GreaseSpot Cafe

Moral outrage

WordWolf

Which is more worthy of moral outrage?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more worthy of moral outrage?

• victor paul wierwille abusing, raping, and molesting
    • Exposing victor paul wierwille as an abuser, rapist and molester
    • I'm fine with both
    • I can't honestly say I think either is worse, but both are equally bad

Really, let's be honest.

In one corner,

we have victor paul wierwille-

plagiarist, conman, molester, rapist.

In one corner,

we have people exposing victor paul wierwille

as a plagiarist, conman, molester, and rapist.

Some people consider it an outrage for a religious leader to

plagiarize, con, molest, and rape.

Other people consider it an outrage for people to expose victor paul wierwille as

a plagiarist, conman, molester, and rapist.

Other people consider it an outrage for people to expose victor paul wierwille as<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">a plagiarist, conman, molester, and rapist.

WordWolf: if you know the reason(s) why some other people think this is an outrage, can you explain it please?

If I could answer that question:

"other people" think it is a Sin to speak anything except what "the word" says.. "positive promises".. promises of redemption..

"we only talk about the Word" was what one "minister" I knew proclaimed, after criminal sexual conduct occurred on his watch..

in other words, there is a buck to be made on victor's supposed legacy.

And it is a Cardinal Sin to even remotely consider contaminating it..

It is the Unspoken Rule. Even among other evangelical movements:

Never speak against The Product. Never mind that it does not work..

or has had a rather poor track record..

its rough times.. gotta sell sell sell..

If you don't mind.. one more observation.

victor embraced the Product, not the Producer..

something to be sold..

the Product must be preserved, hallowed, and protected, at all costs..

hhhmmmmmmm

OK! That's in keeping with the stated "idea", so it makes logical sense and is most probably true, therefore. It doesn't make sense to me....I was the one asking for a reason.....

Thanks Ham. WordWolf, I guess this leaves you off the hook here, unless you'd like to add to Ham's explanation. (You don't have to - - Ham's explanation holds water)

WordWolf: if you know the reason(s) why some other people think this is an outrage, can you explain it please?

The reasons all stem from one root reason and spread out from there:

They want to rehabilitate victor paul wierwille's reputation and "rescue" it from the proven

track record of rampant plagiarism, from the doctrinal errors stemming from his misunderstanding

of Scripture and cobbling together doctrines of things he never understood but just

copied over, from the eyewitness accounts of all the abuses of God's people he did of all sorts,

from the eyewitness accounts of all the luxuries he wasted ministry money on,

from eyewitness accounts of his all-day satisfying of vices like alcohol and tobacco

while he told others to abstain, etc.

vpw was a hypocrite, a liar, a thief, a plagiarist, a simonist, a rapist, a molester,

and other things which escape me now.

These people consider it critically important to bury all that.

Exposing his evil deeds become secondary at best- they want a legend they can tap.

Why do they want a legend they can tap?

Some are doing some of the same he did- plagiarizing his materials and using it to make a

comfortable living while saying, "Hey, everybody, listen to me!"

Some of them are basing their entire private spiritual life on vpw and what he put forth,

and they'd rather maintain an illusion that they were right all their time in twi-

and the decades since, while maintaining the illusion-

than to start over and seek genuine Christian experience and genuine Christians who don't

have vpw's sinful baggage attached to their doctrine.

It's uncomfortable and scary to go out there.

In its own way, it's a spiritual version of something that's happening in much of the modern

world with some young people, and most famously in Japan-

the hikkomori phenomenon. It was seen in a more general way with "basement dwellers",

but is a bit more refined now and studied in all our modern detail.

The odd thing for outsiders is that hikkomori are generally all YOUNG people- people who

faced life outside college and ran from it, hiding in the familiar at home and not going

out to experience life anew. It's not a surprise for twi survivors because it's not

news anymore that escaping twi's hold on one's thought patterns means one usually picks

up IN MATURITY and EMOTIONALLY where they were before twi- and for most people, that's

around college age. So, this is a delayed step in maturing and facing life.

For some ex-twiers, it's a step that scares them too much to take.

So, they enshrine their twi experience and teachings and associate only with others who

do the same,

which means they enshrine a career criminal and laud him to the skies as some sort of

spiritual man instead of reject him as some sort of huckster and conman.

All of that means they react with hostility whenever someone brings up how evil vpw was,

and how they were victimized by him in small ways (or large ones.) They fear the truth,

the outside world, so much that, even though far greater Christian experiences are out

there surpassing what they started with, they'd rather chase off the rest of the world-

and the rest of the Christians- and stay where they are.

Ever see a small child so taken with how good Farina cereal is that they spend the next

10 years rejecting all real food because they don't want to lose what they've got

instead of exploring all the superior food that the family is trying to feed him?

No? Me neither. Small children have more sense than that as they grow up.

So - - the evil is continuing.

We don't know how many women and men were violated directly, or covertly destroyed by face-melting, or dismissed wrongly from corps or a certain position. There were all kinds of evil. We've discussed many examples.

This is also evil. People are being robbed of things they don't even know about. I'm sure their monies are still being collected and their time is still being manipulated. It seems likely that this is going to continue.

It is never wrong to expose an abuser, a predator and a fake. It's a moral outrage to remain silent.

• Upvote 1