GreaseSpot Cafe

The Stupidest Man in America?

Pirate1974

It almost sounds like an episode from "The Twilight Zone."

You expect Rod Serling to be there, saying "Submitted for your approval...

Kevin Montgomery, a seemingly normal electrician living in the the small town of Melvern, Kansas. His wife, Lisa, tells him that she's pregnant and due in December. Kevin, who has other children from a previous marriage, apparently did not notice that his wife had not gained an ounce during her pregnancy.

On Thursday, December 16th, supposedly goes shopping in Topeka. Later that day, she calls Kevin to tell him that she has gone into labor and had her baby at a women's clinic.

Kevin drives to Topeka and meets her, not at a women's clinic or a hospital, but in the parking lot of a Long John Silver's restaurant. They drive back to Melvern, stopping off at a diner to have some bacon and eggs, while this hours-old infant lies in a car seat on the floor.

Kevin seems oblivious to all these odd circumstances, including the fact that the baby looks nothing like him or his wife, until there's a knock at the door. It's the FBI, bearing the news that the baby girl may not be his wife's at all, but may belong to a Bobbie Joe Stinnett of Skidmore, Missouri. Bobbie Joe, who was eight months pregnant, had been strangled and her baby cut out of her womb.

Lisa Montgomery soon confesses to murdering Bobbie Joe Stinnett and taking her baby.

Kevin Montgomery claims "I had no idea" when asked about his wife's actions, and no charges have been filed against him - yet.

"Submitted for your approval...Kevin Montgomery, the stupidest man in America or accessory to murder?"

Yeah, that's been all over the news here lately. Why does it somehow have to be a man's fault if a woman does something wacko? Lisa Montgomery and Bobbie Jo Stinnett met on the internet and attended the same dog shows. This woman is a sick diseased pig and I hope she gets the death penalty!

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDove:

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Ha Cool Now wait a minute I'm famous...

and by the way it was not Topeka it was Melvern

See, I thought of you when I posted that...but I wasn't sure you'd like me to lump you in with the other stuff. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> (I'm famous, too...and it looks like we'll be back in Topeka by the end of the year.)

Yes, I know it was Melvern...but the whacko staged the hospital and other medical "visits" in Topeka. (Did you know that the Today show was in Topeka covering this story? icon_eek.gif )

It's hard to believe that anyone can be that stupid. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I would say that perhaps he thought she bought it on the black market or stole it or something...it's hard to believe that two people could agree to such a monstous deed...it's hard enough to believe that even one person could do such a thing.