GreaseSpot Cafe

What was the smartest thing LCM ever said?

year2027

After the Allen lawsuit and the sealed amount of payout that TWI paid to Paul and Fern Allen which is likely in the millions there was a subsequent lawsuit brought by TWI against their insurance company which Rosie claimed paid out the settlement and that it didn't come out of pockets of TWI memebers. In that document was disclosed the amount they pay for insurance for their BOD. And that is out of the pockets of the ABS of members.

So in essence after the Allen settlement TWI's insurance company dropped them like a hot potato. And from what I could read in that document the insurance company was not going to pay out on the next lawsuit. That was the reason for TWI's lawsuit against them.

Go find the document on the web in the court systems. It's out there. But that wasn't anything the BOD ever told anyone, even the Corps.

What was the Allen suit about?

It is required for a NPOs corporation to carry board and director's insurance. The cost is about 5k per year for organizations with incomes of 100k and no history of litigation (I know because I've served on those kinds of boards). It goes up depending upon the value of the holdings and the litigation history of the organization. 20k is a well-reasoned guess.

I'm sure everyone here would be grateful if you were to produce TWI's 2008 financial records. That would undoubtedly provide a line item for that expenditure.

I like the idea of being a spy! I would never do it to The Way though. Can you give me an estimate as to how many people on this website left The Way, but still pursue God's Word and how many have no interest in the Word at all now?

It would break my coordinators heart to know I was here after discussing the fact that I found it with them. ;(

I guess I am sort of a traitorous for being here.

I'm a disobedient fool(not in every sense of the word).

Edited by TheHeckler

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the Allen suit about?

LCM acting like Tiger Woods. And the woman (among many) that he cheated with and her husband suing the Way. There were many many more, but only 2 lawsuits. He was kicked out, but unlike any other Corps couple with marriage problems like that, his wife Donna got to stay there, stay Corps, and now is the Chief Administrative Officer. Rosie covered it all up, gathered the power, and took over.

I like the idea of being a spy! I would never do it to The Way though. Can you give me an estimate as to how many people on this website left The Way, but still pursue God's Word and how many have no interest in the Word at all now?

There are many many stories there. Some people have tried doing polls of that kind of thing. Many pursue Christianity in more mainstream circles, some join other offshoots, some call themselves atheists. I don't know numbers.

It would break my coordinators heart to know I was here after discussing the fact that I found it with them. ;(

Here is the other side of the story, and that which your coordinator probably in some sense knows is there but refuses to face it.

If you think you are being a traitor, ask yourself to whom? Not to Jesus Christ. He would want us to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. You're not disobeying God, his Word. Just people. And although they mean well and are sincere and loving, they can fool you.

Anyway, sorry I was arguing with you. I didn't realize you were that young.

Here is the other side of the story, and that which your coordinator probably in some sense knows is there but refuses to face it.

If you think you are being a traitor, ask yourself to whom? Not to Jesus Christ. He would want us to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. You're not disobeying God, his Word. Just people. And although they mean well and are sincere and loving, they can fool you.

Anyway, sorry I was arguing with you. I didn't realize you were that young.

Me too. Where's the other side? Was there supposed to be a link?

I like the idea of being a spy! I would never do it to The Way though.

Actually, NPOs are required by law to provide financial records upon request. They can charge a photocopying fee, but that's it.

Can you give me an estimate as to how many people on this website left The Way, but still pursue God's Word and how many have no interest in the Word at all now?

Not really. There are a few of us who are "regulars". Most of the people I know who were involved are now involved in a church. Some are not. It's become largely a non-issue.

That's sad. Hiding my inquisitive mind from my "friends" in TWI was probably the hardest part when I was in. I don't have that issue anymore. I read what I want; discuss what I want; and believe what I want - openly.

Perhaps to TWI, but it's important to remain true to yourself and to your values.

I think it's important to make well-informed decisions. If you feel foolish for that, perhaps you should rethink it.

If you start on the main www.greasespot.com website and look at the left hand nav - the links under "Waydale Documents" have references to a lot of this.

Ok, so what if Martindale did that. I'm a nasty pervert too. I like fxcking girls. I enjoy flesh. I realize im not a spirtual badass yet, but its a growing experience.

I'll tell you one thing. I was very uncomfortable at times as a "class crew member". I felt like a slave. Doing yardwork, washing their dishes and such. What are your thoughts on that?

No offence. In this generation we use terms like fxcking and bxtch as terms of endearment, ya feel me? ;)

Edited by TheHeckler

Ok, so what if Martindale did that. I'm a nasty pervert too. I like fxcking girls. I enjoy flesh. I realize im not a spirtual badass yet, but its a growing experience.

Well it's a little different when you get married. A healthy libido is a good thing, but building a life with someone is better. Doing that kind of stuff is a real betrayal to spouse, children, etc. It messes people up.

I'll tell you one thing. I was very uncomfortable at times as a "class crew member". I felt like a slave. Doing yardwork, washing their dishes and such. What are your thoughts on that?

No offence. In this generation we use terms like fxcking and bxtch as terms of endearment, ya feel me? ;)

Oh ya, me and Moses when we were talking about "our generation" the other night we sorted all this out and then ended the convo with "ya feel me bxtches?" Geez now I feel old. I've still got a few good years left sonny.

On the class stuff - you know helping and serving is all good, but sometimes I think I started to feel like I was living to serve a system. And that system doesn't really care about people, they care about their positions and power. Now I don't have all the activity of serving I did before but I kind of look for it where I feel God lead.

The heart and soul of the TWI that I remember lives on. That's the trade-off - the permission to freely fornicate in exchange for free labor.

Well it's a little different when you get married. A healthy libido is a good thing, but building a life with someone is better. Doing that kind of stuff is a real betrayal to spouse, children, etc. It messes people up.

Good point, I feel victimized in that regard. not that my old man cheated, but it sucks when your parents don't love each other anymore.

Oh ya, me and Moses when we were talking about "our generation" the other night we sorted all this out and then ended the convo with "ya feel me bxtches?" Geez now I feel old. I've still got a few good years left sonny.

Haha, Moses must be my age or younger? If so I'm shocked and want to meet him. Well i want to meet him either way. I think it's cool that you don't get upset but instead relate and understand to me. However, i won;t speak like that often, only for weird emphasis on youth. Most of the time I feel I'm best understood when I try speaking properly.

On the class stuff - you know helping and serving is all good, but sometimes I think I started to feel like I was living to serve a system. And that system doesn't really care about people, they care about their positions and power. Now I don't have all the activity of serving I did before but I kind of look for it where I feel God lead.

I totally agree! I do love serving. maybe it's when I'm told to do it that I don't enjoy it anymore. Maybe I just like doing it out of my own hearts desire. Well said Chockfull.

Sorry to everyone. I forgot you were people for a little bit. I definitely don't need that elitism (I think it is.) in my life. I'll tone it down to a healthy confidence and work on controlling myself better.

Edited by TheHeckler

......................(snipped)..............

Sorry to everyone. I forgot you were people for a little bit. I definitely don't need that elitism (I think it is.) in my life. I'll tone it down to a healthy confidence and work on controlling myself better.

Thankyou :)

Good point, I feel victimized in that regard. not that my old man cheated, but it sucks when your parents don't love each other anymore.

Haha, Moses must be my age or younger? If so I'm shocked and want to meet him. Well i want to meet him either way. I think it's cool that you don't get upset but instead relate and understand to me. However, i won;t speak like that often, only for weird emphasis on youth. Most of the time I feel I'm best understood when I try speaking properly.

I totally agree! I do love serving. maybe it's when I'm told to do it that I don't enjoy it anymore. Maybe I just like doing it out of my own hearts desire. Well said Chockfull.

Nice. Thanks! cool.gif

I spent so many years so-called "serving" God by running classes, fellowships, meetings, on and on the hamster wheel goes. I think God is more pleased with me spending time with my kids, with loving my wife, with really helping my friends.

He doesn't need someone bringing him coffee. So much of all that is a self-perpetuating system that builds elitism. I don't miss it.

The heart and soul of the TWI that I remember lives on. That's the trade-off - the permission to freely fornicate in exchange for free labor.

lol What do you mean? As crew member I was supposed to get some for my service?

I spent so many years so-called "serving" God by running classes, fellowships, meetings, on and on the hamster wheel goes. I think God is more pleased with me spending time with my kids, with loving my wife, with really helping my friends.

He doesn't need someone bringing him coffee. So much of all that is a self-perpetuating system that builds elitism. I don't miss it.

Where will i find friends as real as those in fellowship though? They would give me the shirt off their back if I needed it. Do you miss friends like that? I assume you must have them in other ways now.

Did you read "Rise and Expansion" MD's work. Would? Could it still be profitable? Do you think MD was half workman of the Word half idiot? Or?

That's an interesting topic. I took the class (Rise and Ex) that Craig taught, but there's another poster on this site named David Anderson (who did a lot of the video stuff for twi back when docvic was alive), that has a whole different take on the book of Acts. You can get his book:

The Two Ways Of the First Century Church - - - - > > > HERE! for free. It's an eye opener for sure. beer.gif

That's an interesting topic. I took the class (Rise and Ex) that Craig taught, but there's another poster on this site named David Anderson (who did a lot of the video stuff for twi back when docvic was alive), that has a whole different take on the book of Acts. You can get his book:

The Two Ways Of the First Century Church - - - - > > > HERE! for free. It's an eye opener for sure. beer.gif

Wow cool, checking it out now.

So I take it there must be much differentiation between it and MD's Rise and Ex. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done it, right>

Edited by TheHeckler

Wow cool, checking it out now.

So I take it there must be much differentiation between it and MD's Rise and Ex. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done it, right>

Heckler - - - you can do like i did, and print it out in it's entirety. I tried to get the "hard copy" from David Anderson, and he sent me back an emai wondering why I wanted to buy the book from him, when i could look it over on the internet for free?? Ah well. I went and printed the whole thing off and was then able to read it in book fashion. Seriously - - - he offers some real food for thought. Have fun with it, eh? wave.gif