GreaseSpot Cafe

Plagairism in the real world is taken seriously

skyrider

Wierwille was a plagairist. He "reworked" Stiles' work by tweaking sentences in attempts to distance himself from another's work. Side-by-side comparisons have been made to clarify the charge of wierwille's plagairist past.

Plagairism in the real world is taken seriously.

In the link and article below.....compare the two paragraphs. THIS is what the real world judges as plagairism. The full essence of the paragraph is left intact as the plagairist tweaks around the periphery. Sound familiar?

Click Here - Plagairism

UPDATED below page break: TIME magazine, CNN have suspended Zakaria.] When CNN host and Time editor-at-large Fareed Zakaria wrote a new piece called “The Case for Gun Control,” it ended with a bang: “So when people throw up their hands and say we can't do anything about guns, tell them they're being un-American--and unintelligent.”

Here’s something that suggests a lack of intelligence: plagiarism. Cam Edwards at NRANews.com suggested to me that Zakaria seemed to plagiarize a paragraph from an April article in The New Yorker magazine -- with a modicum word-usage changes and interjections (Texas!) in an attempt to paper it over. Here’s a paragraph from his Time piece:

Adam Winkler, a professor of constitutional law at UCLA, documents the actual history in Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. Guns were regulated in the U.S. from the earliest years of the Republic. Laws that banned the carrying of concealed weapons were passed in Kentucky and Louisiana in 1813. Other states soon followed: Indiana in 1820, Tennessee and Virginia in 1838, Alabama in 1839 and Ohio in 1859. Similar laws were passed in Texas, Florida and Oklahoma. As the governor of Texas (Texas!) explained in 1893, the "mission of the concealed deadly weapon is murder. To check it is the duty of every self-respecting, law-abiding man."

Compare that in its organization to this paragraph from a Jill Lepore New Yorker article from April:

As Adam Winkler, a constitutional-law scholar at U.C.L.A., demonstrates in a remarkably nuanced new book, “Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America,” firearms have been regulated in the United States from the start. Laws banning the carrying of concealed weapons were passed in Kentucky and Louisiana in 1813, and other states soon followed: Indiana (1820), Tennessee and Virginia (1838), Alabama (1839), and Ohio (1859). Similar laws were passed in Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma. As the governor of Texas explained in 1893, the “mission of the concealed deadly weapon is murder. To check it is the duty of every self-respecting, law-abiding man."

Voila! Xerox Zakaria!

It's not the first time Zakaria's been accused of lifting things.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/08/10/talk-about-concealed-carry-fareed-zakaria-plagiarized-paragraph-history-#ixzz23CjzUZL6

Neither was loy- maybe not with a degree mill doctorate, but he did sport a degree mill corps grad and ordination papers.

I don't remember him giving anyone else much credit for his "research".

Like the time he came up with the "new light" about the purpose of the Sphinx. I had previously read practically the same thing word for word in Bullinger's Witness of the Stars..

Like the time he came up with the "new light" about the purpose of the Sphinx. I had previously read practically the same thing word for word in Bullinger's Witness of the Stars..

So very much has been ripped off from Bullinger. Also Charles Welsch. I listened to the University of Life Romans tapes while in-residence. I also read The Just and Justifier in the same time frame. Much of what Wierwille presented came right out of Welch's book. Welsch was an under study of Bullinger and a real scholar and a real author. Unlike Wierwille and Martindale.

Administrations also came straight out of The Companion Bible. With some minor modifications of course. No doubt a weak attempt to obfuscate that the material was lifted.

More proof of plagiarism and debunking the idea that Wierwille's topics were well known in contemporary times as opposed to concealed since the first century.

Although Bullinger used the more cumbersome phrase "dispensations" and vpw used "administrations",

Bullinger mostly made more sense. (That happened when vpw deviated from Leonard, too,

as seen in the "definitions" of the "msnifestatons"-which went from clear and brief

to long-winded and inaccurate.)

Myself, I preferred "stewardships" to "administrations" because it highlights that we

are STEWARDING something that isn't ours. vpw's idea made it sound like we were

ADMINISTRATORS-and thus IN CHARGE.

As for the "dispensations/administrations", Bullinger numbered seven. vpw used that (seven)

but changed what was what. We lost one and gained one. We lost the original #6-"MILLENIAL",

the thousand years to come in Revelation 20, with Christ on Earth. We gained the new

#5- "Christ"- with Christ on Earth for ONE year during 4 Gospels.

If you're being shallow, this makes sense. "Millenial" has what, 2 verses describing it,

and "Christ" has 4 Gospels? But swapping in 1 year of what would otherwise be the LAST

year of "LAW" and removing 1000 years in exchange is more than a little lopsided.

Jesus himself said the tiniest part of the (Mosaic) Law wouldn't pass away until it

was all fulfilled- and finished it himself on the cross.

So, vpw was trying to vary from the sources he plagiarized, but-as often happened when he

tried it- he ended up making LESS sense. One would normally see steady IMPROVEMENTS if

one UNDERSTOOD the source material and proceeded from there. It's the "standing on the

shoulders of giants" thing- with the work already completed as a starting point, you

can get further from there.

It's the "standing on the

shoulders of giants" thing- with the work already completed as a starting point, you

can get further from there.

Looking back on my own way brained, former self, I understand now why Wierwille needed blind obedience from his followers. If it weren't for the cult control structure and brainwashing methods that are common in the way Wierwille is quickly exposed as a liar and a thief. I remember reading through Bullinger's works (Welsch and others as well) and finding nothing wrong with the material being the same but stamped with Wierwille as the source. Looking back, my old way self seems like a stranger to me now. Of course, now it's so painfully obvious that Wierwille and the way international always have been a sham.

I almost feel duty bound to publicly post every bit of information I know about them, in hopes others will not fall prey as I did.