GreaseSpot Cafe

statin drugs/Lipitor

Watered Garden

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 minutes had a program on the evil of a staton drug called Cetor....

or something to that spelling.

a man 75 years of age was in the hospital for complete kidney failure due to this drug once off the drug his kidney began working and functioning well . the hospital admits the problem was due to a side efffect of the staton drug...

the report says the FDA was well aware of the number of very serious side effects in this drug and actual deaths caused by this drug YET the company was able to get the drug approved by lowering the amount of the drug in the prescription with OUT any further testing on the drug!!!! read agin no more test where demanded for the smaller dosage although it was well documented to have very serious and numerous side effects... !!!!

it is proving itself to be just as deadly in smaller amounts as the amount that failed FDA approval !!!!!!!

what the hell is this mess???

I think it was Crestor, the one whose commercials sound like they were written by Dr. Suess, I suppose to make it sound harmless and even a little bit of fun.

I would rather subsist on lettuce leaves and soy bean cakes for the rest of my life than be on another statin drug!

WG

I am a Desert Storm Veteran and I will not do drugs unless I am in pain.

I take resposibilty for my health even thought the Army F**cked it up.

I refuse to take drugs.

Dr. are legal drugs pushers.

Look at TV.. Luring you into a comatose state. Did you ever WONDER WHY?

Remember the song, "g***d da***m the

pusher- man?

Well he is alive and well today, at your local drug store, VA hospital, or Dr. office.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably shouldn't start this up again, but here's the new scoop on statins.

"natural" treatments are not better than medicinal ones. After all, hemlock, arsenic, and tons of other toxins and poisons are natural. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA for safety and efficacy.

Popular Science just had a really good article about "scientific" claims. Very interesting.

The FDA can't pull supplements from the shelf unless they can prove harm, which means that a lot of people have to die first (ephedra is a good recent example). They are not monitored for accurate dosages or even for contaminants. Many random tests at independent labs have shown harmful levels of mercury and lead in over half of the supplements tested.

Nowhere is it more true: caveat emptor Buyer beware).

Statins are beneficial to many people. They are by prescription only so that risk:benefit ratio can be determined for each individual.

Remember: if it has a biological effect, it will also have "side effects". Doesn't matter whether it's natural, synthetic, whatever. There is no magic bullet.

Statins: Real Deal or Rx Cash Cow?

Running from the flames,

nonameplease

chwester is right.

The cholsterol thing is a big scam for drug companies.

No surprize there!

It's real simple Don't do drugs.

Unless you absolutely have to.

The VA wants to give me to take all KINDS of drugs.

I don't take them.

My health is MY responsibility.

The Dept of the Army F***** me up, and I have to stay well on my own, not become another desert storm veteran statistic.

My cholesterol is high and I eat a fresh vegetarian mostly raw diet, so my metabolism is all f*** up from Desert Storm, it is something that I have to live with, untill I figure something out. Which does not include drugs.

Went to Doctor and got a steroid cream prescription for skin reaction. It got almost gone and then I was out in the sun over the 4th of July weekend and now the damn thing is back. I'm going to call tomorrow and get another appt. They don't want to give me oral steroids because of the diabetes.

I think stress is a factor too.

WG

WG,

Try calling to see whether they will call in a refill for you, since it was working. Try to stay out of the sun for a while even after it seems cleared up. (Easier said than done, I know....)

Oral steroids will raise your blood sugar. Hubby had to be on insulin until his course was done, and his is very mild. It was really interesting to see how his blood sugar correlated to the cortisone dose while he was weaned off. It was a very direct relationship.

Best wishes, but

nonameplease