GreaseSpot Cafe

Hate to tell you this...

Refiner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Auzzie accents. Actually, I like any accent as long as it comes with a pair of long legs with a soothing voice.

Cool Refiner. Actually, the bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God and is at God's right hand in the heavenlies. Jesus earned his high position by his sacrifice for all of mankind. God, the Father delegated all authority to Jesus pertaining to his universal Church.

And Girl From Oz, kisses are as good as gold around here.

quote:
the bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God and is at God's right hand in the heavenlies. Jesus earned his high position by his sacrifice for all of mankind. God, the Father delegated all authority to Jesus pertaining to his universal Church.

Well interestingly Mark, strictly speaking, the JWs would teach the same thing, but somehow something gets lost in the wash.

I suppose it might be in order that I investigate what the exact difference is that makes the difference.

Thanks Refiner. Hey, will you and the Girl From Oz tell us some of your peculiar usages of English words? I am sure some of us would be interested, especially me. For example, is Mate used for a male friend and Lassie used for the ladies?

Hey Mark. I will tell you a secret.

I frequently feel that Christ waits for me.

And in view of the fact that you have not reacted with crazed hysteria to my posting, I am willing to examine your essay and then discuss the matter of Christs Lordship with you.

Allow me time to read it.

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

Tom. I am British myself, from the midlands, but reside in Oz.

I suppose that I dream about a big internet ex cult board where all former ex culties can share experiences and fight against the evils of cult abuse as a united force. If only they could tolerate each others differences.

That's not such an impossible task, so long as the ground rules were clear,

agreed-upon, and enforced.

(For example, a "no profanity" rule posted, which, if violated, would result in an

account suspension, and banning for repeat offenses. That's just one example.)

Otherwise, posters might think "anything goes" and dive for a jugular.

===========================

In other news,

somewhere online I saw a one-panel cartoon.

Frodo, from about midway thru "Fellowship of the Ring",

in the House of Elrond Half-Elven, in Rivendell.

Frodo's just beginning to wake up from his ordeal and poisoning.

Elrond's standing a few feet away, dressed as Elrond,

with dark sunglasses added.

"Mr BAGGINS! So good of you to JOIN us...."

Hmmm... not so sure about the "longest legs" bit - I wish I did have them, though! icon_razz.gif:P-->

Re usage of "mate" - generally used for males, but can also be applied to females. Generally used in the same way Yanks (what Aussies call all Americans) say "buddie" or "pal".

What you call Cookies, we call biscuits.

What you call biscuits, we call scones.

What you call coolers, we call eskies.

What you call soda, we call soft drink.

What you call lemonade, we call lemon squash.

What you call Sprite or 7Up, we call lemonade.

I thought it interesting, after leaving the twi back in '87, encountering quite a number of former Worldwide Church of God members (formerly headed by Herbert Armstrong) during a phase when I was requesting literature from different groups.

Apparently that group had also undergone a splintering.

Perhaps some ex-members from that group will drop in here as well.

Danny

Invisible Dan.

I can tell you an interesting Fact about Herbert W Armstrong, it is that he preached "British Israel" and this doctrine is in his publications.

"British Israel" is that the white races are the lost 10 tribes of Israel.

America is the tribe of Manasseh as I recall and Britain is Ephraim.

Id have to reference to be certain which tribe is which.

I havent read "United States and Britain in Prophecy" Dan.

I sourced Armstrongs "Mystery of the Ages" to make the claim that I just made.

Of course,British Israel doctrine is very socially incorrect these days, it is associated with Jew hate because it leaves open the question....if the White man is Israel, then what are the Jews?

Whether Jews are the "two tribes", Decendants of Esau (edomites) or the Spawn of Satan thru Satans having carnal relations with Eve depends on which group of RACISTS you are listening to.