GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Cult-Free Year comes to a close

skyrider

What a year!! :beer:

Family, friends, fun, festivities, finances, football, freedom.........loving it.

This isn't just looking at the cup as "half-full"....the dang thing is overflowing!!

No more repetitive, sluggish meetings of compulsory attendance. Nope.

No more "praying in the new year" and honoring vpw, the serial plagiarist and predator.

No more being monitored of information, thought, actions, identity or emotion.

No more verbal abuse by leadership via phone or corps meetings.

What a year it's been!

Life, health, opportunities, advancement, relationships, etc......thank you Lord.

Never agreed with wierwille that if you leave twi, you leave "the word" spiel.

Never agreed with lcm about his 'greasespot by midnight' death threats.

Never agreed that twi was the one and only true household of God. Ugh.

30 years and the wierwille legacy? Lame, Lust and Listless

15 years of martindale's ousting? Diminished, Disguised, and Deflected

35,000 have left the building, the cult-zone.

Do 350 regularly attend twi's sunday teachings?

A toast to the survivors :beer:

A silent moment for those who didn't :(

Auld Lang Syne

The song begins by posing a rhetorical question as to whether it is right that old times

be forgotten, and is generally interpreted as a call to remember long-standing friendships.[9]

Thomson’s Select Songs of Scotland was published in 1799 in which the second verse about greeting

and toasting was moved to its present position at the end.[9]

Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and never brought to mind?

Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and old lang syne?

CHORUS:

For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,

we'll take a cup of kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup!

and surely I’ll buy mine!

And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

• 2 weeks later...

No more repetitive, sluggish meetings of compulsory attendance. Nope.

No more "praying in the new year" and honoring vpw, the serial plagiarist and predator.

No more being monitored of information, thought, actions, identity or emotion.

No more verbal abuse by leadership via phone or corps meetings.

What a year it's been!

Ah yes. Let me count the ways normal Christianity is better than cult Christianity:

1) If I want to sleep in on Sunday and watch football, I can watch a service replay later and nobody will be checking up on me whether I attended or made it up.

2) Service - I can sign up, serve once, people are thankful and don't try to manipulate you or dictate your service

3) Small Groups - go, don't go - it's all cool - 1x a week max with nobody pressuring you to take a class

4) $$$ - people aren't legalistic about tracking your giving, overstepping boundaries with leaders "getting involved with budgeting" and money goes to real causes not another layer of dust wax on the auditorium railings or flowers on VP's grave.

5) Music - musicians don't sound like someone's foot is on their neck - real music without the swinging ladies of the maternity clothing - guitars you can hear - not mealymouthed lyrics revised 85x by the STS committee

6) Sermons - lack the patronizing note of TWI teachings - no parent talking down to a child flavor

7) Tolerance - many churches tolerate and encourage people's involvement and participation who have different beliefs than them - even atheists

8) Community - real service to community, not DTD invite to PFAL / WAP classses or accosting people late night in malls. Homeless fed, poor given Xmas gifts, people in trouble helped in local community. Greater missions supported like Exodus Road - sex trade work and freeing captive kids in other countries.

9) Society - Other Christians in society have the same knowledge, relevance, commitment, story, deliverance I do. I can meet them, interact with them, go to a church with them, etc. without all the "weirdness" of explaining or living with VP's sexual predation, plagiarism, and cult doctrine.

10) Neighbors - I can actually have a Christian friendship with neighbors - something TWI has never achieved in all 72 years of fabricated existence.

11) Classes - are not 2-3 weeks 3x a week with "needing to make a commitment to be at every session" to ensure proper bombardment and indoctrination occurs.

12) Debt - nobody cares. Nobody twists scriptures to set edicts. Dave Ramsey material is available/used for help in that category, but people aren't disallowed class registration or leadership responsibilities due to debt.

13) Mortgage/Car Loan - I can have these, talk about them with my Christian friends, help each other get best deals, and not feel like a 2nd class citizen denied advanced teaching and leadership. No more awkward conversations with relatives trying to explain why a car loan is debt but a car lease isn't debt and a mortgage is debt but signing a 2 year apartment lease is not debt.

14) Current - my Christianity / spirituality can remain current and relevant to the time rather than isolated and gravitating towards an Amish society in a cornfield or on the island of Lesbos somewhere...

Just a start there.

Life, health, opportunities, advancement, relationships, etc......thank you Lord.

Never agreed with wierwille that if you leave twi, you leave "the word" spiel.

Never agreed with lcm about his 'greasespot by midnight' death threats.

Never agreed that twi was the one and only true household of God. Ugh.

When you leave TWI, you leave a cult run by false prophets.

When you leave TWI, you leave the twisting of the Word which they use to manipulate and control the stupid

When you leave TWI, you will become a sprouting plant by day. The only greasespot by midnight is the former TWI president who made that statement who was ousted kicked out of HQ bum rushed out of there and moved to Akron and put on a short leash.

When you leave TWI, you are leaving a false household of God.

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...