GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy New Year

Twinky

Happy new year to you all, folks.  :drink:I'm already into 2023 but most of you will still be lingering in 2022.

Let's try putting an argumentative year behind and moving on in a little more companionable way, hey? :knuddel: (I can see this as a NY resolution lasting a good 30 seconds.)

Stay safe, stay well, and have a joyful year.  :wave:

Edited by Twinky
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Happy new year to you all, folks.  :drink:I'm already into 2023 but most of you will still be lingering in 2022.

Hmmm... sounds like the premise of a time travel novel. :wink2: 

Happy New Year Twinky!

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

What really weird is when I fly to the antipodes... I arrive home before one of my flights has departed, or some such nonsense.  Mind you, sometimes when going there I leap from one day to another two days hence.

That could be really weird.  If you left Australia, NZ or the Pacific Islands on 1 Jan, you might not arrive in Malaysia, Singapore, or wherever until 31 Dec the previous year...  I think I'd better go to bed, my brain will start hurting soon.  Dateline travel is very odd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Let's try putting an argumentative year behind and moving on in a little more companionable way, hey? :knuddel: (I can see this as a NY resolution lasting a good 30 seconds.)

Stay safe, stay well, and have a joyful year.  :wave:

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Happy New Year Twinky!

Yes yes yes yes !!!!

Time travel !!!!

I have the perfect idea for luggage

8e000531160c012d1270eab18bbfa990.jpg

Happy New Year Grease Spotters!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

What really weird is when I fly to the antipodes... I arrive home before one of my flights has departed, or some such nonsense.  Mind you, sometimes when going there I leap from one day to another two days hence.

That could be really weird.  If you left Australia, NZ or the Pacific Islands on 1 Jan, you might not arrive in Malaysia, Singapore, or wherever until 31 Dec the previous year...  I think I'd better go to bed, my brain will start hurting soon.  Dateline travel is very odd.

I finally caught up to you... of course, I expect you're sound asleep by now. :wave:

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I finally caught up to you... of course, I expect you're sound asleep by now. :wave:

Just getting up.  Stayed over with a friend, got an early morning cup of tea in bed.  Good way to start the new year

Lots if fireworks in the valley last night, and in the surrounding hill ridges.  Big noises, bangs and low rumblings. 

.When I was a child, the church bells used to ring, and on a distant train line, engine whistles were blown.  No fireworks.  Sometimes, someone would come "first footing,"  and bearing a piece of coal - supposed to bring good luck. 

These days, not so much of any of that.  People are in pubs celebrating together, or at private parties.  And they go outside and frighten neighbourhood babies and animals with noisy fireworks.

Peace, people.

Great travel bag, T-Bone.

• Upvote 1

Happy 2023, Greasespotters! 

To you, too, Penworks.  Nice to see you paying a visit.  A couple of topics here might catch your attention.