GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Cafe and its patrons

skyrider

Don't forget that a major reason we don't see new perspectives about recent activities is that we haven't allowed new members to sign up for quite some time. Anyone who JUST left would not be able to register unless they explored the forum enough to know how to do it (you do it by contacting me: check out Greasespot 101 forum for details or find me on Facebook: there's a link on every one of my posts).

You don't need new people for new perspectives. People change, their perspectives change. Aren't most of us in contact with wayfers anyway?

I saw the effects of the internet starting 20 years ago. When I've tried to discuss it's been poo-pooed, since there's only been one true way to view it - as some sort of success story - and not something that increased confusion.

I've been here from the start. My understanding is that GSC isn't really about any groups of people being accepted (belonging) other than to validate

one's reasons for leaving TWI madness.

We're not a clique or even a fellowship. It's a place to speak your mind.

Those who rationalize and justify TWI dogmas and practices generally experience something other than validation.

Facebook, OTOH, is a place where people can share as a group of likeminded individuals in a community, by choice.

Do people sometimes have unrealistic expectations here at GSC? Perhaps.

What do those people do about their unrealistic expectations?

Other than self-justification, that is. We ALL self-justify.

I'm referring to people's ideas, not the people.

It was probably far less known than you seem to think, even among corps and staff.

When it comes to wayfers, just because they don't know something doesn't mean they weren't told or didn't see anything. As one example - I've had much older generations tell me they've told wayfers a hundred times before I was born about TWI. The mind just deletes - sort of - (some things resurface occasionally)

When it comes to wayfers, just because they don't know something doesn't mean they weren't told or didn't see anything.

There were things I was told about or saw that I assumed were isolated incidents. Later, I discovered said activities were widespread. The sexual escapades are a common example. Another was the exploitation of others' resources, whether money, material goods, labor or special talents.

My point here is that I did not realize these things were present throughout the *cough* ministry. I thought they existed only in the isolated observations I had made.

Adding to the obscuring of facts was the idea you weren't supposed to talk about such matters with other believers. In fact, even voicing an acknowledgement signaled unrenewed mind on your own part for thinking evil of your brother or sister. So, a lot of misdeeds remained hidden.

Is this related to what you mean or do you mean they do know but remain indifferent?

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but you need new people for new perspectives ABOUT RECENT EVENTS IN TWI. None of us are in, and if someone just left TWI and wants to share his/her experience but is unable to do so because he can't register for this page, then that absolutely DOES affect this page's ability to offer those perspectives. I don't see how that's even arguable.

I have no idea how many of us are in touch with current innies.

There were things I was told about or saw that I assumed were isolated incidents. Later, I discovered said activities were widespread. The sexual escapades are a common example. Another was the exploitation of others' resources, whether money, material goods, labor or special talents.

My point here is that I did not realize these things were present throughout the *cough* ministry. I thought they existed only in the isolated observations I had made.

Adding to the obscuring of facts was the idea you weren't supposed to talk about such matters with other believers. In fact, even voicing an acknowledgement signaled unrenewed mind on your own part for thinking evil of your brother or sister. So, a lot of misdeeds remained hidden.

Is this related to what you mean or do you mean they do know but remain indifferent?

If you're saying this a public forum. Got it.

I'm sorry, but you need new people for new perspectives ABOUT RECENT EVENTS IN TWI. None of us are in, and if someone just left TWI and wants to share his/her experience but is unable to do so because he can't register for this page, then that absolutely DOES affect this page's ability to offer those perspectives. I don't see how that's even arguable.

I have no idea how many of us are in touch with current innies.

If you were referring to my statement it wasn't to argue. (I may use the word "perspective" differently.)

No, the issue was you omitted my comment on what the new perspectives would be about.

I was originally commenting on the statement that this site no longer has new info about what's been going on in TWI recently. I was explaining that there is a sound reason for that. We need recent innies for the latest info, and we don't have them. No one here is launching a professional investigation into TWI. Unless we get new, recent members, anything we say about TWI's current activities are rumor or second hand, unless we get documentation somehow.

When I said new perspectives, I was specific about the subject. I have a new perspective on things, and I'm sure dozens of other posters do as well. But not about what's going on in TWI now. I have no perspective on that.

And I would at least challenge the notion that most of us are in contact with current wayfers. I could be wrong, but the last thing I would do is assume most of us are.

No, the issue was you omitted my comment on what the new perspectives would be about.

I was originally commenting on the statement that this site no longer has new info about what's been going on in TWI recently. I was explaining that there is a sound reason for that. We need recent innies for the latest info, and we don't have them. No one here is launching a professional investigation into TWI. Unless we get new, recent members, anything we say about TWI's current activities are rumor or second hand, unless we get documentation somehow.

When I said new perspectives, I was specific about the subject. I have a new perspective on things, and I'm sure dozens of other posters do as well. But not about what's going on in TWI now. I have no perspective on that.

And I would at least challenge the notion that most of us are in contact with current wayfers. I could be wrong, but the last thing I would do is assume most of us are.

Okay. I'm here because I deal with "innies".

Sorry for an omitting.

Why has Waydale and Greasespot Café been so valuable?

The first rule about fight club corps training is that you don't talk

about fight club corps training.

The second rule about fight club ordinations is that you don't talk

about fight club ordinations.

The third rule about fight club wierwille's credibility as "man of god"

is that you....don't....talk....about....wierwille.

To talk about this openly DESTROYS THE MYSTIQUE.

• Upvote 1

I like and come to Greasespot because it is a web of developmental relationships between people who shared some experiences that I do not share with most other people in my current life.

Like Raf, I have been progressing beyond the place where my experience with TWI took me, and I like to discuss that with other people here. Though the new perspectives Raf and I have discovered are different in many regards, I still respect and value his intellectual integrity and the reflection he can give to the things I think. I have fun with ALL of you and regard you as friends, even if we disagree.

Love,

Steve

Okay. I'm here because I deal with "innies".

Sorry for an omitting.

No problem. Miscommunication cleared up.

And thanks for the added perspective that you're in touch with innies. I somehow was not aware of that (contrary to popular belief, the mods, to the best of my knowledge, do not read every.single.post.on.the.site). So if I hear you say something about current events in TWI, I will know to trust it as more than just speculation. Hearsay might be inadmissible in a court of law, but this is not a court of law. :)

Like what?

Examples?

I've sent you PMs about it before.

(or at least tried to)

Nope. Not one.

What "new things" or examples?

hmmm . . . how to deal with wayfers.

Skyrider, If you have a list of threads, particularly on dialogue with Wayfers. Your guidance would be welcome.

(I've been on and off here for some years . . . and I do dig for info, but if you have some info that I can apply, you'll more than prove your point :) )

Skyrider, If you have a list of threads, particularly on dialogue with Wayfers. Your guidance would be welcome.

(I've been on and off here for some years . . . and I do dig for info, but if you have some info that I can apply, you'll more than prove your point :)/> )

Bolshevik......according to post #7, you want to talk about a "dialogue with wayfers."

You are the one who initiated this. It was YOUR idea.

Please don't derail this thread. Start a new thread.

If I want to add to your conversation and list some threads to help you

with this supposed "dialogue with wayfers".....I will join in. Thanks.

Here's something recent then...my bro-in-law, an 'innie' based in Hawaii, has been compiling a book on everything that is wrong with twi. He plans on presenting it to the board of trustees at some point. Good 'luck' is all I say :rolleyes:/>

Yup...good luck. I didn't write a book, but sent a ten page, single-spaced letter to John Reynolds, then on the Board of Trustees, breaking down everything that I could find wrong with Martindale's class. I got a call from Reynolds, but was thrown out of TWI shortly thereafter

You don't need new people for new perspectives. People change, their perspectives change. Aren't most of us in contact with wayfers anyway?

I saw the effects of the internet starting 20 years ago. When I've tried to discuss it's been poo-pooed, since there's only been one true way to view it - as some sort of success story - and not something that increased confusion.

Well, when you put it that way, of course massive amounts of new information, before people process and organize it for themselves, can be very confusing.

I've been here from the start. My understanding is that GSC isn't really about any groups of people being accepted (belonging) other than to validate

one's reasons for leaving TWI madness.

We're not a clique or even a fellowship. It's a place to speak your mind.

For me....I look at this place like a level playing field.

Some posters have come here who NEVER were in twi. Some have asked pertinent questions

because he/she was dating a pfal grad. For others....concerned about a brother? sister?

why way disciple program? corps?

So many of us invested years, if not decades, into twi and saw red flags and slivers of

evil that were disturbing. Yet, it was SO EASY to dismiss things or doubt oneself.....

BECAUSE we were taught in "Dealing with the Adversary" that one of four fronts of the

devil was YOU.

And, yet.....coming to the Café, we learn that it was THEM. :anim-smile:

• Upvote 1

Allan, what's he got to say? He was so busy climbing the greasy pole that I'm surprised he had time to notice there was anything wrong. He should come here and find out more than he ever wanted to know.

"Wrong" - and he's still an innie? (The fool)

Presumably then his wife is with him in this book venture.

BECAUSE we were taught in "Dealing with the Adversary" that one of four fronts of the

devil was YOU.

And, yet.....coming to the Café, we learn that it was THEM. :anim-smile:/>

Great comment!

My response was "don't worry, we've made sure we NEVER FORGET where we've come from lol

Equally great comment!

:)

George

It seems so crazy now that it felt *normal* to us to distance ourselves from our friends and family. How absurd that must have looked from the outside looking in.

Yep, really weird to look back.....or see it thru a family loved ones' eyes.

" We believe he is still part of TWI. Everything we know about him is pretty foggy

because he did not communicate with us much after he joined TWI."

"We just want to let Joey know that we miss him and love him. Our parents aren't getting any younger

and I know that their one and only wish is to see their first born son again. I really don't know

how TWI works...."

Edited by skyrider