GreaseSpot Cafe

What would Paul do?

Jim

In a nut shell, as many have heard this before...adnausium.....and lest others claim I am waving the victim banner in a bid for attention yet again ...sigh.

I was told by my lc and bc that God required this of me because I had made a commitment to go into the corpes.

I was told that if I broke this commitment because of a pregnancy, that I would be breaking a vow to God.

I was told that I would then be a dissapointment to God and be outside of his will and ability to protect me.

I had also been taught that obediance to leadership was a requirement of one who wanted to serve God.....and so...I followed leaderships *recomendation* and aborted the child believing that God required this of a faithfull dulous....to do anything less, I understood was to turn my back on God.

Rascal

I get it I get what your saying!

the part where you think maybe we can pay a atonemnt for sin whe we are ignorant!!!

Maybe in a sense this is about serving Jesus as LORD, ya know?

WE have to recognize we were yet sinners when He died without sin.!!!

for our sin.

Rascal

that was profound... and it the common ground isnt it?

I feel so much more confortable around those who can say I made a mistake or I just do not know . Yet I also struggle with my darkest shame in life in ignorance of God mighty .

Cool

Well, it's going to have to wait some more time...because my week is full of appointments and meetings with doctors.

Is this what I get for not being "of Paul"?

------------------------------------------------

Yes, obviously you are a follower of Luke the Physician's Patron Saint. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by Whitedove

I find it VERY amusing that some would try to predict what ANYONE would do in a given situation. Why not say "What would Mr. Hammeroni do?" Love his posts, read them when I see them. Can I "predict" his next thought based on them? HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt it. Won't even try. I try to make it a point to know what I don't know.

I have over 1000 posts on this site. In quantity of words, I may have more here than Amos. (OT author) Paul still has me beat though. Can you tell me my views about sports, finance, abortion or anything else based on my posts? If you REALLY believe you can, you shouldn't mind betting your paycheck.

Any takers? :-)

JT

That is true enough yet this is a discussion and I assume Paul mannerism by his writings and his ideals in the situation I have read about.

ever read a book and feel ya know the characters involved in the story ? That is what the printed page is all about expressing an ideal or character with words.

to say well that was a nice story but I really do not understand how they felt or made choices would be quite boring and of little use would it not?

Same with movies ever get so caught up in a show you can relate to the Actor and the story line that you feel pity or happiness or genuine compassion for the actor playing a part?

mj,

Completely understand and agree. What you are saying is very reasonable to me.

However, some actually try to make decisions in their daily life at a level of detail that is, to me, an extreme and kind of scary. Your approach certainly can answer general questions about life. However, so much of daily life requires a lot more than that. The danger is, instead of defaulting to whatever The Way Irrational tells them, they pick their fantasy version of Paul, Jesus, etc. That is nothing more than another way to hide behind something and avoid responsibility.

JT

Those same types often seem to think they are excluded from the same rules and regulations they try to give others.

You know once I was working in a place that sold lotto and lottery tickets completely legal stuff Yet it bothered me to watch people gamble many times several times a day for mucho money .

My business? no

Can I change their idea of what may work in life or not? no

but it bothered me enough to decide for my life I do not want to sell it anymore..

same with alcohol... I do not think alcohol should be illegal but I do not want to be in the loop of those trapped in abuse from it either.

I would not think it s wrong for another to do so just me for my my own life.

I think you're right about applying rules to others. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone with WWJD stickers, shirts, necklace, etc. trying to boss others around.

It is tough to put my finger on but something about the whole idea just bothers me. I guess it seems like a license to put words into someone else's mouth. In this case, Jesus. Seems like he did ok speaking up for himself. ;-)

your right just thinking.

with so many culture changes and lifestyle progress it would only be a guess at best. It is dangerous and very subjective to have people think what another may think or do.

Yet for me I see vey diferent people and situations in the bible it helps me find my choice. UNlike some I dare not ever speak for the Saviour of mankind and His work is clearly done so Im not filling a vacancy now either.

that is when it gets dangerous some in twi honestly thought they were a more and improved Paul or some other character from the book and warped themself into a pure fantasy .

quote:
that is when it gets dangerous some in twi honestly thought they were a more and improved Paul or some other character from the book and warped themself into a pure fantasy

Exactly. Well said. Gee, it sounds like we may have met the same "new and improved Paul(s)".

icon_wink.gif;)-->

I think it's safer to stick with WDJS or WDPS. (What did Jesus/Paul Say)

JT

Caution: Blasphemy (to some) Coming:

(Cue ominous music)

In some situations, I think what would my parents do. I have even thought of comments from people here at GS in certain situations because they actually dealt specifically with the item at hand! (Exie, Catcup, WhiteDove, Raf, for example)

As Jesus was likely never a woman (duh!), his life didn't cover EVERY freakin' thing there is. What would Jesus do with a teenage daughter? Uhh... Bible's kind of short on detail.

Now when it came time to buy a Honda...

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Not to get moody or anything

BUT

The church of the body of Christ was built AFTER the ASCENSION (on the day of Pentecost) so what he said in the gospels was said to the jews and gentiles ONLY!!!!!!!

Jesus told his followers the holy spirit would come but it was still a mystery to them what that would mean. The secret was hid with GOD ONLY Jesus did not know about it until God told Him and then Jesus Christ told Paul when he gave him his ministry!!!!!!

Paul was given the revelation about the GRACE of the secret which NOW includes Jews Gentiles and the Church of the body of Christ.

His (Pauls)words now apply to how we are to live etc. We live in a grace period , right now not under the law etc...

I do not get rabid about interperating what Paul said or didnt or what Jesus said or didnt we have a holy spirt which will guide and teach us each and every day .