GreaseSpot Cafe

Armageddon Ready - Prudent, Proper & Painless Survival Precautions

satori001

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

There you have it, folks. Even if you prepare with food and water, it is certain that predators-in-waiting like him will see you as prey the first time their stomachs growl.

Grow up, troll. It's called sarcasm.

quote:

As a devoted leftist, he's fond of proclaiming his compassion for others less fortunate (at your expense, of course), but when the rubber meets the road and the .... hits the fan, you'd better run for cover.

Hahahaha, you really need to get a life and get over your delusions.

quote:
Originally posted by Stayed Too Long:

P-Mosh has provided us with a rare but very honest inside look at a liberal. Oh yes, very sweet on the outside; help this person, take money from the rich sob's to pay for the poor people, so sweet and sugar coated.

Oh please, so you're a Nazi. Now does that make us even or what do we accomplish by name calling?

quote:

But when the chips are down their true nature comes out. ALWAYS looking out for themselves. Take Rosie O'Donnell as an example. She takes Tom Selleck a part on her talk show because he supports the NRA and the right of individals to own firearms for self protection. She claims she wants all guns removed from society. BUT when it comes time to hire a body guard for her children she gets one who carries a weapon. After all her kids are special I guess and deserve to be protected with a gun.

Yeah, and just like a typical conservative, David Duke just wants to make the world a better place for white people like yourself. Obviously, this is an example of why we can't trust you.

quote:

I wouldn't trust a liberal as far as I can throw them. So sweet and sticky on the outside but no gooey caramel center on the inside.

You can go to hell, and any attempts to "throw me" will be met with a stronger and appropriate force.

It's interesting to see how much TWI-brain still exists in the minds of people like you. You'll always be paranoid of communists, muslims, liberals, actors, gays, guys with long hair, non-whites, and everyone else who you think want to take something from you. Guess what? Nobody cares about what you have. If the apocalypse happens, you won't be able to sit around in your house eating canned tuna and be ok. You got yourself out of The Way, but you obviously haven't gotten The Way out of yourself. The world is not going to end anytime soon, and if it does, you will not be prepared for it.

P-Mosh is saying he didn't really mean it. It sounds like he means it, doesn't it?

quote:
I can get anything I would hypothetically need at the barrel of a gun if we really did have a Wierwillian apocalypse like the Republicans want us to think we will.

Doesn't sound like "sarcasm" to me.

For Y2K prep we got alot of free information from the Red Cross on how to store water etc(don't store plastic jugs of water next to your kerosene, for instance.)

But we did the really smart Y2K move--we left TWI and moved home to the boonies. Now we're in the neighborhood with all my feral mountain men relatives--the ones who's kids learn how to butcher their own deer after they shoot it, field dress it and hoist it in the truck. Plus--lots of wood around here, and who doesn't heat with wood?

quote:
Well, I have a gun AND a stockpile of food and supplies. What does that make ME?
Belle... that makes you someone I want to know if something "goes down"! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I don't have any malpaks laying around or anything, and there are lots of cans in the cupboard... but I always keep stuff in the car like a magneto flashlight and a couple of those straw looking thingies that are supposed to filter water for you...

I guess it's from reading all of those stories growing up where people froze in their car because they didn't have blankets...

I'm not worried though, I'm proud to say that I know how to survive a nuclear attack. We trained for it endlessly in school in the late 50's and early 60's.

quote:
I'm not worried though, I'm proud to say that I know how to survive a nuclear attack. We trained for it endlessly in school in the late 50's and early 60's.

icon_eek.gif you mean even back then they taught you to get a generator to keep the

sno-cones cold! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Well, I have a gun AND a stockpile of food and supplies. What does that make ME? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm a pretty darn good shot, too.

Ummm -- including that last sentence -- how's about provider and protector! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

(polishing up the apologies already, if they are needed.) I want you on MY side! icon_cool.gif

i have always stockpiled food/.... growing up with my grandmother who lived during the depression

however...let's get real...it's gonna happen whether you are prepared or not...i prefer to be prepared...not that i am concerned...i am actually looking forward to those days.

some of you evidently don't have a clue...

good advice satori..for those who will listen..

and for those who don't...a very rude awakening.

quote:
however...let's get real...it's gonna happen whether you are prepared or not...i prefer to be prepared...not that i am concerned...i am actually looking forward to those days.

some of you evidently don't have a clue...

What days are you looking forward to, that the *rest of us haven't a clue* about?

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Whatever happens, happens. True. And to be prepared is better than not. I for one, would rather *prepare*, and not need it, rather than otherwise.

Like I said -- I buy extra stuff these days, because I can, and not because I have to.

quote:

P-Mosh is saying he didn't really mean it. It sounds like he means it, doesn't it?

quote:
I can get anything I would hypothetically need at the barrel of a gun if we really did have a Wierwillian apocalypse like the Republicans want us to think we will.

Doesn't sound like "sarcasm" to me.

Quit trying to turn other people against me and trying to stir up trouble.

If I have to spell it out clearly so your small mind can comprehend, my point that I've tried to make is that preparing for a fantasy event while ignoring real problems is silly, and that it is easy to shatter the apocalyptic fantasy of preparation when there is an overwhelming set of factors that show that if somehow the U.S. did end, you would be screwed no matter what because there would easily be something that either kills you, takes what you have, or causes a huge problem that screws up your plans.

I'd go as far as saying that the apocalyptic preparations are a sign of self-centered thinking and selfishness. It justifies being a packrat, it shows that you distrust everyone else in the world and expect them to do the worst to you personally, which is also a huge persecution complex.

If our government were to crumble randomly via either a terrorist attack (highly unlikely to destroy our government) or something else that is unforseen, another system will take it's place. The world does not stay in disorder, because humans are pack animals and have to establish some sort of order one way or another. So, you will get your food, but if it were to happen we'd probably end up in a dictatorship.

Of course, given the state of our nation, it would be a religious dictator who establishes a Taliban-like nation, and most people (possibly yourself included) would like it.

quote:
Where would you be if you couldn't buy food for the next 7 days, and had no warning?

I'm not worried about Al-Qaeda or anybody hitting the place where I live, unless someone is interested in taking out a few minor ski resorts and art museums which I can't envision. There are no weapons factories or things of strategic or symbolic import here.

It is fairly isolated, quiet and self-contained where I live.

We have a good locally produced food supply (lots of farms), and the town and area has good plans for emergency stuff. I know where many sources of fresh clean water are, and the local edible plants if it came to that, never mind 10's of thousands of acres of wildlife and great fishing. The fishing and camping gear is always in the truck and ready to go-not because of Armageddon, but because it is what I'd rather be doing anyway

I'm more concerned of being descended on by tens of thousands frantic, fearful and demanding New York City dwellers and how to deal with them than I am of going hungry,

Out of the abundance of the heart, P-Mosh speaks. The reason your revealing statement is important is, as others have noted, decent and peaceful citizens have enemies without, and within. You probably agree with that Colorado professor, Ward Churchill, that we're all just "little Eichmann's" (sp?) who deserve what we get, as the 3000 who perished on 9/11. Is the professor your buddy?

I'm not trying to stir anyone up. You wrote what you wrote. It stands on its own, and your awkward back-pedaling only shows you didn't plan on being exposed.

You also write,

quote:
The world does not stay in disorder, because humans are pack animals and have to establish some sort of order one way or another. So, you will get your food, but if it were to happen we'd probably end up in a dictatorship.
Do you mean sheep for the slaughter? You can hardly disguise your contempt for human beings, which is why your utopian vision is a leftist tyranny, where every inhabitant is a slave to the state.

Dictatorship is the inevitable result of your "pack animal" view of the human race.

Wo-o-ow. It may be prudent and proper, but if some of the sniping on this thread is any indication, it's not quite painless. I think it's just sensible to make arrangements for my family to be provided for, in case supplies are disrupted for a few days.

Thanks, again, Satori, for the reminder. I'm more ready today than I was yesterday, because you started the thread.

Going fishing . . . now there's a good idea.

If we are talking guns I win. I have four asault rifles and then we go to the fun stuff. But seriously, do you really expect sociaty to break down.

I fear a panic where people leave the cities and invade the rural areas thinking it will be safe. Take a town of 1000 and add three thousand people without a place to stay and food. Then you'll see panic as the shooting starts.

The safist place is at your house with a few days of food.

Just remember all you Rambo want to be's. It is a lot harder to shoot someone than you think. That is if you have any feelings. When you put the sights on a person and start taking the slack out of the trigger you just might find that you don't really want to shoot.