GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Which reminds me,...We are quickly nearing the

1000th post on this thread....I wonder who the lucky poster will be?

I think we should get some kind of commemorative gift from Greasespot for reaching a thousand......Like maybe a Gs wine goblet.....or perhaps a picture of the Gs trustees so we could idoli-....er,pray for them....

Boy,the trouble with starting a new page is I totally forgot what we were talking about on the last page....

Great renewed mind effort, Simon. We were dealing the workman and the word ...

Maybe if you had been listening to our fodder in the Vierville, how he said that nothing profitable gets accomplished after midnight, you phronema would be a bit tighter. But it has happened unto you according to the true proverb, "He goeth after her staightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter ..."

Edited by Guest

Simon, didn't your mother ever tell you not to date girls named Lorena?

Jesus (pronounced Hey Zeus) wept!

[This message was edited by Rocky on May 10, 2003 at 2:46.]

Edited by Guest

No, no, a thousand times no!!!

Lorena was as the woman of Endor, cutting off the privy member for idolation and worship, from whence now have the 1st church of the halfcockites.

Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth ...

Edited by Guest

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

This morning, my children sang:

"I'll give you a daisy, a daisy

I'll give you a daisy a day.

I'll love you until the rivers run still

And the four winds we know blow away."

Then, they recited:

"In all the world, there is no other

Can take the place of my dear Mother."

Then, they gave me a pretend daisy, made from one of their coloring markers with a hair pretty wound around the top of it.

It was perfect.

By the way, after I took two inches off of the sleeves,and four off of the trouser legs, the seventeen-year-old looked like a million bucks in my husband's old tux. There he went, with a new haircut, a white rose corsage, and all of our mixed emotions.

This afternoon, my husband is sending our neighbor and me off to see Willie Nelson for Mother's Day. That might sound strange, but I've been wanting to see Willie ever since I missed him in Luchenbach, back in '75, because TWI leadership wouldn't let me leave the summer outreach field to drive a couple of hours to see the concert. To say the least, my better half is not "into" country music.

Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain, here I come.

Again, Happy Mother's Day, everybody!

Exie:

But you were always on my mind . . .

You were always on my mind.

Waited 28 years for that one. "Ain't it funny how time slips away?"

In 28 years, what have I gained? For one thing, buddies with connections, who put me on the backstage list, without my ever asking. For another thing, the peacefulness and satisfaction that I didn't need to go backstage to feel like I'd had a nice time at the concert. It was a beautiful evening.