GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Hey Ex,

So you WERE 9th corps...???

What brought me to this thread? Because I was 11th, I knew a lot of 9th. And this thread was cookin' compared to the 11th. I am looking for people I might know.

I did already give you a big clue in a prior post when I said that George Kelly recorded with us and I was in one of the bands.

Enough said.

How about a clue from you...?

And you would be....

Grayt one... they'll not tell you straight out but it would seem only fair that if you guessed correctly they would acknowledge... that's what I did... anyway... aren't you late for dining room setup???

and what about sponsoring me WOW?

(that's how I thought I'd do it this time... more time for witnessing (golf)...

do you know how to make the voices stop?

I looked behind the curtain and saw that it was bad

Tommy U.R. So. Strange,

I finally figured out what you meant by PT.

So, I checked my private topics...

Now I feel important too. Thnks.

Ft.Worth for a brief time in 1976-77, after end of military service... then moved on to OK (Lawton/Ft. Sill), Phx, and Los Angeles before Euphoria.

Now in Phx area, as is SimonZ.

I have other clues if you'll need them.

[This message was edited by Rocky on June 29, 2003 at 1:24.]

Edited by Guest

Hey Strange one:

Nope. Never did D.R. set up. I am not that man. I have also looked behind the curtain and saw a huge pile of jack shi_. Being spooked by the realization that TWI was full of it, I quit looking, went out on the field, and proceeded to refuse any full time positions.

Just to refresh my memory, what were the names of the 11th Corps bands?

I think that I have figured out who you are, but may be misreading your verbalization style. Were you the frontguy for one of the 11th Corps bands? Were you married while in residence? Dark-headed?

I was also in WayProd, albeit in a very second-rate fashion.

Wow....the rise and expansion of the 9th corps thread....I knew if we kept planting and watering,God would give the increase.....So how come when we went lightbearers we had to have seven fully registered for the class or we couldn't come back?

Welcome you new duo c-corps guys....or duo lestais.....The rest of you....If the Word does not tell you,you do not know....So what do you do? You keep guessing.....

i would like to see this thread over the world by the year 2525.... if man is still alive....

...all these things running thru my rivers of my mind

not to change the subject about lightbearers and cornering seven souls, but let me just change the subject, when you all were on your solo or duo (can't recall if god was there), what did you do ?

i already shared this, but it's for the new people, i built a beauuuutiful hoochie coochie but i didn't fit in it, so being the motivated, thinking-outside-the-nine-dots-type-person i am, i slept with my head and upper body in it

Edited by Guest

notinkansas

you are getting warmer. Actually, I only remember the name of our band... not all the bands. I never did have black hair, but was married the whole way through. Now,if you were in way prod your second year, we definatly met.

Hey EX...

I was a nut. I loved lead. Heck, before I got in twi, I taught instructors from the Outward Bound School on some skiing techniques. So lead was a vacation to me. the wife HATED it.

on my solo, I blew up a rock with my camp fire (not on purpose). honest to god. it put my fire out, it stuck a fragment in a tree like some kung-foo fighting star, miracle, though, none of it hit me.

hardest thing for me was the smell in the "indian" sauna. nasty. bunch of guys that had not had a bath in 12 days get in a hot hut and share their odors. skank nasty is the only way to describe that.

you guys were allowed to have fire on your sew low??? we could not...

why when I went sew low I read the word, napped, wrote poetry, napped and reflected upon all the wondrous things mine eyes had seen by writing in my journal... and .... oh yeah, napped...

To quote OurLadyoftheExrated: "not to change the subject"... but... how come there aren't any threads for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd??? Is it because they don't know how to use the computer???

GraytOne: good news, I won't be needing your sponsorship to go WOW... I got an email today that assures me that I'll be able to become a millionaire from home AS LONG AS I have a computer... (but if you'd like to be blessed anyway, sign up)...

On LEAD sew low... did I mention that I napped?

I read the Bible, slept more than I had in months, drank water. Built a fire, because the 2nd year, the solo was during a blizzard. Built a bomb-proof hooch and stuck to it pretty closely, particularly after hearing somebody rounding up cattle and loading them into a truck; figured that we weren't as "solo" as we thought. The LEAD instructors didn't believe me on that one, but being from Texas, I have had some experience recognizing that particular sound.

Tried out the old story about how "good" roasted prickly-pear is. Even two days with no food couldn't prod me to take a second bite.

I loved the sauna at the end; I guess the ladies weren't as stinky. Go figure.

I loved the climbing. I still have a picture of my favorite chimney, somewhere. I didn't get to climb again until my husband took me to the mountains while we were dating; that was great. Somehow, though, now that I have children, I'm just not as happy to hang off of the edge of nothing and twirl. I keep thinking, "but we're both out here, on the same rope. Would my sister really WANT to raise my children?" So, we don't go together as much any more.

I have to say, however, that my better half is h*ll on wheels on a big rock. He likes to hang his sleeping bag off of a high crag in the middle of a two-day climb and spend the night in the air. I'm not sure that I was ever quite that nutso.

grayboy, how did you end up hitching with moira ? didn't you have to hitch with your spouse ?

sir strange, did you ever nap on LEAD ?

i thought LEAD was okay except for not being able to smoke (i liked the sauna too)

zee, i was happy we weren't required to get a class of 7 together hitching to and fro. but we did have to bring our money back in order to step foot on campus, didn't we ?

Edited by Guest

Exxie...

Lemme get this straight.... you LIKED the sauna?

Hey i know, i know... sugar an spice an everything nice an all but ours hones to god smelled far worse than any locker room i ever set foot in.

Now about Moira, yup i went with the wife, but we went with her, too. twas a 3 way (hitchhike, that is. She was great. i wonder what happened to her???

she sang songs to this truck driver's kid and he was in LOVE with her!! she could have been mrs. rogers the way this young boy locked on to her.

i think the driver wanted to take us all the way because moira was so good to his son.

moira stopped in here, i think, on the first cult cafe 9th corps tread. and i believe pawtucket knew her whereabouts. california perhaps. i gathered she was doing fine.

i don't remember the sauna being bad but i have a gift for blocking unpleasant things -- seriously it was fine

Edited by Guest

me too........ ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

i was ashamed i didn't have more to talk to god about

but really i talked to him in my head all the time.... and figured he knew already.... you would think..... eh ?

ok moira rocks... where the hell is she ?

Edited by Guest