GreaseSpot Cafe

Puerto Rico

Littlehawk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes...Adios I was in the Navy there at the time...stationed at Camp Moscrip , Rosevelt Roads. This was thirty years ago and I don't remember alot of names of the natives, just a few of the military guys and some of the wows that was there at the time.

• 1 month later...

hi Littlehawk

when were you in the seebees? I was in from november 1972 to december of '74 in NMCB 3. I helped with the 2 fresh water storage tanks that were put up on the marine corp base on vieques island. It has 4 pads of concrete of 44 to 45 cubic yards of concrete on each pad for the 2 tanks.

Was Charles Henry Ricks and Ian Murphy still in San Juan when you were in?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello guys! I was WOW with Buddy and Ian "Doug" Murphy. I saw CH last year when he came to Tallahassee for his son's baseball game. I have pictures, too. All I remember is waking up on Saturday or Sunday mornings and the floor being covered with sleeping men and Alan Ripke laying on the couch.

I stayed for 2 more years after my WOW year, married a Dominican and have 2 wonderful children, all grown up now.

So VERY looooong ago......

Blessings,

Cat

~~Cat

I was on a construction job for 9 months in Puerto Rico when hurricain Hugo hit (1988?). I rented a house in ARROYO PUEBLO. Two houses down from me there was a TWI fellowship but I never talked to anyone, didn't care. Were any of you there at that time?

Pretty country side, loved the mountains. I still remember the Qoqui(sp) Frogs at night.

I trust no one of you ever visited the "Black Angus Bar" in San Juan. lol

Thus Sayeth "The OnionEater"