GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Miss me?

I've been somewhere else.

What that place lacks in telephones, it makes up for in fish. Even my four-year-old caught a salmon.

I have been to the mountaintop, loShanta, and I have walked down the mountain ten or fifteen feet at a time, stopping to fish likely brooktrout holes in the stream. Mine husband was my companion in fishery, and it was good.

But it sure as heck took a long time to get down that mountain, and we both took a pile of Ibuprofen that night!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

(yes, we caught fish, too.)

Well, I did give the fish a little kiss, right on the head, before I either let them go or slipped them into the plastic bag of no return, where they were destined for the dinner table . . . does that count for the love of God in renewed-mind manifestation?

Or, maybe it was my husband who renewed his mind, after I warned him that I'd been kissing fish . . ..

Nika....To answer your question....no....When Jesus spoke with Peter about love and fish,he used the word phileo(not filet o')Nor did he use agape' which is translated love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation in the church....Your husband may stand agape at the sight of you kissing fishes,but not necessarily agape',that is,love of God,renewed mind,yadda,yadda....Btw,I used to catch a lot of coho salmon near the power plant where I grew up...We called it nuclear fishin'......

niKa, I knew a pharmacist once upon a time (really) that was probably about our age and played (plays) hockey (in the desert?!) from time to time. He used to tell about taking the 800mg motrin like it was candy.

And of course we missed you. With ex-kabible, I will promise to aim better next time, however.

Actually he's driving an 18-wheeler with no dog (it's at home - 150 pounder--he always thought LARGE and bought in bulk quantities...lol.) He's been in Arizona 3 times now. He just recently quit the carpentry trade and decided to drive so that he doesn't have to live in a Winnebago and...so far...he's driving on the right side of the road. Send me your name and address and I'll pass it on to him. He's having fun looking up folks. My e-mail is: dbking98@msn.com

Our own beloved Dana, once lost but now is again found. It good to be (clap!!) home again ...

You go tell that Dana fella that he can trade in that big 'ole truck for a lean, mean twig hopper, on sale now from Box 328 New Crocksville, Ohio, 45871. That would certainly get the unbeliever's attention!!! What a witness. I can see it yet... And with that new manidigestion of kissing in tongues, he could prove how sweet we 9th corps are, just like our fodder prophesied.

I wonder if his truck says "We're movin' God's Word" painted on the side ...

And happy fodder's day, all you bible-believin' men!!!!

Simon, me thinks you ate more than one or two of those electrifying fish.

Edited by Guest

Sogwap, I just e-mailed you. There's a garden chair warmed up for Dana.

Hey, something cool happened last week. My mother-in-law did some geneaology for my side of the family; it turns out that I have Revolutionary soldiers on both Mom's and Dad's sides of the family; missionaries to the Choctaw, also beginners of some offshoot churches where they all went out to the middle of nowhere (I'm talking mid-1800s, to the woods) and built their own communities in the name of "doing their own thing" spiritually. And then, there was the time when all of the men in the family were off fighting in the Revolutionary war, and the Mom was attempting to defend her home from a raiding party of Tories; they threw her off of her porch, and it broke her hip; she was crippled for the rest of her life. A few years after the war, her second-oldest son happened to see the only surving member of that Torie raiding party, on the street in Nashville. He shot the Torie dead, right on the street, and the good people of Nashville refused to prosecute him.

Also, lots and lots of Civil War soldiers, on both sides. Mostly dead, because they were all Confederates.

In fact, the one thing that really surprised my mother-in-law was the fact that in all those generations, in all those family branches, there was

"not a single Yankee."

I guess I could have told her that.

Thanks for the e-mail "notinkansasanymore." I made note of it to pass on to him when I talk to him tomorrow. Just talked to him this morning before I got on line. "One of these days" he wants to get a laptop ... but have to catch up on bills first. He's just been driving about 6 weeks after being out of work since last November. Carpentry work sucks down here. But he's a much happier camper driving - was getting too old for the strain carpentry was putting on him. And "excathedra" - no he has nothing painted on his truck. He drives for a company - he doesn't own the truck. And a Twig Hopper - I don't think so. Anytime he rode a motercycle he looked like a frog $%^&*$% a football and had to change foot gears by hand...lol.