GreaseSpot Cafe

I See Dead People

skyrider

It was from that "Day with the Wierwille's" reading, I think. I believe he was talking about one of the Somerville children...one of the sons of his daughter, was it Mary?

Luke.

From the thread "The Wierwille Heritage"...

In the Corps during 1982-83, I remember hearing the tapes from "A Day with the Wierwilles" -- and later hearing that Don Wierwille thought all of that about how Luke Somerville should be groomed to be the third president of the Way (move over, Rosie!) and about how the Wierwille family had to stand for the ministry to stand was "just Dad's opinion."

I think he (and probably Karen and Mary also) knew it was a bunch of hooey.

Just MHO.

DogLover,

I wanted to post it too. . .

Vp said it for himself (in one of those closed door after meetings where special bits of "insight" came up) about the future of his ministry; about Luke, '. . . well kids, you know, . . . I went to the cookie jar. . . and. . . daddy showed me. . . Luke Somerville

. . . will become president of the ministry. . .'

It was at HQ, a corps week environment. LCM had been chosen, but not yet crowned. Lots of people were there. That's where I heard it. But it didn't hit the grapevine that I know of. I've never seen a video, or heard an audio of it.

At the time it just struck me as odd, him making such a definative comment, acting like an old testament prophet. Then Luke was

just a kid, what a thing for him to have to grow up with.

The thread is here:

Won't see 50 ... devil spirits will attack us for standing on the Word ...

Heeeyyyyy - Rosalie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!