the years.

Perhaps the way international has been spewing opinionated "hillbilly" drivel once again.

I know, silly post, but it's been stuck in my craw since my first foundational class in NYC.

They just spewed whatever served their agendas and used scriptures to "prove" they were right.

Pffffttt!

I couldn't agree more! And perhaps VPW used this garbage as a building block in his own constructed public persona as the MOGFODAT (Man of God for Our Day and Time.)

Pffffttt! x 2

vpw played to his strengths.

He was able to play this homespun "good old boy" who only knew Scripture because God taught him,

and targeted people who talked and thought like that.

When this didn't really inflate numbers, he went to Haight-Ashbury and recruited city kids.

This didn't change the country focus- there were BANDS and a TELEVISION SHOW with country

settings even though most of the new folks weren't into it. But vpw was into it and that's

all twi needs to justify anything.

Of course, vpw never WANTED city kids, probably because city kids are more likely to get more

EDUCATION, and that runs the risk of seeing through his deceptions.

Never mind all of the Church epistles were addressed to fellowships in CITIES!

I should correct this to say:

Never mind all of the Church epistles were addressed to CHRISTIANS in CITIES!

Had my way goggle on for a minute.

They just spewed whatever served their agendas and used scriptures to "prove" they were right.

Pffffttt!

Yeah.....wierwille and co. were simply OPPORTUNISTS.

Doop in california........go there.

Fug#t singing in parks....go there.

A brush with celebrities..go there.

Blacks want class.........go there.

College campus excited....go there.

Music used in outreach....go there.