GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Name that Tune

It was a one-hit wonder, I think.  Your Alley-Oop challenge reminded me of it.

If neither Human nor Raf has an idea, I'll reveal.

George

16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It was a one-hit wonder, I think.  Your Alley-Oop challenge reminded me of it.

If neither Human nor Raf has an idea, I'll reveal.

George

I have no idea either.

I've heard of "Gitarzan" and Ray Stevens.  This one, not at all.  It's possible Raf has instead of me, but that's highly unlikely.  Outside of Dr Demento, I doubt this has seen airplay for several decades.  I doubt it's played on Dr Demento much, or that Raf would have heard it if it had.

Ok, here's a different song.

"If you want to find all the cops
They're hanging out in the donut shop.
They sing and dance (oh-way-oh).
They spin the clubs, cruise down the block."

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Ok, here's a different song.

"If you want to find all the cops
They're hanging out in the donut shop.
They sing and dance (oh-way-oh).
They spin the clubs, cruise down the block."

I've realized over the years that I haven't got a good ear for hearing the lyrics to music.  But I made an attempt to listen harder and let the lyrics come out more clearly and it happens that one of those songs I've listened to lately was Walk Like An Egyptian by the Bangles.  I remembered that "all the cops They're hanging out in the donut shop part.

And while I'm drumming up another song for this board could you guys answer something.  Is it free to download iTunes on your PC?   I don't have a i-phone or anything like it. I do have Spotify. I thought they were a streaming service with fees, but I was online looking at some lyrics website that indicated that iTunes is free to download.  Is this true?  And I'll get another song up soon.

I have no idea, but this is the kind of thing that WW has been helpful with.  And media mogul Raf may know, as well.

George

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'll give it a shot.    I did look when I saw Human's question.  The quick answer I have, based on a quick look, is that the main program for Itunes is free.   If he wants the tunes, he PROBABLY will have to pay.  I didn't look that far, but I thought it was evident that they have to pay for their service somehow.  So, the program is free, and the music files cost money- that would follow the pattern for buying music as opposed to just streaming it/listening to the radio. 

WordWolf I think your right.  Unlike Spotify, they don't have a free music service.  You can choose to upgrade and get rid of the commercials.

Next tune:  

You say I'm a dreamer
We're two of a kind
Both of us searching
For some perfect world
We know we'll never find

So perhaps I should leave here
Yeah, yeah, go far away
But you know that there's nowhere
That I'd rather be 
Than with you here today
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa

22 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

WordWolf I think your right.  Unlike Spotify, they don't have a free music service.  You can choose to upgrade and get rid of the commercials.

Next tune:  

You say I'm a dreamer
We're two of a kind
Both of us searching
For some perfect world
We know we'll never find

So perhaps I should leave here
Yeah, yeah, go far away
But you know that there's nowhere
That I'd rather be 
Than with you here today
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa

It's not the Pizzicato 5- of which there are 3 members.  So, it must be "the Thompson Twins"- of which there are also 3 members.   They're named after the Tintin characters. Oddly enough, Thompson and Thomson are not "TWINS",  but they appear identical despite no genetic connection.   So, they're confused for twins. (Figuratively, they could be thought of as twins.)  I started listening to music with any seriousness in the 80s, just in time to hear the Thompson Twins.   This is "Hold Me Now."