GreaseSpot Cafe

Broken logic?

CoolWaters

CW -- as pertains to your question about getting drunk, or being high, I am doing a word study on "eknepho" -- Strongs # 1594, awake, and once I get it done, you may see it posted here icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

If you don't see it here, it will be on www.truthortradition.com (yes) the CES sponsored site. icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

But good questions, even if they are broken logic to you. icon_cool.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abigail,

Nice to see you again.

You are definately on to something with your quotes form the PFAL book.

I don't think the logic is broken there, it's just eluding you a bit.

I just wanted to point out here that your post is an important one.

I don't have time to answer it her and now, but if you ponder it a bit more the exercise will be good for you. Ditto for others here. I will soon start composing the answer for you.

Thanks, I think you're pretty "Cool" too. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Mike,

After reading one of your posts on Brady's thread I have decided to withdraw from the discussion regarding PFAL. I want no part in it. If you don't understand why, read my post in the other thread.

Peace.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

Abigail,

I understand. I'll answer your post over there or elsewhere. In addition to letting you alone over here, I want to give CoolWaters a chance to cool down. I am glad you mentioned the item you did, though, because the answer to it is pretty hefty.

Mike,

Answer if you like, I already have a few possible answers. You don't have to "leave me alone", either.

Truth is, having gotten to know you a bit off the board, I think you're an alright person. I don't always agree with you and I don't always like the way you come across here, but that's ok. Written messages leave a lot out.

However, I have no desire to play a role in attempting to dismantel a belief system which is so important to you. I am not saying I have the power to do that or to destroy you, but I don't even wish to play a role in such a possibility.

So, answer if you wish, but I'm not likely to respond to it. As I said earlier, it is not a debate I wish to participate in.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

...I want to give CoolWaters a chance to cool down.

Mike,

Either this is projection on your part, or you've not listened to anything I've said.

There is a huge difference between standing behind one's personal boundaries and being mad, hurt or whatever you think I am that I need to "cool down".

?????????????

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

CW hmmm --- maybe am missing something from the word icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

When did Paul "steal from unbelievers" ? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Guess I missed it. Can you give the "proverbial" chapter and verse on that one????

Hmmmm...good point...I'm just going by a memory from twig or pfal or something I learned in twi.

Lemme go look this up...

?????????????

CW,

I’m glad to hear that I was wrong about you being upset with me.

However, how am I to interpret your blocking of my phone number to call you? Isn't that kind of an M&A proceedrure?

And how on earth did you get the idea I suggested leaving your husband might be a good thing? And why post such a terrible thing without asking me about it first?

That kind of misrepresentation, distortion, PROJECTION, or lie (I have no idea which) ....ed me off no end, because I would NEVER say such a thing. That kind of thing was done to me a few years ago and it stunk. I remember ALMOST saying something similar to someone who actually WANTED me to say it 20 years ago, and it haunts me.

quote:
That kind of misrepresentation, distortion, PROJECTION, or lie (I have no idea which) ....ed me off no end...

Mike,

If you want to go to PT to talk this out, fine. Nobody wants to watch us hash things out. Nobody should be expected to, either. Anyway, it's part of the rules to take personal things away from the boards.

Edited by CoolWaters to remove personal stuff that doesn't belong on the boards.

?????????????

[This message was edited by CoolWaters on February 05, 2004 at 20:19.]

dmiller,

I can't look for the reference anymore. Reading Paul's work makes me sick to my stomach...and riles up old stuff in me from twi experiences.

What I remember is that I was taught that believers were so ungiving that Paul had to steal bread to eat. Not sure anymore if that is even in the bible...

?????????????

CW,

I responded to you by e-mail.

Since I'm here, there is no such reference to be find.

Things are all merged in your mind.

You may be thinking of how David took the show-bread from the temple when he and others were starving.

With Paul, the non-giving to him that he deserved motivated him to GET A JOB making tents or saddles.

Such merging of items is very telling. Your reaction to Paul is more tdue to what others have said about him than what he writes himself.

God told me that publically posting my response to you was more than you could handle.

I think now even putting it in PT will hurt you, so I will back off totally.

I do love you and don't want to see you hurt. I think you have enough to think about, so I'll just say "God bless."

When you feel ok to approach me, you are welcome to call and I'll be gentle as ever.

quote:

God told me that publically posting my response to you was more than you could handle.

I think now even putting it in PT will hurt you, so I will back off totally.

I do love you and don't want to see you hurt. I think you have enough to think about, so I'll just say "God bless."

When you feel ok to approach me, you are welcome to call and I'll be gentle as ever.

Fair enough.

?????????????

quote:

...You may be thinking of how David took the show-bread from the temple when he and others were starving.

With Paul, the non-giving to him that he deserved motivated him to GET A JOB making tents or saddles.

Such merging of items is very telling. Your reaction to Paul is more tdue to what others have said about him than what he writes himself.

Which is exactly my point...twi's broken logic...and is it still in my head? These are some of the reasons I still post at GS...to think these things through with the input of others.

?????????????

Well, Mike, I'll give you that going back to the pfal books will help straighten out the difference between TVT and what was actually in the books...

But it's never going to straighten out the 27 years I wandered around in the fog looking for love in all the wrong places. Just reading the material you sent me stirred up the "storms" to the point that I was getting physically ill. And worse, I was constantly referencing the bible because things between what vpw was writing and what was in the bible didn't quite match up.

I know that you put forth that it's because I have a lack of understanding. Fine. If that's how you want to see it, then see it that way.

There may come a day when I won't still feel those reactions. Maybe not.

Regardless, what I am doing for my life right now is working for me...and I have the right to reject things that don't work for me...and I have the right to do so without a constant barrage of insults and digs.

?????????????

I accept your decision.

Not all of us grads are able to come back just yet. After the first wave us returnees gets totally blessed, you'll find it easier to come back to our loving arms. Right now I'm still mastering it and don't have all the answers for those who were hurt beyond their ability to calm their storms and break their negative associations with the good stuff.

But, tomorrow's another day and the Son may shine enough to disburse the clouds. icon_smile.gif:)--> Maybe you'll be ready then. Like I've said many times to you, take your time.

quote:

which god?

Geeze Mike...see how you are? That's a pat twi put-down. Even if you think you're loving somebody by saying such a thing, you know the implication and associations behind it all...so why even use it if you really do care about folks' hearts?

?????????????