Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Recommended Posts

Taking that as a clue that supposedly gives away the movie if you saw it, I'm thinking this might be "THE INVENTION OF LYING."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, this is Children of Men

 

One of 470 Clive Owen movies released between 2000 and 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's that movie with Steve Buscemi, John Goodman, Phillp Seymour Hoffman, Sam Elliott and that Dude were in???  What's his name?   His Dad did Sea Hunt?  Jeff Bridges..............The Big Lebowski. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  The cheery Jesus ("Buddy Christ") was a creation of George Carlin's character in "Dogma."  He thought it was awful that the representation of our Savior was always such a downer.  :dance:

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

No.  The cheery Jesus ("Buddy Christ") was a creation of George Carlin's character in "Dogma."  He thought it was awful that the representation of our Savior was always such a downer.  :dance:

George

George was correct!    

As messed up as that character was, I think he had a point.  There's been depictions of Jesus smiling and so on in recent years.   Also complected like he's from the Middle East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The movie will be obvious.  What was happening in this scene (or really, just prior to it)?

image.png

 

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patton

 

 

And I've never seen it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See how easy that was?

Of course, not having seen the movie, Raf wouldn't know what the scene involved.  In a celebration after the defeat of the Nazis, a Russian general (through his interpreter) asked if Patton would join him in a drink.  Patton's response, "I'm not drinking with any Russian son of a b-tch."  The interpreter was loathe to relay that message, but Patton insisted.  The Russian replied that he thought Patton was a son of a b-tch, as well.  Patton laughed and said he WOULD drink, as "one son of a b-tch with another."

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

See how easy that was?

Of course, not having seen the movie, Raf wouldn't know what the scene involved.  In a celebration after the defeat of the Nazis, a Russian general (through his interpreter) asked if Patton would join him in a drink.  Patton's response, "I'm not drinking with any Russian son of a b-tch."  The interpreter was loathe to relay that message, but Patton insisted.  The Russian replied that he thought Patton was a son of a b-tch, as well.  Patton laughed and said he WOULD drink, as "one son of a b-tch with another."

George

Never saw the movie, but that's a neat moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize that there are a lot of great movies, and we can't see them all, but this one was a classic.  I highly recommend it.

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe a gsc-er gave me this movie, though to be honest I cannot recall who and I've, um, lost touch with a couple.

 

FB_IMG_1595640413910.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gettysburg.

Great scene. Temporary truce so confederate soldier can savor some union coffee while the union soldier enjoyed southern tobackey.

 

Free post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 8:06 PM, Raf said:

No, this is Children of Men

 

One of 470 Clive Owen movies released between 2000 and 2010

He did 32 movies during that period.  That is a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Rick Moranis and Ellen Greene singing, that must be "Little Shop of Horrors."  It's been a long time since I've seen it, so I'm not sure what's happening on screen.

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the end of the Skid Row (Downtown) song, and at this point you realize Moranis has the singing chops to pull this off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the movie and the scene.  Woody and Diane were part of a resistance against an overbearing government.  The Fearless Leader had died, but they saved his nose for cloning.  After trying to sneak off with the nose failed, Woody held it hostage,  :biglaugh:

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...