GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Super Hero TV

It's on Disney Plus if you have it, Vudu (which means you have to rent or buy it) if you don't.

I do not subscribe to any streaming service.  I had considered getting DC's service, but after I was told that the shows were extremely violent and full of profanity, I took a pass.  Supposedly, HBO is starting a streaming service which will carry a Green Lantern show.  I MIGHT get that one.

George

I rarely buy physical copies of movies anymore. VUDU allows you to convert DVDs to digital for a nominal fee [not so nominal if you have more than 100 movies, of course, but still, per film...].

Anyway, streaming services would probably qualify as its own thread. HBO Go is already very good and I hope the Green Lantern series is not yet ANOTHER service.

Green Lantern, if it comes to pass, will be on HBOMax.  The good news (for me) is that it will be free for those with DIRECTTV.

COVID-19 has made an episode of Flash into a cliffhanger season finale, as the last three episodes didn't get finished.

Supergirl's season finale was also sort of a cliffhanger, but I think it was planned.  

Stargirl starts on Tuesday (Monday on streaming services).  I don't know if they'll use the Crisis as a way to explain the existence of the Justice Society.  I kind of hope they do.  In the comics, the JSA were retconned into Earth-1 history after the Crisis.

Is it just my imagination, or is the Arrowverse becoming female-dominant.  All the male heroes (except, of course, Flash) seem to be going away, while female heroes are joining in.  There are still BAD male characters, of course...

George

Batwoman's season was also COVID-shortened.  The "finale" seemed a bit more natural than Flash's.

George

Apparently, Ruby Rose is leaving Batwoman.  I don't think a replacement has been named, yet.

George

Ultimately, they're not going to care what I think.   (The comics people who brought back Barry Allen after decades of Wally didn't care, and neither do these people.)

I think whoever replaces her, statistically speaking, has a good chance of being a better actress, statistically speaking.  She has a reasonably good chance of looking more like Kate Kane/Batwoman are SUPPOSED to look.   (Like the guy who's playing John Constantine was a much better choice than Keanu.)   The problem here is that NOW they've established that Kate Kane looks nothing like the original comic book character (except in a general way- female, brunette.)   So, whether they cast for "she looks more like the comics character"  or "she looks like the actress she replaced",  there's going to be disappointed people.  I'm keeping my expectations low- this way, I can only be PLEASANTLY surprised!  :)

I actually didn't hate Batwoman this season.  I actually kind of like Rachel Skarsten.  She was good in Lost Girl (as a Valkyrie) and Reign (as Queen Elizabeth I).

I wasn't too impressed with Stargirl, though it does have potential.  I hope there are JSA flashbacks occasionally.

George

On 5/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, WordWolf said:

Ultimately, they're not going to care what I think.   (The comics people who brought back Barry Allen after decades of Wally didn't care, and neither do these people.)

I think whoever replaces her, statistically speaking, has a good chance of being a better actress, statistically speaking.  She has a reasonably good chance of looking more like Kate Kane/Batwoman are SUPPOSED to look.   (Like the guy who's playing John Constantine was a much better choice than Keanu.)   The problem here is that NOW they've established that Kate Kane looks nothing like the original comic book character (except in a general way- female, brunette.)   So, whether they cast for "she looks more like the comics character"  or "she looks like the actress she replaced",  there's going to be disappointed people.  I'm keeping my expectations low- this way, I can only be PLEASANTLY surprised!  :)

From CW, via Yahoo!:

“The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

Batwoman Season 2, like many returning CW series, is not slated to premiere until January 2021.

George

With essentially no fanfare whatsoever, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD starts its final season tonight.

George

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

With essentially no fanfare whatsoever, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD starts its final season tonight.

George

Thanks. This may be a moment to give it another shot.