GreaseSpot Cafe

bark at TV door bell

Dot Matrix

I have 5 dogs. Each time a commercial or show has a door bell ring my dogs go crazy barking and run to the door.

Do you think advertisers purposely put the door bell sound in the commercials to make that happen, thereby getting our attention?

Do your dogs bark at TV door bells?

Dot Matrix

my cats tail gets all fluffy and big and she purrs when the mailman puts stuff in the box.

what is up with that huh? A govt plot ya think?

seriously she like the uniform .

lol I can picture that with the five dogs , my cat watches tv too, she will move over if ya stand in te way so she cant see it.

I can't watch that. *Ding* "woof woof woof!"

I can't watch Win Ben Stein's Money. *Ding* "woof woof woof!"

No matter how many times I tell EmmaDog, "Emma, it's the TV," she barks with every single solitary ding.

Of course, this is the same dog that sounds an alarm if she hears a leaf blow across the street 3 miles away. But can she hear me say, "Emma, come"? Nooooooooo. I swear, they're just like kids.

Dot, I can't imagine what it's like with 5 dogs doing that!!

Linda

How about when they hear other dogs on TV?

Oh my God!!! We watched this one movie that had a barking dog and they all sat up and started whining then barking. We had to put it on mute.

MJ: I dunno about the cat and the mailman that is really weird, huh?

Linda: Our dogs don't bark at the Ben Stein's ding. Wow, now that would be annoying. All the game shows? Does that ding sound like your door bell?

Chatty Kathy: FUNNY! He would hear the whistle and respond to the smiley face guy! How funny!

I worked with a girl whose Chow sings to different theme songs. He sings along with the Young and the Restless, the jingle tune to Cheers and several others. We didn't believe her so she taped it and he really sings along to those songs!!!

Aren't pets the greatest?

Dot Matrix

Whenever I call my sister, Ann, when she is lying in bed reading or watching TV (which is often), one or both of her two cats (Bovine and Toby) walk across the bed. stepping on just enough of the phone pad to bring jarring sounds to my ears .. Toby is especially likely to stand on the key pad while coming up to be petted....odd lot, those two.

ToadFriend

I don't have a dog (yet) but I have three silly cats. They aren't triggered by noises but they do have some bizarre habits...

One loves to lay down a little off to one side of the water bowl. As she's laying there she will stretch her paw out casually, as if she's reaching for a bon-bon, dip it into the water, bring it back to her mouth, and lick the water off her paw. She does this over and over until she's done "drinking". Where this came from I haven't a clue, she used to be normal.

My second cat will completely ignore the movement on the TV but will chase any flicker of light or shadow she thinks she sees on the floor, digging and digging as if she's going to find some great treasure. (And yes, she LOVES chasing light-beams! She cackles and chirps as if she were chasing live prey. She would run herself to death, sides heaving, mouth open and panting, she loves this game so much. But we don't do it very often because when we put the light away, she wanders around crying and looking for it for several minutes. It's pathetic to watch.)

And my last cat just can't get enough of watching me do the laundry. She insists on sitting right on the edge of the machine while I'm loading it, puts her head down low to watch the water pour in, and gets indignant when I finally close the lid. She'd watch it run through it's entire cycle if I let her. (I'm too afraid she'll fall in and get hurt.)

Once I pull the wet clothes out, she wants to climb in and wander around the inside barrel of the washer. And of course, she wants to investigate the inside of the dryer before I'm "allowed" to fill it with clothes. We've been through this countless dozens of times... you think she'd get enough of a "good thing" wouldn't you?