GreaseSpot Cafe

It's a perfect snowy day

Linda Z

My son's adding a few Christmas decorations and watching the Browns, who might have a remote chance of not embarrassing themselves too badly, since the Chargers probably aren't so used to playing in a blizzard.

Meanwhile, I'm starting the annual cookie-baking extravaganza. I stopped to search online for a few new recipes and found a GREAT Web site, Allrecipes.com. The cool thing, besides the fact that it has lots and lots of recipes, is that it gives you the option of printing them in recipe card size. Here's the link:

http://allrecipes.com/directory/599.asp

Soon the fragrance of cookies will be wafting through the house. This might help my son overcome his grumpiness about how lame the Browns are. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Linda,

It's a COLD day here in Memphis but the sun's out and shining. It's only 32° but feels much colder. Supposed to go down to 16° tonight and I'll be out jogging in it in the morning before the sun comes up. I keep telling myself jogging is GOOD for my health!

There won't be any serious cooking going on in this house until midweek. And then the ovens will probably run 24/7 for a few days. I'm Looking forward to it.

sudo

dew dew dew dew...dew dew dew dew...

...picture if you will...

Big blow up inflatable snowmen and santas on the lawn, white stuff sprayed on Floritan yards, electric skeletal reindeer art, not forgetting to put on sunscreen before putting up yard lights...

...ah, the sunshine state!

This much I'll say...they decorate houses, palm trees and giant sprucey things here with real gusto...it is mostly an electric light showcase, but daytime yard deco consists of the 2-D white reindeer and sleigh cutouts.

This SW coast of Florida is heavily peopled with folks from places where the dirt is black, notably Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and the like...flocks and flocks of flocking snowbirds (Canadians) and a heavy dose of Germans visit seasonally.

It is a pretty paradise here where people are dying (literally) to be, but it is, well...a place where realtors are worse than any sharks and land developers make agitated alligators look tame...lol...everybody and their brother is (or plans to be) a mortgage broker...a tropical feeding frenzy for the moneymuckers.

...my mother-in-law is here for the holidaze and I am working Christmas Eve and Day.

Hold me. lol

icon_smile.gif:)--> A fella came in from the cold (no pun intended) the other nite to announce there was snow in the forecast...he was sooooo excited...I hesitated to point out that the weather station was talking about Vermont, NOT south Florida...lol

It could happen...lol...pass the iceskates,

Splitfoot...

My first winter back in my hometown (after living away for 15 years) and we have the biggest blizzard since 1978 (which BTW I was a WOW in MD and I thought God was so cool that KY had a worse winter than MD. Is God good or what???!!!!

Hubby on way home from FL and had to spend the nite in GA. Boohoo

Well, today's a perfectly awful snowy day. We got walloped with about a foot yesterday, followed by freezing rain this morning just in time for rush hour. Ice rinks all over the west side of town.

There are far too many accidents for the police to get to. A stretch of I-480 in both directions is closed. Many people I work with couldn't even get out of their driveways, much less navigate their streets to get out to the clearer main roads.

But here comes the good news! I had the foresight to bring work home just in case and told my staff to do the same, so those who didn't feel safe driving or couldn't get to work today are working at home in their jammies.

So maybe it is another perfect snowy day after all. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'd invite you up to our Winter Wonderland, Matilda my snowless friend, but alas, your flight would probably be cancelled!

Ah, winter in northern Ohio.