GreaseSpot Cafe

Phrases to manipulate us with

houseisarockin

quote:
Originally posted by houseisarockin:

They taught us it was our "privilege" to serve them. While in the real world they would have paid us a decent wage and generally asked for reasonable hours.

House while I agree that people were and still are misused by these kind of things.

Still the fact is most "church" work is done on a volunteer basis. I don't think Peter and John billed Jesus by the hour. I do think that it is a privilege to be of service to people be it here or in my business.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhiteDove, While I agree completely regarding a person's service towards God and think I understand in respect to a business rather than a church, I still hold to the point they taught us their version of "privilege". As if we'd not have this chance/opportunity every again anywhere else. Taking it away from serving God whom they supposedly worked for and directly to serving them. In that way it no longer resembled our giving to God and His church but to their ego and fleshly ways.

"Priviledge" is a pretty interesting concept. As my little brain can understand it, what are they REALLY saying?

"This organization, being the best thing to happen to the world since the introduction of soap, is worth sacrificing more than one seventh of your time, more than fifteen percent of your income, just to have the "opportunity" to kiss our rear ends even more in a bigger way, even though we have little to offer other that rehashed B.S., but you will suffer great consequences if you do not."

I beg to differ.

House

I think we are in agreement .

My point was that I consider things I do service to God. Sometimes people abuse the system take money when they don't really need it and so on... My service is between me and God if they abuse it then that is between them and God. My concern is that too many have no heart to serve because someones misuse has left a bad taste in their mouth so to speak. That is a loss for all mankind.

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDove:

House

I think we are in agreement .

My point was that I consider things I do service to God. Sometimes people abuse the system take money when they don't really need it and so on... My service is between me and God if they abuse it then that is between them and God. My concern is that too many have no heart to serve because someones misuse has left a bad taste in their mouth so to speak. That is a loss for all mankind.

WhiteDove, I think we do agree.

While I'm not sure I agree with the Swiss bank accounts theory I do know they abused our ABS. Even if Uncle Howard said they could account for every penny of it. So I gave it over to God, and asked he honor my giving regardless of their usage of it (don't ask why I didn't just walk away okay).

My service is to God, agreed. And I've been some lost in that since leaving twi. But I'm closer to the source now than I was then, so I figure he'll be able to work better with me now than He could before. And He knows my heart in this area.

As far as "bad taste in mouth". Well I have a few things that make me crazy. And one is being a victim as convenience for a multitude of things. I have to believe as long as there are people around that need it there will be enough to serve for God's purposes. Or call me a daydreamer one WhiteDove.

Sorry I derailed myself somewhat.

Here's another one from the Vey dictionary.

"Rewards."

The God-given divine right to humiliate, abuse or make utterly miserable the supposed non-standing part of the "family" of God at the gathering together, and even at this present time, if you are counted among the "most faithful".

Yep.. that's it. forgot it was published. I think this was one of Martinpukes failings. He did not really have the capacity to manipulate in a subtle manner- after a while, all he could do is scream. He replaced "tithing brings wings to life" with "if you do not give me a minimum of fifteen percent, God will not even spit in your direction."

True. Since I did not know him personally, I could not make that judgement either. But I do know where the underlings took things. These little phrases were used to manipulate in a big way.

No wings in life? God not spitting enough in your direction? You must not be "improving' on the tithe enough. Now it's not ten percent as a minimum, but fifteen, even twenty. Forget any logic; your problem can't be because you have not improved yourself enough to be employable.

Say what anyone else will, one of the best things I ever heard Vic say was at a meeting with the WOW's right after finishing the year. "A lot of you guys should really consider learning a trade."

I remember that he went on even more specifically that it would involve going to school.

No plug for the corpse, or more commitment, just good advice. They should have taken that little statement and put it in a book.

"Your life is not your own"

"You were bought with a price"

"You owe your life to the ministry that taught you the word"

"You should support the ministry that taught you the word"

These were used to enslave TWIts and to guilt them into doing whatever they wanted them to do.

"If you're not growing you stagnate and your salt loses it's flavor"

Used to force people to sign up for the next class, WD, WC, etc.

quote:
TheSongRemainsTheSame

quote:

What type of phrases did twi use on us?

it's the word the word the WORD and nothing but the word~~~

has enny one ever mentioned this gem of toothpick?

excathedra

god i hate that phrase, song

Right on. It's like a sandspur between each my vertebra.

makes one wonder such a hiss up one's spine that others hold to TWIster Sssisssterss as if there is no thing such as dangerous cult offhisssspringhisss's

just a thot