GreaseSpot Cafe

Say what?

OldSkool

• 5 years later...
On 2/29/2012 at 4:51 PM, OldSkool said:

http://sowersonline.com/2012YoungAdultAdvance.aspx

Did grandson Wierwille take his pappy seriously or something? When will the way international sue? I need some popcorn. These guys get bolder everyday. I bet some sort of smackdown will occur at some point if this keeps up!

rocklx.jpg

OS, I pray that it does!

On 3/1/2012 at 11:19 AM, OldSkool said:

I hate camping enough that if it had not died out by the time I hit TWI my life may have worked out entirely different with TWI.

And I wondered just who in the heck would join a SOWERS session anyway. Figures they would tap the largely nostalgic pool of CFF folks for that sort of thing.

Oh, and recruiting young people. 101 from Vicster da Trickster's hand book.

Oh, and putting them into very dangerous situations, such as hitch hiking across country. I am an able bodied, street wise, sort of individual and you would not catch me hitch hiking unless the I had NO other choice.

OS, I never understood that hitchhiking bullsheet.  There are very good reasons why hitchhiking is illegal.  But, TWI is cheap and would rather it's people do something illegal, than to fork over the money for them to take a bus.  And people wonder why I never went Corps.

On 3/2/2012 at 6:20 PM, OldSkool said:

Isn't this one of the old wow pins? Ok, I will reiterate my shock that the way has not sued SOWERS yet. I wonder if Rozilla is just too tired? :biglaugh:

Guess, little Victoid is into necromancy. :unsure:

Oh, Soers updated their website to announce the dates for the upcoming wow pinning, thus the pic. Anyone planning to go, I need a ride...see ya here there or in the air! :mooner:

wowambassadorpin.jpg

OS, they can have my old WOW pin, if they can find it.  What a bunch of Numbnuts the SOWERS are; same old Bullsheet, different day.

On 3/12/2012 at 6:06 PM, waysider said:

The younger generation, especially those who have family ties to The Way.

SOWERS is simply an updated version of what The Way was doing 40 years ago.....In musical terms, think of it as a modernized cover version of an old song, that appeals to current musical tastes.

Way, I understand what you are say.  But, 40 years ago, most of us didn't have the Internet to gleam information from.  Most young people know how to use the Internet to find information about religious organizations.  I wish I had the Internet 40 years ago to do a background check on TWI; I probably would never gotten involved with it.

On 3/13/2012 at 11:02 PM, Ham said:

I tried that. "The young man" is fully accountable for whatever evil transpires, as far as I am concerned.

Ham, bingo!!!  He is responsible for his behavior, as we are.  If he doesn't want to be the head of this new organization(cult?), he can quit.  He is young, and a college graduate; he can find a new job.  But, perhaps he likes being the BMOC.

On 3/14/2012 at 8:34 PM, Ham said:

Reminds me of the song "I am my own grandpa.."

why can't they just let the "heritage" offered by an abusive second rate sexual deviant and con artist just die in obscurity..

Ham, whoa!!!  Good question!!!!!  Personally, I would be embarrassed to be in anyway associated with TWI, or VPW.  I realize that young Vic, didn't choose VPW to be his grandfather.  However, I think he may be following in his evil grandfather's food steps, and he doesn't have to.  He can quit, and get a legitimate job.  His life is in his hands; no one can force him to be the Head Honcho of this new group.  He must want to do it.  But when the bubble bursts, he will receive most of the flake.

On 3/19/2012 at 9:21 AM, Twinky said:

I think this was from PFAL:

VPW is at an airport. Some enthusiastic young Christians approach him to "witness" to him - they weren't even Wayfers, either!

Ah, he says, "I've forgotten more scripture than they know." Or was it, "Than they'll ever know"?

At the time, I thought: Wow, what an ego. How does he know what they know?

Now, I think: Yeah, he really did forget. He forgot heart, kindness, compassion, care for others.

He forgot about "walking in the steps of Jesus Christ" - even though TWI had a song about that.

He forgot what the scriptures are all about.

Twinky, bingo!!!

On 3/16/2012 at 1:32 PM, JavaJane said:

One of the first things I realized when I started seeing twi clearly was that all the anal retentive cleaning and measuring silverware and Christian etiquette and chair stringing and no debt policy was just A DISTRACTION from the REAL SPIRITUAL FILTH that was right in front of me. The constant focus on stupid little details kept me from seeing what was really happening. And it also provided a myriad if opportunities for the leadership (who had real loads of spiritual $h1t all over them) to confront the well intentioned believer and DISTRACT from anything bigger that might be going on (like adultery, rape, etc.)... It gave them loads of ammunition against someone when they left or were marked and avoided as well - for example, someone walks away from twi. Now the limb/branch/fellowship coordinator tells everyone how there was something wrong with that person, and they could tell by the way they kept their house/paid their bills/the kind of books they were reading, etc etc.

Pick the log out of your eye, Pharisees, before you pick at the mote in mine.

(ironically, I am off to clean my house now....)

JJ, great post!!  I wondered why TWI was so concerned about all that petty sheet.  I think you might be right; it covered up all the big sheet that went on behind the scenes.  Thanks for your post!

On 3/19/2012 at 11:04 AM, OperaBuff said:

I love it when you remind me of long-forgotten things, I'd totally forgotten about picking up cigarette butts! Used to do that so much it became second nature, I'd pick up butts everywhere I went, even if there was no ministry function going on. Talk about well trained! As I recall, it was all about removing distractions from peoples' line of sight, so there would be nothing to detract from the Word being taught. I think that was the logic behind the stringed chairs too, if I recall. Like they used to say: You do your best, and God will do the rest.

Except that that flies in the face of what is true, that God can save unto the uttermost, and his Word is sharper than any two-edged sword and will get through to anyone anywhere with ears to hear. I wonder if Jeremiah, when buried up to his chin in the dung pit, scanned the ground and asked passers-by to pick up cigarette butts and other litter so as not to inhibit the word of the Lord coming to him?

It was all about control. They got us to sweat the small stuff, while they were getting us to swallow the big stuff. We wuz chumped.

OB, we wuz chumped!!??  That is so funny.  I would have said we were F-ed!!!  Good for you OB!!!