GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Dan Moran, Kevin McCave, Vicki Allen, Deborah Sleeper (still in!), Doug Coyle (for a while), Don Graniero, and Paul Cooper and I believe his wife Anna.

Yeah, those were some really great times now that I look back on it. But can I make a small confession....??? I got sick of hearing Glad Tidings music!! 3 solid years of this was enough, already. But I never grew tired of all the other things you mentioned, tomtittilation.

There is a lifetime commitment when it comes to beer drinking, gossip, missing meetings where possible, hanging out with friends at times when you are expected to be elsewhere, more beer, laughing about stupid leaders, etc. It's always a great way to shrug off opression.

Don't you know that beer and Doritos have salt in them? We are salted....a salt covenant should not be broken.

Edited by Guest

Although I wasn't in the 9th Corps I always check it out...perhaps because it was 2 ninth Corps who pulled me out of the valley of human need and set me on high in a mind numbing cult. It was in early September, 1979 so I must have been one the first heathen they found...all of a sudden I found myself talking to a very dark, mysterious fellow with mesmerizing eyes and a smiley chick with very large breasts...and the first thing I saw after that was white name tags with green lettering and the words 9th Corps.

Fellowgardensitter, that sounds like a plan! Although I don't know how strong my drink will be; I am still such a lightweight that I am out of place in this college setting; last night, for instance, dancing around the kitchen, eating shark tacos that my better half tossed together (I can't cook like that), I had two drinks, spaced over about 4 hours; this morning, I have a hangover - it's really a joke around here.

Speaking of the garden, a few asparagus peeked through a couple of weeks ago, but they thought better of the idea, and are now not in evidence. It's time to sift compost, though, so my time in Ohio should come in handy. I'm building a rotary compost sifter, because rubbing that stuff through a screen, just reminds me too much of sitting through all those hours of teaching in Top Floor Weirwille . . .

For now, gotta toss some bran muffins in the oven, and drink water . . . they say that's the key.

The following is an official announcement:

this hangover will not in any way affect my propensity or ability to DANCE IN THE KITCHEN again. I just don't think I'll be twirling the four-year-old right now.

Fellowsitter, I will keep the garden chairs warmed up, and the iced tea cooled down. Come on over! Just call first, to make sure we're not out doing compost; you'd hate to get roped in to that sort of activity. It gets in your gloves, and such.

Let's see. Dark, mysterious fellow with mesmerizing eyes. Jeff Pappas and Rob Campanella have dark hair, nice eyes - who else? Bill Nay, from our first year . . .. Dick DeNenno has dark hair; okay, Yani, am I warm, at all?

As for the smiley girl with very large breasts, I think that I used to smile tolerably often, but as to that last part, nobody in my family has qualified for that in generations. Well, I take that back; my sister is in that category, but only thanks to a very proficient plastic surgeon . . ..

Hangover's gone, by the way; we just got back from the natural history museum (largest apatosaur in the world; you can go up in one elevator to look at its head, and the other to look at its belly). We looked at an old Oklahoma log cabin, and I got a 107-year-old splinter. That's not something that happens every day, I suppose.

If youse guys are ever in the Norman, Oklahoma area, I'll take you to see the wee beastie.

To continue: Davis Crowell, Gene Slavit . . .

Well, KnotinKans anymore (garden veggies, get it?),

It's been so long I don't remember the very large part... but I do remember you had a fine pair of very long, very nice legs...

and apparently, they still work for dancin...

your museum find sounds intriguing... one of the latest things I did that might stir something up - took a pic of some ornamentation cast in stone that decorates an Arizona state office building, built in Italian Renaissance architectural style in 1930, that has hundreds of swastikas on it.

This ancient symbol had different meaning to Native Americans than it now holds. And, if Simon wants to see it, or anyone that visits the Phoenix area, just email "The Teacher...oops, not that one. email me... some folks here should have my email addy.

Oh, by the way - I don't mean to say anything weird about my sister; the plastic surgeon thing is just funny to me. She's a wonderful woman, great wife and mom. She's also a triathlete, and at the age of 45, specializes in blowing past much younger, extremely fit military types who shake their heads and ask "Where'd that lady come from? How'd she do that?"

Ex, you obviously didn't notice what we keenly sharp 9th corps men never miss; very large breastesses. Rita is emphatically dismissed as a candidate based on this criteria.

As for Michael Kowlicky, I would exclude him due to his white, Dixie Moore-like skin tone, as well as his beady little eyes masked by coke-bottle bottom thick glasses.

Mr. Whatdowegothereaconuterfeitorsomething?, may we inquire of thee more helpful hints?

My grandmother had a horse when she was small.

C'mon people, let's not deviate from this red thread of Yana's deliverance. Let's stay our minds on dark, mysterious eyes and large, swaying paps, tight cutoffs, sleazy makeup, ...

Takes my mind back to our own wonderful mother of God Rosi-lie dungenbark-woof-woof...