GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ways key belief

Refiner

Hello.

I confess to being totally ignorant about Way International.

Now most Churches and cults that Ive been involved with have an identifying belief that they consider marks them out as the "True" church among a sea of "false" churches.

Seventh Day Adventists believe the fact that they observe the Saturday Sabbath marks them for eternal life.

Jehovahs Witnesses believe that because they knock on doors , acting as 'witnesses' to their faith, they earn salvation in this manner.

What key, unique belief does the Way hold that sets it apart as the "truth"?

Many Thanks.

James

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling people that unless they take TWI's droning classes, give MUCHO $$$$, and put up with enraged spittle spraying from Neo-nazi leadership, ... they won't be able to live that More Than Abundant Life.

icon_razz.gif:P-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I see.

Is the term "The more than abundant life" an insider term.

Loaded language so to speak.

Likewise the term "Rightly divided truth".?

Now if the Mormons ever come into your life and ask you how reading a certain passage of their book makes you feel, simply tell them it makes you feel "peaceful", really "peaceful".

You will be immediately accepted. icon_razz.gif:P-->

Hi Refiner. How do you take your coffee?

"More than abundant life" and "more abundant life" are terms that are used by a number of groups. I don't hear many people talking about a "rightly-divided" Word, but Wierwille pulled that one straight out of Scripture, so I never really had a problem with the term.

I don't know that there's an individual "key belief," but there's certainly a key core of beliefs.

1. Jesus Christ is not God. He's a man whose existence began at birth. He was unique because he had no human father and was uniquely able to live without sinning. He's the Son of God and our savior.

2. The dead are not alive now. When someone dies, he ceases to exist until the return of Christ.

3. History is divided into "administrations" distinguished by different ways in which God deals with mankind (different rules based on what has been accomplished, the physical location of Jesus Christ, etc). Other denominations who hold to this belief call it "dispensationalism."

4. The law of believing: "believing = receiving."

5. All believers can and should speak in tongues, interpret and prophesy.

6. A pre-tribulation rapture. Christians will not have to go through any of the Great Tribulation.

Take away any one of those beliefs, and you no longer have a Way believer.

Raf. Many thanks.

Point by point:

"1. Jesus Christ is not God. He's a man whose existence began at birth. He was unique because he had no human father and was uniquely able to live without sinning."...

Hmmm. Well the church I grew up in (JWs) does not recognize the trinity. They consider Jesus secondary to Jehovah (The Father), consequently there is more focus within that church upon the Anger of the Old Testament God than upon the nature of Christ.

"2. The dead are not alive now. When someone dies, he ceases to exist until the return of Christ."

Same with the Witnesses again.

"3. History is divided into "administrations" distinguished by different ways in which God deals with mankind (different rules based on what has been accomplished, the physical location of Jesus Christ, etc). Other denominations who hold to this belief call it "dispensationalism."....

No comment at this stage.

"4. The law of believing: "believing = receiving."...

No comment at this stage.

"5. All believers can and should speak in tongues, interpret and prophesy."...

So I see them as similar to Pentecostals in that regard.

"6. A pre-tribulation rapture. Christians will not have to go through any of the Great Tribulation."...

It appears that THe Way believes in Heavenly existance for members then. The Jehovahs Witnesses are different. Once they got more than 200,000 members of the church they created two seperate classes. One (the 144,000 elite which shares Kingship with Christ in heaven, and the rest (The other 6 million members) who will reside on earth in sexless perfection thruout eternity.

Many thanks.

ExCath:

I am by no means ignoring you. Im a little overwhelmed at the moment with the degree of response Im getting and am still groping my way thru learning to post.

You seem like a nice person.

No I think it was "Grizz" asked why Im here.

Im not too sure of the answer to that.

Mainly I like to look into religious oriented chat rooms, looking for conversation and friends, but most online char forums have lousy formats and I dont even bother posting there.

This forum has a format I like, and the people seem interesting.

So I hope noone will mind if I hang around a while.

I'm signing on to that site. Looks interesting. 1245 members! On ONE message board!

I'd like to see someone go over there and try to post a "why don't you just get over it" message. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Raf

Im a bloke.

I assumed you were a female.

If your not a girl I'll stop feeling attracted.

And if youre a female and someone on the board views you as already their property, likewise.

I dont want a war with any regular poster.

Lol.

I live in Oz-traylia

Regarding Jesus Christ:

The difference between TWI and JW comes down to pre-existence. JWs teach that Christ existed before his birth as an angel (the archangel Michael, if I'm not mistaken).

TWI teaches that he did not exist at all prior to his birth, except in the foreknowledge of God.

Witnesses agree with TWI on the nature of death, but not on eschatology (the order and timing of the "end times).

I won't be shocked over there. I still consider myself Christian, but the warning on that board is pretty straightforward, so to be forewarned is to have forearms. Or four arms. Or something. I forget how the saying goes.