GreaseSpot Cafe

Keys to Walking by the Spirit.

WordWolf

WordWolf, what were the scripture references for Key #9, "It may be essential to put unbelievers out of the room"?

There is a point I want to address on the "So, what is believing?" thread, and I think those references will help me explain what I think. Thanks a lot!

Love,

Steve

Matthew 9:23-25 King James Version (KJV)

23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,

24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.

25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

8. Do not tell all you know. Receive the word of wisdom.

Judges 16:4ff, Mat 7:6, II Kings 20:12-19

Judges 16:4-14.(KJV)

4 And it came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah.

5 And the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and said unto her, Entice him, and see wherein his great strength lieth, and by what means we may prevail against him, that we may bind him to afflict him; and we will give thee every one of us eleven hundred pieces of silver.

6 And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee.

7 And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.

8 Then the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven green withs which had not been dried, and she bound him with them.

9 Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber. And she said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a thread of tow is broken when it toucheth the fire. So his strength was not known.

10 And Delilah said unto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound.

11 And he said unto her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.

12 Delilah therefore took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber. And he brake them from off his arms like a thread.

13 And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.

14 And she fastened it with the pin, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awaked out of his sleep, and went away with the pin of the beam, and with the web.

=================

[it didn't say where to stop, but that's enough to give us sufficient context.

Supposedly, this suggests a spiritual "key" about not telling all that you know,

and "receiving the word of wisdom."

In this case, Samson completely FAILED to "receive the word of wisdom."

Samson lacked even PRUDENT wisdom. His SO tried to have him captured,

more than once. He stayed with her and didn't have her killed in his place.

Eventually, she harassed him until he gave away his big secret, and

by the end of the chapter, it had cost him his life.

As for "not telling all that you know", that really is common-sense.

Anyone who really tells all that they know will be considered both

tactless and a know-it-all. ]

======================

Matthew 7:6 (KJV)

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

=====================

[Again, we have not telling everything you know-but not as some sort

of spiritual "key." We are still missing "receive the word of wisdom"

in an account.]

==================

II Kings 20:12-19 (KJV)

2 At that time Berodachbaladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present unto Hezekiah: for he had heard that Hezekiah had been sick.

13 And Hezekiah hearkened unto them, and shewed them all the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not.

14 Then came Isaiah the prophet unto king Hezekiah, and said unto him, What said these men? and from whence came they unto thee? And Hezekiah said, They are come from a far country, even from Babylon.

15 And he said, What have they seen in thine house? And Hezekiah answered, All the things that are in mine house have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shewed them.

16 And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord.

17 Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord.

18 And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.

19 Then said Hezekiah unto Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken. And he said, Is it not good, if peace and truth be in my days?

=============================

[What lesson does this account teach?

It teaches not to practice full and open total disclosure with other countries,

as it gives THEM an unfair advantage.

Again, there was no "word of wisdom" mentioned in the account.

So, once again, we have some common-sense, mixed in haphazardly with anything else.

This supposed "key" falls down at a glance.]