GreaseSpot Cafe

ignore things= "believing"

smurfette

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember after just a few weeks into "the ministry"..that a personal friend from new Knoxville area (about 60 years of age) had remarked to me about "Wierwille's WHorehouses" referring to the ladies affliliated with the Way who lived in New Knoxville.....& how me & the wife just so steadfastly refused to believe any such "rumors" & this man was very very reputable in the community & dear friends of mmy parents (in an obvious position to attempt to help us re-think our associating with such a group)..this was l977 & how QUICLY wife & I chose NOT to believe such a thing...Dr. W's "reverence" was already deeply imbedded in our minds once we took PFAL...brainwashing...meeeebeeee...JJ ;^)

Second James, funny, isn't it, how we would take that man's word (and the word of his minions) over anyone else, even family members we had always respected and trusted?

I wonder sometimes where my brain was. I think it's someplace dark and smelly.

Agreed Belle and James....I had life long friends that tried to warn me....had personal knowledge of wrong doing. Up untill then, I had trusted these people implicitly for decades and I yet wouldn`t listen after only three months of association with twi....wierd

I brought people in my best friends.. take the class I said.

many did.. some when I got marked turned on me like I was the sinner from hell. And I loved them and I never lied to them and we were friends for many years.. Twi was more important. Not what the bible said not loving one another.. just the group.. after just a few months.

it hurt like hell...

years later we still talk and twi is still more important, than even their own family now.. these are folks I went to school with and grew up in the same town.. i do not get it I never asked them to LEAVE twi , to be my friend.. yet they have the condition of I must be in TWI to be their friend.

They think they are better, more enlightened. God is with them more. I guess God just ignores HIS children when they need him most I say...

to me it seems they compete with Jesus Christ for the throne , I said FOR the throne. Well they lost He has the throne and the games are over He alone is KING of kings, and for the pain they bring other christians who love them I think some education is in order.

Craig could never get around the fact that guys like Lynn and Geer spoke in tongues, and so must be saved. I remember him teaching (at an AC special, I think) that such men were "functioning as seed of the serpent." So off the Word that they might as well have been the Devil's kids. Yeah, right.

As far as the bema not being all sweetness and light (the way VP taught), though, I think Craig probably had it right. The Bible does say that we will all have to give account for ourselves. I never heard Craig call it "the most part of eternity getting a real foot whippin.'" He did frequently refer to it as a "trip to the principal's office." Of course, once the "stubble and hay" are burnt off, you've got blessings for eternity.

George

quote:
the most part of eternity getting a real foot whippin.

Maybe not in those exact words. But pretty close.

"Imagine ALL ETERNITY and you're gonna be cleaning the crapper instead of doing something fun- unless you do what I tell you" was a lot closer to what he said- just can't remember the exact words.

Sure got me to ignore how miserable I was. Only problem, I think it only works to a certain extent. I got to the point that I thought I'd have a better time in the hot place. He went too far- lost a little bit of the grip. After a while, any anticipated "rewards" lost their luster- just not worth the misery I was paying to earn them..

It sounds like we should be afraid of God, afraid of being a followers of Christ, that to me is worse than the "work" some claim we must do to have God love ya. To be accepted into the kingdom. it is worse than rituals and performance christians if ya ask me.

think about it it is really fear tactics. Yet along with being afraid very afraid of God , your suppose to BELIeVE he must love ya enough to meet all of your needs. out of fear if ya dont?

that does not make sense to me at all. no wonder so many lived in fear to say anything about what was wrong.