GreaseSpot Cafe

A Failure Based Ministry

So_crates

On 9/26/2023 at 3:16 PM, So_crates said:

We were told we would manifest the power of God. How many do you know really did? How many healing and miricles are you aware that news of such didn't come from a friend of a friend (a ministry urban legend) ?

You see, the truth of the matter is that we were never meant to manifest the power of God,  to become successful. Because if we ever did manifest that power we would become to Independent and, in Saint Vic's mind, might no longer need him. So it was to his benefit to keep us in a cycle of failure which would keep us dependent on the ministry.

You would think God would want you to succeed and be a shining example of his love. Yet, the ministry was based on you failing.

I believe we did manifest the power of God in TWI but of course the gifts/ manifestations were up to the individual believer's own faith and action demonstrating God's gifts; then whoever saw the fruit would see the confirmation of that truth.      To confirm miracles in TWI were genuine, has to come from the individual believers' own experiences and not hearsay.    I've heard of a couple of things but the most telling were my own experiences.    It must always be remembered that these experiences are gifts from God the Father Almighty, at God's option.    Yes we believe first, but still is God's option to bring it to pass.   These experiences are evident in faith-based churches and even charismatic Catholic churches.    Regarding laying on of hands, prayers and healings:  the catholic church close to where Iive would put TWI to shame how aggressive they are. 

53 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

Yes we believe first, but still is God's option to bring it to pass.   These experiences are evident in faith-based churches and even charismatic Catholic churches.    Regarding laying on of hands, prayers and healings:  the catholic church close to where Iive would put TWI to shame how aggressive they are

And this is one of the reasons why I think the whole thing is a scam.  As long as they can blame you for failure, they're covered.

Let me ask you, when you go skydiving, how long does it take gravity to respond? Or do you just dangle in midair like Wile E. Coyote?

Why is believing different than any other universal law?

• Like 1

Every day around the globe (yes, Earth is an ellipsoid) people of various faiths and various non faiths “manifest the power of God.”

But they won’t tell you about it, unless you ask. Even then, they might not. Many of them don’t consider the power miraculous. And none will pretend to teach a class on how to do it.

Anyone claiming to teach a formulaic, H-O-W class on divine power is a charlatan fraud or deeply delusional.  

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

So, I take it you're asking for clarification?

I apologize if I implied that was something Dr Tyson suggested.

I'm thankful you viewed the video multiple times. 

Not everything I've learned over the 37 years since I left Victor Wierwille's cult could possibly be included in or explained by even the most brilliant American astrophysicist. :wink2:

I have viewed videos by Dr Tyson in the past but lost track of him over the years. Thank you for sharing this one. He is such a personable old boy and makes astrophysics interesting. 

• Upvote 1