GreaseSpot Cafe

SEX

vickles

Gottcha!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You had to take a peek didn't you? anim-smile.gifanim-smile-blue.gif

In the 70's sex was something that was thought of but not really expressed too much (at least on twig levels).

In the 80's it was go outside of twi and get your needs met except if it was a Man O God.

Why do you think it was different for the lower echelon than for the higher? Why not have sex ok for all?

I think I've shared this on gs before but will share it again.

About 1985 give or take a little I was living in a Way Home with the BC. It was the BC who was male and another guy and a girl and me. I shared a room with the other girl.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the girl. She seemed a mess. When I would go upstairs to where the bedrooms were she was always rushing out of the BC's bedroom or I would find her in his room with the lights out, the door open and her giving him a message.

One night I decided that she was a very emotional wreck and that I would try and find out what was wrong with her. I took her out for a drink and looked at her and said what the H is going on?

She told me that this BC had told her that he was a man of God and that he had sexual needs and she was there to meet those needs so that he could meet the needs of the people. She naively believed him and it had been going on for a good year or so. It was tearing her up inside.

I told her that it was wrong and not in the Bible anywhere that we were to do that for him. We called the LC, he wasn't there but his wife was. She sent this girl to live with them and I never saw her again.

They had another girl move in and he did the same thing to her but she was more seasoned in those ways and more secretive. It didn't bother her in the least.

This BC's fiance was in residence and she came for a visit and told me it was ok with her.

The next year, this BC became a LC of a different state.

But then there were other experiences with believers that didn't do this man o God thing that they were told that it was wrong to have sex with their sisters in Christ and to go outside of twi.

Whats wrong with this picture??

It is terrible, if fact criminal when people use there "position of authority" to con someone to have sex with them.

There is no excuse to abuse someone phyically, mentally or sexually. It sounds like that bc abused this poor girl both mentally and sexually.

I was never privy to a situation like Vickles describes, but I had a way home coordinator (non corps) who picked up a girl and ended up sleeping with her at Motel 6 and then bragged to us about it. He got ratted out by one of the other guys in the way home. Less than a week later the guy who ratted him out was the coordinator of the way home.

I heard bits and pieces of stuff like this and came to the conclusion that TWI was conformed to this world re: sex and that I was on my own. VP's "sharing" in the CFS class where he says he doesn't want to say "damn it, don't do it" but he wants everybody to police themselves like good believers sounds plausible, but he sure didn't take his own advice, or it backfired on him, or something.

quote:
but he sure didn't take his own advice, or it backfired on him, or something.

Or something.......He didn't take his own advice and he didn't even believe it. He only said what he said because "not everyone was spiritually mature enough" to handle the truth. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I, too heard of people getting in trouble for sleeping around before marriage and you certainly weren't allowed to live together. But funny how there were different standards for the "inner circle"....er....spiritually mature.

I was "in" for about three years when I came to know what the Way really believed about sex outside marriage.

Although I was not married at the time, I found out that the branch coordinator, who was married, was having regular sex with a college student friend of mine. Also, when the area coordinator (married) came to town to run the Christian Family and Sex class, most people were aware that they were spending the night together during the class.

Around this time and after CFS, I was having sex with my girlfriend and finally we decided that our hiding it was ridiculous and we moved in together.

As a result, the branch coordinator and then his assistant wanted to come in our home to inspect our living arrangement. They knocked on the door (at different times) and told me what they wanted to do. I politely told them both no.

There wasn't much they could do. They had not been a good example and I knew that it was taught...if you can handle it... it is ok. . In looking back, it was a bad decision on our part because it wasn't being a good example and/or living up to what the Bible actually says.

By the way, that same girl I moved in with has been my wife for the past 22 years.