GreaseSpot Cafe

Rock of Ages: The Movie

skyrider

Looks like "rock of ages: the movie" is a 75M dollar flop.

Perhaps, only the ex-twi community will see the humor in it.

Poetic justice?

"Notably, poetic justice does not merely require that vice be punished and virtue rewarded, but also that logic triumph. If, for example, a character is dominated by greed for most of a romance or drama; he cannot become generous. The action of a play, poem, or fiction must obey the rules of logic as well as morality."

Having Tom Cruise as a "50-year old rock star" doesn't pass the reality bar.

Reminiscing twi's "rock of ages" and wierwille's play-acting........ditto.

<_<

I'm not a fan of Hollywood so I've not seen either movie, but it's sorta interesting that a movie called The Way and another called Rock of Ages were released at about the same time. Might set the TWI BOD into a legal tizzy, when they get back from the Bahamas and sober up.

Rumor has it there's a movie in the works called Deathless Fury in Pink: The W.O.W.mobile of Loch Ness.

post-1810-096951600 1340291144_thumb.jpg

a 75 million dollar flop. How much does twi have in the bank? Last count about 37 million? I'd call it a 37 million dollar flop..

now all they have is the few assurances of uncertain riches. i.e. not worth a *darn*. Like waiting for social security or something..

:biglaugh:

Hollywood's wasted more money on a flop than they will EVER be worth..

a 75 million dollar flop. How much does twi have in the bank? Last count about 37 million? I'd call it a 37 million dollar flop..

now all they have is the few assurances of uncertain riches. i.e. not worth a *darn*. Like waiting for social security or something..

Hollywood's wasted more money on a flop than they will EVER be worth..

Hollywood routinely wastes money and time and resources on movies. Ever wonder why, lately, they seem to do a lot of remakes of classic old movies whether they make money or not? In 1990 the remade 'Father of the bride' with Steve Martin as the title character. Big wedding. HUGE! Biggest wedding I ever saw other than Charles and Diana. Then, right at the climax, during the wedding ceremony, the minister can't even say the word 'God'. He says "Dearly beloved, we are assembled in the sight of society...". What? First of all, that's redundant. The 'we' of that sentence IS society. We are assembled in the sight of ourselves?

Hollywood doesn't need money. They are preaching today's 'flavor of the decade' state religion, politically correct. PC is a pseudo religion, but its converts can be just as torch carrying and self righteous as any other religion. My friend, Russell Coleman does a song called 'The whores of Hollywood'. Its chorus repeats, "they are the whores of Hollywood, selling their souls as they sell their lies, they are the whores of Hollywood, promoting everything but Jesus Christ". He gets a good response from that song. :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

If they had a cast that excluded tom cruzize and alec baldwin, I might be a tad more interested..

a flop. Maybe the citizens of this country have had enough of cruise and baldwin..

I really don't think cruize and baldwin technically are or represent hollywood..

the girl on th the poster promo. I think maybe she is more "Hollywood"..

just an impression.

Who is she, anyway?

I think it is more like cruze and baldwin are preaching the (mis)flavor of the decade..

has anyone REALLY been listening to this for the last 20 years?

Just a few thoughts..