GreaseSpot Cafe

Bowling Green

Bolshevik

Does anyone know the story behind why Bowling Green became the college of choice for a lot of Wayfers? When did that begin?

I didn't go to Bowling Green, but I felt a lot of heat at that time with my experience. I suspect a correlation, at least.

Does anyone know the story behind why Bowling Green became the college of choice for a lot of Wayfers? When did that begin?

I didn't go to Bowling Green, but I felt a lot of heat at that time with my experience. I suspect a correlation, at least.

Obviously, I wouldn't know. But one of Loy's daughter went there... if anyone's in touch with her, she might have insight to answer that question.

OTOH, the other daughter went to THE OSU.

Well, I suspect in-state tuition would have played a part in it. Reasonably close to home, not horribly liberal. Perhaps they found they could get a good bang for their buck there...I would suspect all were eligible for PELL grants, given the Way's shabby way of paying their employees these days.

I do. I was in the heart of all of it. It started with a small group (7 or 8) from HQ that went along with the oldest of the chosen back in the late 90's and early 2000's. A fine school, close enough to control/drive to HQ, in state tuition, cheap... A scholarship program that was made for inner-city and underprivileged youth was available, and somehow Wafers started signing up for the full rides year after year.

A Corps couple were put there to be glorified baby sitters, and lock-stepers followed with their children to build it up. Why not? It was good enough for the MOG's children (the second also attended, but never really "got there". Number three did go to OSU), it was good enough for everyone else. I rememebr having to submit schedules of our week in 15 minutes blocks. 15 MINUTE BLOCKS!!! And of course budgets.

We put on productions and had many staffers come. Weddings, limb, etc. It was a hub of the NW. Biggest I remember was about 45, give or take the fringe.

What did you want to know?

A scholarship program that was made for inner-city and underprivileged youth was available, and somehow Wafers started signing up for the full rides year after year.

I rememebr having to submit schedules of our week in 15 minutes blocks. 15 MINUTE BLOCKS!!! And of course budgets.

What did you want to know?

That just about says it all.

. . .

A Corps couple were put there to be glorified baby sitters, and lock-stepers followed with their children to build it up. Why not? It was good enough for the MOG's children (the second also attended, but never really "got there". Number three did go to OSU), it was good enough for everyone else. I rememebr having to submit schedules of our week in 15 minutes blocks. 15 MINUTE BLOCKS!!! And of course budgets.

. . .

This.

(I did 15-minute blocks in high school . . . don't get me started lol)

When I tried to leave home . . . there was a nation-wide network of yes, as you put it, baby-sitters. Between the baby-sitters and the internet cutting off escape routes. It was a cluster-fudge.

TWI was a complete distraction to my education. Both academically and emotionally.

I had more baby-sitters than I can remember. Lots of folks in multiple states keeping tabs on me. Dictates coming in from multiple limbs.

I'm younger than LCM's eldest, so I've thought that was all related.

edited for grammar

Edited by Bolshevik