GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Simon, thanks, one nephew, one niece. Doing reasonably well.

Professor, no big bucks, no attorney (got a couple of hours of advice back in March, but no funds for more), BUT... all is well with the world today.

Judge still has not ruled, because both the other parent and I gave him more food for thought, in writing, today.

HOWEVER... the judge was 180 degrees turned around today.

Anyway, I am thankful and it's going to work out.

Thanks Ex, niKa and simon for the support.

(and my Mom came to court to support me... maybe the most important).

[This message was edited by Rocky on May 29, 2003 at 20:55.]

Edited by Guest

Where is tuttle??

Sorry guys, but sometimes a man gets so busy with the things of God that he forgets time and space and OhShanta's. Hey, that'd make a great restaurant name; OhShanta's Cheekin 'N Ribs ... I can smell it yet ...

Yellowstripper, I would enlist your help as you have 24 hr WOW burger experience.

I will return, after the cock throws twice.

Has the cock crewn yet?

Mr. Tuttle you have received communication from above the ground again. Maaany things could be a part of your OhShanta's franchise. An OhShanta line of womens apparell perhaps, specializing in pea soup green color. It can be callled "OhShanta's Secret."

And for the kids on Christmas we could have "OhShanta Clause" to replace the idolatrous man in the white beard. A movie could folow.

I'll hurry and register your domain name before it is stolen by an enemy. www.ohshanta.com

Edited by Guest

OhShantaShears, for the orthotomountia (right oShanta-ing) of your next big crafts project.

OhShantaShalom, that fabulous new line of interfaith jewelry.

OhShanta, somebody stop me!

OhShantaChivas, for relaxing at the end of a hard day.

OhShantaShoppingNetwork, in case you were wondering what to do with those old Corps sweats (although I found, several years ago, that the barbecue grill worked quite well, and tossed in my Corps diary for seasoning).

and finally,

OhShantaSnore, for that touchy problem you've been meaning to mention to your significant other . . .

Man, we're going to be rich!

Do any of you own an advertising agency, by chance? Because if you do, you really should hire me as a long-distance consultant.

Let us not forget OhShantaMylanta, which you must need by now, after reviewing the new product line . . ..

And don't forget OhShantaShanties, our construction company, not to be outdone by OhShantaShameless, our new line of racy underthings.

And every Thanksgiving, we have the OhShantaShootout, which is really a turkeyshoot. (Does anybody else here remember turkeyshoots? They were marksmanship contests, generally held in mid-November, with the prize being a turkey.)

Also, OhShantaHaunta, at Halloween, where the kids stick their hand into bowls of cold spaghetti.

Maybe I need a beer and an OhShantaShot to calm me down . . ..

I was thinking this morning about Don Brunelle,and what a sweet man he was.

We need to get Bill Fury up and running on this thread.

Somehow, when I think of one, I can always see the other, standing next to him. And both of them with those big grins, like they've been up to something.

I think they must have kept one another sane.

Wahoooo! What good news. Now, be vewwy, vewwy sure that you make sure to provide every jot and tittle of whatever visitation your ex is supposed to have. Keep a log, and make records of when your daughter has telephone and in-person visitations with her Mom. Make a note of homey, family-type activities you and your daughter do together, and on what days they took place.

I'm sure that you already do this record-keeping stuff, but in case not, this is the time to make sure that you can account for everything, in case somebody tries to say that you have not fulfilled your court-ordered duties. Make sure, for instance, to inform your ex (in writing, and keep a copy, as well as by telephone, and make a record of the day and time) of upcoming back-to-school activities, any illnesses, sporting events, and major milestones.

Love, niKa