GreaseSpot Cafe

ignore things= "believing"

smurfette

Yeah, belief of what we owed this man and this ministry equaled what we owed God....yuckie

Ignore every bit of evidence of wrong doing = believing

Belief, that if we left tmttugw (theministrythattaughtusgod`sword) that we would die spiritually to be followed by eventual physical death.

I was taught that as early as 1980.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldiesman:

"TWI didn't teach us to ignore the medical community ... Heck there were medical doctors in TWI ... twi taught that when we are sick, we go to God first, but if that doesn't work, we seek medical attention."

I agree, that is what I saw and heard.

"Those going in the Corps and WOW couldn't be in debt."

This was an absolute mandate. I do recall examples however where people going into WOW-WC who had businesses would give their business over to someone else while they went through the program. With the assumption that they would later return to take possession of the business once again.

There were 2 girls in Modesto who ran a trucking business, they took turns going through the WOW program, then going through the WC.

"If they sold the house, I can see them thinking they should give 10%"

I agree.

"I knew of many folks who had family members who weren't in twi, and they were never taught to refuse to have any communication with earthy family."

Same here. I am an example of such. My parents and syblings were never 'in', and I have never been told to stop communication with them.

"TWI did teach not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. But ... it was up to the individual participant how they wanted to apply that in their situation."

I saw this 'yoking' most often used when talking about marriage.

quote:
... the "proper" believing ACTION was to quit college or quit your good job ... to build their "empire"

"This was the individual's choice."

I agree that it was the individual's choice, however I did witness 'boneheads' making long arguments and confrontations over it. I was confronted numerous times, on this very issue.

I resisted those confrontations and was never shown any thing to imply that it was official policy from HQ, it was purely the 'boneheads' P.I.

quote:
OR...the "proper" believing ACTION was to leave your spouse because they didn't live up to the "standards" that twi had set.

"I distinctly remember being taught in twi-1 that you should stay with your unbelieving spouse if they want to remain with you."

Yep, Chapter and verse Straight from the Bible, straight from PFAL.

quote:
OR...the "proper" believing ACTION was to mark and avoid people on "spiritual suspicion"...

"Here is the only point I totally agree with you on. Craig & co. was off the wall with this mentality."

Nuttier then a fruit-cake.

:-)

But to say the world is better without him I may have gone a little too far.. I know some of vic's kids. They are wonderful folks.

Kind of like my kids. Athletic, nimble, smart- people that look at me wonder where they get it all from, heh heh.

Hammeroni:

"... Why is your experience so vastly different than that of the vast majority here?"

LOL

Listen to yourself, dude.

This phrase is far more often used when talking to 'me'.

Now it is being used at 'Oldie', kewl.

"Your planet "way" was a place of good, lightness, and joy- others, it was a nightmare they couldn't wake up from until they left, or were booted out. Mine was somewhere in between the two."

Only in the context of what was seen and heard within our Twig. I well know that 'up' at the branch level, or limb level, or HQ, that things went goofy. Like I have said many times already. As you left the company of Joe Beleivers, and surrounded yourself with more WC, everything got ugly and you got yelling at, and more was demanded of you.

We commonly saw it as our duty to protect and nurture those within our Twigs. To bring them up to be strong and able to withstand the wiles of the 'higher' levels of the ministry.

"As far a VP and Loy are concerned- I did not personally know either of them"

Same here. My exposure was far too limited to really say.

"... but learning what they did to my sisters"

Terrible what they did, terrible.

rascal:

"Because it is bad form to name names. Specifics will give away identities of those involved and perhaps the person in question would not want this revealed here.

This story is not mine to tell."

I have heard this said.

Though I can not speak but to that which I have seen and heard.

I dont cover names [unless I simply dont recall what someone's name is], I dont care if it is bad form.

This has been discussed previously.

If someone kicks me in the teeth, then I have the right to tell the world about it. And if 20 years later what they did is still preserved for all to see, then wonderful.

I will live with what I have done, and those whose deaths I have been responsible for, and everyone else can do likewise.

Sometimes the price we pay, is having to look in a mirror afterwards.

:-)

quote:
I can see your point, but I see Rascal's too. Why is your experience so vastly different than that of the vast majority here?

Mr. Hammeroni, I think the vast majority of folks in twi-1 experienced the same good things I did. Bearing witness to those things are another matter. First you have folks who, under any circumstances, do not want to give TWI any benefit of any doubt, they hate the outfit so much. Then there's the many thousands of folks who never post, who we never hear from, who do not have any comment. I know lots of folks like that, who had the same experiences as me, who never post.

Just ask yourself why folks stayed for so long. Some 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years. Folks don't stay that long in a group when there's some good things happening there.

I do wish more folks like me would come forward, but then again, they'd be subject to ridicule and criticism from those who hate twi and who wants that.

23_20_97.gif

Yep.. we sure are a bunch of analytical nuts, aren't we, heh heh. What a wide variety of people, different experiences.

From what I have read from your posts Galen, your experiences were not that vastly different-just told them when to "shove it" when you had to- or knew better. Personally, a lot of times I did not know any better than to go ahead and do what I was told.

I saw folks labelled as possessed for not carrying out dumb instructions to the letter. I imagine they tried hanging that label on you too at times, whether you knew it or not. You must have been "full of spurts" when you refused to toss out stuff written by "copouts".

But in *protecting and nurturing* them Galen.....did we REALLY do them any favors?

I know that was why we did it...what we were taught to do.....

but THINK about it.... when you/we did this, we lent legitimacy...an illusion of spritual honesty and integrety to an organisation that was not theirs.

People committed themselves further becuase of what they saw in US not hq not vp not lcm.....

When you/we left these folks ... they were in effect, *set up* for the dishonest and cruel treatment from the REST of twi hierarchy....folks ACCEPTED the abuse believing somehow that they had failed and brought this upon themselves.

I saw it...I participated in wonderfull twigs as well....that is why I think that I was in denial about the true state of affairs in twi.

I am not sure that it was such a *good* thing to nurture and protect folks....raise them so to speak to be vulnerable to evil leaders, fodder for the belly of the monster.

Galen, folks bought our honesty and integrety, they saw OUR life...OUR walk...they assumed that the rest of twi was as earnest in their pure hearts and commiment to God.

I don`t know if we did anybody any favors.

It doesn`t matter if there WAS some good for some folks oldies...what they did on a consistant basis to far to many of our brothers and sisters brands twi as an organisation EVIL!

No doubt there are many folks who were insulated from the evil (I was for a time) ...and WOULD attest to the *good* times....(I would have too had I only the experience of my first twig to go by) however that doesn`t make twi a healthy or Godly place.

oldiesman:

"Mr. Hammeroni, I think the vast majority of folks in twi-1 experienced the same good things I did."

I agree.

"First you have folks who, under any circumstances, do not want to give TWI any benefit of any doubt, they hate the outfit so much."

Lots of those here.

"Then there's the many thousands of folks who never post, who we never hear from, who do not have any comment. I know lots of folks like that, who had the same experiences as me, who never post."

Most of those who we still keep in contact with, are like this.

Some have visited GS, but they dont like how negative everything is.

Generally they enjoyed TWI for a while and it helped them, then they traveled on. For some, leaving did get ugly, but they dont want to live in that ugliness, so they dont post here.

"Just ask yourself why folks stayed for so long. Some 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years. Folks don't stay that long in a group [unless] there's some good things happening there."

I agree and in many twigs there were good things happening.

"I do wish more folks like me would come forward, but then again, they'd be subject to ridicule and criticism from those who hate twi and who wants that."

Not many.

Well.. some people keep the same workhorse twenty years or so..

That's what I was, a horse. The saddle wasn't too heavy, made me look pretty distinctive.. and I could perform, at least somewhat. Plus I got to look like all the other horses..

Slowly they started tightening the damn thing- and I didn't have a clue of what was really going on. Then came the bit and other restraints. "Smart" people can be really DUMB. Call me stupid- no argument from me, at least..

Ignore things=believing is a good topic. I was trained not to confess negatives. Sure, the "sacred writings" said we were supposed to confess the positives of the word, but in a practical sense, it was extended to not talking or thinking "evil" of someone who did not deserve our trust. Somehow, if we ignored the problems and said the magic words, all would be fine and dandy.

I have consequences from some of this stuff I am not willing to share, just don't have the stomach to go back over it again. Probably never "get over it"- and my experiences were not the worst, just AVERAGE.

Won't get that stinking saddle on me again.

quote:
Because it is bad form to name names. Specifics will give away identities of those involved and perhaps the person in question would not want this revealed here. ...

Gee, yeah, I wonder why. Those who engage in gossip and murmuring really don't want themselves to be known, lest they be revealed as gossippers and murmurers.

36_20_1.gif

"Anybody that stayed around the thing for twenty some years must have seen some good"...

The key point, I think, is SOME. You train a dumb animal by giving him SOME good. One key is keep him hungry enough to give you his undivided attention. Boy, did it work..

Why I hung around that dang-hole for twenty some years trying to get a few crumbs eludes me.

Like I said, I don't claim to be smart. But that's OK- most other people aren't either.

Didn't wake up one morning and say, "gee. I'd sure like to waste over twenty years of my adult life in a *** **** stinking cult".

Crumbs, crumbs.. "crummy" might be more accurate.. what did I hang around for? Old Loys crumbs- "new light"- good grief. He even took credit for solving "the riddle of the spinx". How "magnanimous" of him. Cripe, I read that stuff in Witness of the Stars years before he unearthed this "treasure".

Weakly rehashing of old worn out smelling to the highest of heavens of materials. Shoulda been buried long ago.

I hung around to hear old doc teach "four crucified" for the fiftieth and sixtieth time.

I hung around to listen to a "leader" who's claim to fame was being able to eat three times a day, and avoid mixing his bread and vegetables- would offer pearls of wisdom from "the word" - "I brush my teeth so that the bacteria cannot attack them" with a stupid smile on his face.. and I am NOT making this up. This was the limb guy.. now may be in charge of a whole region. He did one thing for me though, I started asking myself a few serious questions.

Like, "who in their right mind would trust their life to this guy?"

"Cancer is a devil spirit". Worked that one over enough already. And yes, I saw sick people get AVOIDED.

"Debt is SIN". whoo boy.

"Gotta give us 15+ percent" Arrrgh.

Requirement to show up regularly to Sunday night services.

"We scream and abuse the HELL out of you because we really care"- gads, the bastards should have screamed at themselves.

And this did not originate with Loy. Ole doc got on this "tough love accountability" thing.

"Just renew (make to blindly obey regardless of all logic, common sense, and besides what the word says to begin with anyway) your mind". "Trust me, that'll fix EVERYTHING". Not spoken, but absolutely IMPLIED.

Three hour "loving" reproof sessions because we had given to the point that we had nothing left to give. And the bastards wanted more..

Arcane protocol that was only known about in the days of Methuselah.

Arm not healing fast enough as they think it should? YOU ARE NOT BELIEVING. Forget, or IGNORE what the real doctor in the situation is saying. Doc says don't move it for six weeks? Well, we know better.. besides, we have a house we need you to clean for us.

All this is the tip of the iceberg. Some stuff I'll probably never talk about.

If somebody missed this stuff, their head must be firmly planted.. in the sand. I'll be kind.

Or it was a real miracle.

If you think this is just gossip- I just don't know what more to say.

Yep- makes me feel REALLY dumb. What was I thinking? I can tell you. "Things got to be getting better- it was good, once, I remember what it was like". I could put up with it, I was the "positive" believer. They had the damn saddle GLUED on me.

I honestly could not make myself think people could be that cold, that evil. Thought "believing" would fix it.. make it all go away.

My God, I would've been better off watching Three Stooges reruns eighteen hours a day.

I'm not screaming though- I'm laughing my foot off. Just one of those "funny" days..

I remember meetings.. it's almost like it was all a bad dream, heh heh. Loy would scream at us on the tape, and the "leader" would take up and scream for an hour and a half more just because we "made" poor old Loy HAVE to scream.. I wonder if anybody else remembers anything like this, heh heh.

First couple of months I was in the 6 corps, my wisdom teeth had to be removed. They got infected.

I don't remember whether I was asked to believe to get healed or ministed to. Probably. But the problem/pain persisted.

Did Craig say to ignore the problem? No. He sent me to the dentist. I don't remember who paid for the medication and extractions, but the point is, twi didn't ignore the medical community, as has been alleged TWI does. Doubt if they ever did.

quote:
Arm not healing fast enough as they think it should? YOU ARE NOT BELIEVING. Forget, or IGNORE what the real doctor in the situation is saying. Doc says don't move it for six weeks? Well, we know better.. besides, we have a house we need you to clean for us.

This happened.

And it was from: corps. The best, the greatest, the most highly qualified.. AFTER Loy apparently "weeded out" the "bad cookies".

Believing fixes anything I guess.

The bone in question was one of such a nature that the doc said, if you continue to use it, it may NEVER heal.

Guess who's house did not get cleaned and slaved over? And they were FURIOUS.

Perhaps good, but we found them to be the exception.

The previous limb guy at least acted nice, but my impresstion would stab you in the back if given half a chance. The one before did his level best to get anything female in bed besides his wife. The one before laughed about people giving so much money.. The one before.. and before.. and before.. but it eventually went back to Ralph D., and he was indeed a saint.

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

Protected from who or what?

This is intriguing.

I'd love to hear from your source of gossip. Perhaps if they're not too cowardly, they can email me at oldiesmanpics@aol.com?

Oh Brave soul, come forth and reveal yourself!

36_12_6.gif

Perhaps if you arent too cowardly then you will reveal yourself ? You wouldn't ask someone to do something that you yourself aren't also prepared to do now would you OM ?

Diazbro, are you kidding or what?

Most folks already know me, my name is Phil Polizotto.

I was ppolizotto on waydale.com. I am oldiesman here.

that's P-H-I-L P-O-L-I-Z-O-T-T-O

pjp

a.k.a Philip J. Polizotto

ok, now its the BRAVE ONE'S TURN...

come on, email me and tell me all about your information that's so relevant to this thread.

36_11_16.gif