GreaseSpot Cafe

Mini-minister

Twinky

I'm just listening to an item on the radio about the "ordination" of an 11 year old as a minister in his parents' church. Here's a link I found: 11 y.o. minister

I don't doubt that a child of this age can have a "calling" and set a real example, both to other children and to adults.

But ordination as a minister? Heck, would you go to this kid if you needed spiritual guidance when your marriage is going awry, when your own kids are going off the rails a bit, when you need help to deal with a situation at work...

It seems to me that this is making a mockery of what being a minister really is.

Let's see him in another 20 or 30 years ... then he might merit ordination, if he's stayed faithful.

Don Weirwille was ordained at about the same age as the family attended some conference run by someone who I'm sure veepee later plagerized. The ol' man was proud of that for sure.

And running in a very parallel universe...

mlt1d30p-promos_640x480_2276439222.jpg

This show is closer to the oy vey way most would realize.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

:beer::drink:

Don W was?

And not by his father?

(His father sure respected that "ordination" later on in life!)

Child abuse...hadn't thought of it quite like that. More like congregation abuse.

No, the congregation can look at it and say "this is nuts," and walk away. The child cannot. The adults responsible for this poor kid's maturity and personal growth are morphing him into a parody of what they want him to be. They should be ashamed of themselves.

And if this makes me judgmental, so be it. Getting a little tired of suspending good sense for fear of violating some ridiculous rule against exercising sound judgment anyway.