GreaseSpot Cafe

Moneyhands

Belle

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they used to always quote Uncle Harry as saying the Bible was just plain common horse sense? Seems they need to get some new horses in them thar stables. :P

Belle......Yes, the Uncle Harry quote was along the lines that much of the Bible was just plain common horse sense.

Seems that they loaded them in thar starting gates with their a$$es forward.......tis a public sight for sore eyes for sure. Just another back-assward move on their part.

:biglaugh:

Again, topics like this turn my stomach. I already owned a home but many little remarks were thrown in my face about being in debt. One day I finally showed the idiot my clear deed. I purchased a car with an agreement to pay off in 90 days. Well, the idiot came at me again and ask why I didn't talk with him about this before I traded my vehicle. Oh crap, the opportunity was there and I took advantage of it. My reply, "When you start paying my bills then you can tell me how to spend my money."

The End! Zilt--Never Again was I approached!

Hope everyone here has a nice day!

My reply, "When you start paying my bills then you can tell me how to spend my money." The End! Zilt--Never Again was I approached!

Ya hear that, innies?! It's your money.

Yours.

You decide, not some "overseer". You.

You don't have to discuss your financial decisions with anyone.

They can't force you to do so.

They don't know where best to use that money. You do!

And what will they do to you if you don't discuss it with them? Not let you take yet another class that's simply a rehash of every class you've already taken? How many classes do you have to take before you can start reading the bible on your own? How many exactly? Once I learned the alphabet, I didn't have to retake the Power for Alphabet Learning class over and over and over.

Or maybe they'll decide you're too much of a trouble-maker, not "like-minded", not embracing the "unity of the faith", outside the hedgehog of protection, and they'll mark and avoid you from their "fellowship." Other religions call it excommunication, shunning, but you know what it really is:

Kicking you out on your foot.

If they (and the people in your "fellowship") can so easily separate themselves from you, maybe you were never really a member of the "Way Household" to begin with.

But here's a thought - If they can so easily deny you, you who was bought with the price of the life of Jesus Christ, you for whom Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice, you whom God so loved, because you won't let them manage your money - then perhaps they were never part of the Family and Household of God to begin with.

You are free to determine which way you wish to go.

And by the way - your money will still be...your money.

• 11 months later...

Belle, I haven't read the thread, and don't have time to, and don't know if I'll ever have time to. I have a few spots at GSC that I like to hang out at when I have the time. I will do it, though, if I can, since you asked. But I just posted an apology to you on the other thread, and I really mean that.

Forgive me for judging you wrongly. I don't mean to be such an anti-anti. Part of it comes from my hurt, and a wish to not look at the ugly stuff. I acknowledge that. That being said, I do think that there are some very broken people who post things that they ought not. Some of this stuff I just have to put into Jesus' hands. My heart is not big enough to take it all in, and my ability to minister grace or anything within the will of God sometimes just dries up, for I'm a brokenhearted person, too.

They are wolves in sheep's clothing and not everyone got to see that side of them. I realize that. And, we're all hurt, or we were at one time. That's how we ended up at the cafe, no? :wink2: If sharing that pain and/or sharing the nasty stuff we know helps others, then I plan to keep on sharing. I know for a fact that it's helped quite a few people in my time here and I'm glad for that.

No problem if you don't read the thread. I wanted you to know that it's here and to see with your own eyes how bob treats people.