2) Go to friend-tracker to locate someone

3) Sharing of someone who has deceased

4) Questions, answers, books, dialogue

5) Never a part of twi, but dating someone who is

6) Why should you join or avoid twi

7) What was good in pfal

8) What was wrong in pfal

9) Things about WOW, Fellow-Laborers, Corps, Clergy

10) Personal incidents, observations, confrontations, etc.

11) Someone who ran into a post-twi prez lcm

12) Someone who lurks here and NEVER posts

13) WayGB who keep their eyes on this place

14) Those who like to connect the dots of twi's evil

15) Etc. etc. etc.

Whatever your reason for walking thru the GS doors, you've entered a unique place.

Many have tried to duplicate its prestige, but pressured out of existence for one

reason or another.

With 143 pages of thread in the By The Way forum alone,

you can see the vastness of subjects that have been discussed

thru the years. Many, many posters have come and gone....but

their words embed the wisdom of a multitude of counsellors.

Doors are always open.

Thank the Lord for that!! I have been out of TWI for almost 30 years, and I am still learning about the s--t that went on behind closed doors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2016 at 2:47 PM, skyrider said:

The Café gives everyone a voice.

1) Tell your life story

2) Go to friend-tracker to locate someone

3) Sharing of someone who has deceased

4) Questions, answers, books, dialogue

5) Never a part of twi, but dating someone who is

6) Why should you join or avoid twi

7) What was good in pfal

8) What was wrong in pfal

9) Things about WOW, Fellow-Laborers, Corps, Clergy

10) Personal incidents, observations, confrontations, etc.

11) Someone who ran into a post-twi prez lcm

12) Someone who lurks here and NEVER posts

13) WayGB who keep their eyes on this place

14) Those who like to connect the dots of twi's evil

15) Etc. etc. etc.

Whatever your reason for walking thru the GS doors, you've entered a unique place.

Many have tried to duplicate its prestige, but pressured out of existence for one

reason or another.

With 143 pages of thread in the By The Way forum alone,

you can see the vastness of subjects that have been discussed

thru the years. Many, many posters have come and gone....but

their words embed the wisdom of a multitude of counsellors.

Doors are always open.

Sky, and for that, we are thankful.  I come here to make sense of my time in TWI; some of my experiences were great, and some of my experiences were terrible.  I met some truly great people in TWI, and I met some real b------s.  

On 1/27/2016 at 5:32 PM, Raf said:

Waydale, and to a lesser extent GSC, was crucial in exposing the truth of TWI and providing its former members a place to gather and share thoughts. That TWI is a shell of its former self can at least PARTLY be attributed to this site and its predecessor. However, let's not exaggerate our influence. TWI was on a downward spiral long before we came along.

Raf, for sure!!  Hell, TWI was probably spiraling downward, the day it was Incorporated.  Was that 1957??

On 1/28/2016 at 0:52 PM, waysider said:

There were things I was told about or saw that I assumed were isolated incidents. Later, I discovered said activities were widespread. The sexual escapades are a common example. Another was the exploitation of others' resources, whether money, material goods, labor or special talents.

My point here is that I did not realize these things were present throughout the *cough* ministry. I thought they existed only in the isolated observations I had made.

Adding to the obscuring of facts was the idea you weren't supposed to talk about such matters with other believers. In fact, even voicing an acknowledgement signaled unrenewed mind on your own part for thinking evil of your brother or sister. So, a lot of misdeeds remained hidden.

Is this related to what you mean or do you mean they do know but remain indifferent?

Way, bingo!!!   Yes, finally someone understands what I am talking about!!!!  God forbid you said something negative about something in Way World; you were reproved( bitched at) immediately!!!  So much S--t went on; if you gave your opinions you were "off the Word." FTS!!!  It seems to me that much of the leadership lacked Common Sense, and Common Courtesy!!  For example, Way Homes were a big deal back in the late 70's.  I lived in two, and couldn't stand them.  When my time was up, I moved out, and people wanted to know why I didn't live with "believers."  I didn't want to deal with all the bulls--t.  I was much happier living with unbelievers, than with believers.  IMO, some believers were very difficult to live with, so I lived with non-believers, and loved it.  Even today, I live by myself, and truly enjoy being by myself.  Some people may have loved living in Way Homes; good for them!

On 1/28/2016 at 2:44 PM, Raf said:

No, the issue was you omitted my comment on what the new perspectives would be about.

I was originally commenting on the statement that this site no longer has new info about what's been going on in TWI recently. I was explaining that there is a sound reason for that. We need recent innies for the latest info, and we don't have them. No one here is launching a professional investigation into TWI. Unless we get new, recent members, anything we say about TWI's current activities are rumor or second hand, unless we get documentation somehow.

When I said new perspectives, I was specific about the subject. I have a new perspective on things, and I'm sure dozens of other posters do as well. But not about what's going on in TWI now. I have no perspective on that.

And I would at least challenge the notion that most of us are in contact with current wayfers. I could be wrong, but the last thing I would do is assume most of us are.

I'm not; the last time I spoke to an "innie" was 89, I think.