GreaseSpot Cafe

White Jesus Born in the Middle East

Stayed Too Long

The Jesus pic you posted is humorous as well as the many other European versions of Jesus. However, Middle Easterners are considered Caucasian with some African admixture. So in reality it's hard to say if Christ had more African features or if he favored caucasians or if there was a nice middle-eastern brown skinned thing going.

17 hours ago, OldSkool said:

The Jesus pic you posted is humorous as well as the many other European versions of Jesus. However, Middle Easterners are considered Caucasian with some African admixture. So in reality it's hard to say if Christ had more African features or if he favored caucasians or if there was a nice middle-eastern brown skinned thing going.

Let’s assume his mother threw in African/caucasian…what nationalities did his father contribute? Apparently this same father was also the father/mother of Jesus’ ancestors, Adam and Eve?

On 3/2/2023 at 1:29 AM, Stayed Too Long said:

Let’s assume his mother threw in African/caucasian…what nationalities did his father contribute? Apparently this same father was also the father/mother of Jesus’ ancestors, Adam and Eve?

Its anyone's guess as to what race/mix of races he wouldve been. Im not even taking a stab at that one, but suffuce it to say the odds of Jesus having been a fairskinned European guy with brownish flowing hair are probably slim to none.

23 hours ago, OldSkool said:

the odds of Jesus having been a fairskinned European guy with brownish flowing hair are probably slim to none.

Don't forget the piercing blue eyes! image.jpeg LOL.  

It's always been interesting to me that there are no physical descriptions in the Bible - not of Jesus, and precious few of other people.  This one was tall, that one had a gammy leg, another was fat.  In addition, one might be blind, or deaf, etc.  Always a purpose, when a physical attribute is described. 

Perhaps that's a lesson to us, to look beyond physical appearance.  Yet we are so often swayed by appearance, rather than actions.

If Jesus were presented as a man in a kippah/skullcap, or with a keffiyeh (Arab style male head dress) - or a fez or a turban or, in our time, a motorcycle helmet - would we accept the message?  Or would prejudice get in the way?

Going off track a bit.  This is supposed to be in Humor.

God speed - Jesus on a motorbike. Sticker by shaggydawgg

Oops, Jesus is going to get a fine for not wearing a helmet!!!

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

It's always been interesting to me that there are no physical descriptions in the Bible - not of Jesus, and precious few of other people.  This one was tall, that one had a gammy leg, another was fat.  In addition, one might be blind, or deaf, etc.  Always a purpose, when a physical attribute is described. 

Personally, Im thankful God didn't include such descriptions in scripture. Look at how crazy the emulation was with people acting like VPW or Craig, as if being mini-me versions of them was a holy thing. Makes me wonder if God had included physical descriptions if everyone would set out to emulate them....btw....that motorcycle Jesus got a good belly laught outta me.

• 1 month later...