GreaseSpot Cafe

Another bit of plagiarism?

Twinky

I receive the CFFM newsletter weekly. Dunno why, it was a “comfort thing” when I was first getting my head back together and now I simply haven’t got round to unsubscribing. However, in the latest edition appears the following wording (it goes on for at least twice the length of the extract – if anybody’s interested I’ll post the rest of it.

It brought back memories of something TWI-related and I can hear VPW’s voice reciting this in resoundingly enthusiastic tones (wonder why, given what I know now – all part of the trickiness no doubt). It must be in PFAL somewhere. Quite late on, I’d think, a later session.

The person reciting, Dr Shadrach Meshach Lockridge (March 7, 1913 – April 4, 2000), was the Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church,[1] a prominent African-American congregation in San Diego, California, from 1953 to 1993. He was known for his preaching across the United States and around the world.

As such, he would have been alive when VPW was out there pushing his stuff.

Or am I misremembering it all? And VPW never got his teeth into this too? Or was it not PFAL but some other TWI thingy (not AoS, that's for sure).

++++++++++++++++

The Bible says my King is the King of the Jews. He’s the King of Israel. He’s the King of Righteousness. He’s the King of the Ages. He’s the King of Heaven. He’s the King of Glory. He’s the King of kings, and He’s the Lord of lords. That’s my King.

I wonder, do you know Him?

My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s immortally graceful. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful.

Do you know Him?

He’s the greatest phenomenon that has ever crossed the horizon of this world. He’s God’s Son. He’s the sinner’s Saviour. He’s the centerpiece of civilization. He’s unparalleled. He’s unprecedented. He is ...

++++++++++++++++

Dr. S.M. Lockridge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._M._Lockridge

Listen to this presentation at:

I don't recall this one at all. I do, however, remember VPW preaching, at the Advanced Class, from what we now know, thanks to the internet, to be an Oral Roberts sermon known as The Fourth Man. It contains the now famous Red Thread. As was typical of Wierwille, he gave no indication it was not his own work.

Here is

Here is

. Edited by waysider

An eyewitness once told me that vpw showed them a cache of materials (basically books)

that vpw used as his originals- that he read over the work of these other books

by accomplished Christians, and worked up his teachings from there.

It should surprise nobody by now- he used to rip off the people he supposedly

edited when he was small potatoes.

In hindsight, it explains why his presentation style was all over the map-

he just copied the presentation style of any presentation he ripped off!

So, at times he sounded academic, at times evangelic, at times cold,

at times warm, at times simple, at times exquisitely elaborate. All

straight out of someone else's playbook.

For new arrivals:

In case you're new to this site or have had limited exposure to the contents, here's a brief explanation of why Wierwille's originality raises concern.

Wierwille was a con man. Yeah, I know, that's cold. Sometimes the truth ain't pretty.

What he did was take the works of other ministers and pretend they were his own. Sometimes he copied whole paragraphs, word for word. Sometimes he copied whole books.

It wasn't just ordinary, run of the mill plagiarism, though. He pretended to get his information directly from God. He even concocted a surrealistic snowstorm story, complete with God speaking audibly to him, to add an air of mystique.

Even today, decades and decades later, there are still people who are convinced he was the real deal. I guess I can sort of understand their reluctance to accept the reality of what happened. Admitting the man was a fraud means you have to admit you fell for his scam. That's embarrassing, to say the least. If it makes you feel any better, I'll admit I was sucked into his game as well.

Well, at least there were WOW burgers to be had. Weren't they just the best?

I don't recall this one at all. I do, however, remember VPW preaching, at the Advanced Class, from what we now know, thanks to the internet, to be an Oral Roberts sermon known as The Fourth Man. It contains the now famous Red Thread. As was typical of Wierwille, he gave no indication it was not his own work.

Here is

Here is

In my Advanced Class, VP credited Oral Roberts. But after playing the sermon he went on and on about how it broke his heart that "Oral Roberts sold out to the Methodists". Whatever that was supposed to mean. I can't remember his exact words but basically Wierwille said he the only one now standing on the Word. He didn't use those words, he was too clever for that.

Hmm, no comments on the piece I posted. Perhaps I was wrong, then, and VPW didn't use this at all.

Knowing what I know now, I can only imagine him using it as subterfuge - not with any sense of believing or meaning it.

Hmm, no comments on the piece I posted. Perhaps I was wrong, then, and VPW didn't use this at all.

Knowing what I know now, I can only imagine him using it as subterfuge - not with any sense of believing or meaning it.

I either heard him use something LIKE this once,

or I heard him use this one once.

What I heard was him on a recording, complete with soft mood music in the

background while he spoke. In hindsight, it was completely contrary to

his usual style, and it's now obvious WHY it sounded nothing like him.

He was just an actor reciting a script the way the previous actor had

recited the lines.

I don't remember it from any of the classes. It's certainly possible that he stole used it in a teaching you may have heard.

George