GreaseSpot Cafe

Come on Home!

OldSkool

Seems that Twi has really ramped up their efforts to sell nostalgia to get their numbers back up from their dismal state...I've seen quite a few way folks on social media posting stuff like "Come on Home! If you havent been to the way come on home and see whats going on today...new and exciting things...etc.." --- Not quite verbatim but these posts are close enough in word that Im pretty sure that these are slogans coming down from the way of the usa. Their 80th anniversary was last Sunday so most likely this concept was pushed there as well.

Edited by OldSkool

Just now, Bolshevik said:

They were quoting VPW.  They did not specifically say the were with TWI or an offshoot.

I have also been seeing and hearing about people returning to TWI proper.

Yeah - they are reaching out to way corps they ran off, etc etc. There's kind of a nostalgic effort to reclaim the glory years by including those who were un-invited from TWI and also by doing the things that used to work -- especially aimed at young people. Young adult rock comes to mind.

18 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah - they are reaching out to way corps they ran off, etc etc. There's kind of a nostalgic effort to reclaim the glory years by including those who were un-invited from TWI and also by doing the things that used to work -- especially aimed at young people. Young adult rock comes to mind.

"getting back to VPW" is a phrase I think I heard.  Or it seems they cite someone they claim has their main source as VPW . . . and who does their "own research".

People light up when they hear about a person they haven't seen in forever.  I'm sure that's contagious.

Edited by Bolshevik
spelling

58 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

"getting back to VPW" is a phrase I think I heard.  Or it seems they cite someone they claim has their main source as VPW . . . and who does their "own research".

Sounds like one particular regular poster here.

If you get a lot of these calls, you could become a whistle blower.  You know, tell them you're not interested.  If they persist, tell them they hurt your ears and now you will hurt theirs.  Then blow a whistle loudly down the phone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Twinky said:

Sounds like one particular regular poster here.

If you get a lot of these calls, you could become a whistle blower.  You know, tell them you're not interested.  If they persist, tell them they hurt your ears and now you will hurt theirs.  Then blow a whistle loudly down the phone.

I got their name.  I don't think they post here.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

People light up when they hear about a person they haven't seen in forever.  I'm sure that's contagious.

This undoubtedly comes from the second part of the fixed assets left over in the Way - the Timothy statues.

Where else are you gonna find life size worshippable idols already hand made?  All it needs is another layer of whitewash on the surface.   VP = Timothy

Thus reminds me of a Dave Chappell routine on Bill Cosby.  He rapes….. but he saves ……

Too sickly true to even joke about.