GreaseSpot Cafe

Holding salvation hostage until session 12?

IMF777

In various readings and what people have told me about this TWI cult, I heard something that I consider horrible and despicable.

Is it true that people were discouraged from leading people into salvation until session 12? Were they really made to wait till the end of the class? Say it's not so...

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Ok.

It's not so.

Salvation was taught, and people were encouraged to publicly announce their belief that Jesus is Lord ("do you believe?") and that God raised him from the dead ("do you believe?") in Session 7.

You're confusing salvation with speaking in tongues. I don't know that people were discouraged from speaking in tongues until session 12. I was not discouraged from doing so. But others may have been. I can't say with any certainty.

The Way and Wierwille were falsely accused of saying that unless you speak in tongues, you are not saved. they never said this. What they said was that unless you CAN speak in tongues, you are not saved (or, more accurately, anyone who's saved can speak in tongues). The ability to do something and the action of doing it are two different things.

This is true...

Years ago, I was talking with a friend at work who's daughter heard that in TWI, you must speak in tongues to be saved. I asked my friend to please correct her daughter and tell her to do better research about TWI because they never taught that SIT was a requirement to be saved. Thanks Raf.

Someone who was in TWI told me that they were reamed for leading someone into tongues and not making the person wait to do it "right" in session 12.

This was a person who had waited months and there was still no class running in their area.

When led into manifesting spirit, they were set free and overcome with joy.Why would anyone make someone wait for that?

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

I was told that B.G. Leonard's gifts of the spirit class, in the first session, tests that each student is already proficient in the 3 worship gifts.

Apparently Leonard felt that being born again and having Holy Spirit was crucial to understanding the scriptures being taught...

My future hubby who witnessed to me lead me into tongues at least 6 months before I ever took PFAL and no one gave a hoot!

IMF777 if you really want to know whats going on in TWI why don't you just join and learn for yourself, instead of beleiving everything that someone who told someone, told you!

You hadda be there to really know whats up. Has anyone ever told you anything good about TWI? Because there was alot of good at first. People did get born again, and met others that became friends for life, or found the one to marry like I did,

26 years in March I will be married to him and if not for TWI I never would have met him.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

(this post applies to where i lived)

session 12 was the carrot held in front of the "students'" noses

(most likely to help them through other boring sessions)

it was hyped like you wouldn’t believe

also hold all your questions until the end of the class

grads were discouraged from helping people "manifest" before session 12

grads were assigned to closely "undershepherd" new students so devil would not steal them and "talk them out of the class"

if you miss one session, you cannot finish

oh victory when they made it to session 12

"new people" felt like crappola if they did not speak in tongues on last night

this is funny

?