Hate to tell you this...

Refiner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know.

Curiosity I suppose exy.

Ive posted over there that Im resident here at the moment, so I guess theyve been "lurking" watching whats going on.

Actually "LongHauler" told me hed registered here, so thats me, Prisca of course, and LH.

So 3.

I guess GSC has got guests.

Ex my friend, I think they come here because I have looked at many ex-sites for different cult members and I think Waydale, and GS now is probably one of the most vital and ongoing.

I welcome them. After all, we were all cult members, just different titles of the ones we belonged to.

Please point out the purposes of this forum and

ask them to be mindful of its stated and

understood purposes when posting.

As a board dedicated to information and to

recovery, it may have more in common with AA than

with boards they're used to.

Refiner:

What is a dub? Personally, I don't care who comes as long as they love Jesus. Yea know, just like the Doobie Brothers song, "Jesus is just all right". Really, Jesus is cool. And actually he has warned us already about fat headed religious leaders so we should not blame Jesus for them. In fact, if we follow his example, we can get on their case just like he did.

Peace!

Well... as long as they don't talk with those funny accents it's OK with me... but why would they want to come here? Refiner said in the beginning he's writing a book about cults (or something to do with cults)... I don't know why anyone who hadn't been in TWI would really want to come around... but if they do... no biggie... (as long as they don't talk in those funny accents)

Edited by tomstrange

Tom. I am British myself, from the midlands, but reside in Oz.

I suppose that I dream about a big internet ex cult board where all former ex culties can share experiences and fight against the evils of cult abuse as a united force. If only they could tolerate each others differences.

Refiner:

The point I am making again is that Jesus was against cults and cult leaders too. You see, the cults get their power from fat headed religious leaders who want to lord over the common folk. They are successful in manipulating people and gain this hold on people not because of anything Jesus said, but because they are conniving low lifes with visons of grandeur and no conscience or at least really puny ones. Jesus used to argue with these power mongering scum bags all the time in the gospel records. Jesus is cool. If nothing else remember that.

Gotta go back to work. Later dude.

Hey Mark, you have addressed me a couple of times and I have failed to respond to you. Apologies.

I agree with you that Jesus is very cool.

Unfortunately,(and Ive posted this before at GSC)the cult I was in was not Christ Centered. The divinity of Jesus was down played and he was a secondary character.So I have a lot of programming that causes me to down grade Him.

You follow?

It is not in my upbringing to venerate Christ as divine.

That was filmed in New Zealand, so they used New Zealand movie extras.

Now the Matrix movie was made In Oz. so there are a lot of Aussie names in those movies such as Agent Smith, he is a well known ozzie actor called Hugo Weaving.

Yeah he is Tom.

Of course hes most famous for an ozzie film called "Priscilla queen of the desert".

Which is well worth watching, another ozzie called Guy Pierce is in that film with him. Guy Pierce was in The recent remake of "The Time Machine".