GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Dearest, sweetest ExCatharsis... you bring a song to mah heart and a spreeng to mah step...

don't the voices talk to you?

I'll share some of mine with you (the nice ones)...

Methinks Tommy2T's and SimonandTheodore are locked up somewhere practicing their gift ministrones...

I looked behind the curtain and saw that it was bad

Oh, Exxie, thou reproveth thyself ok now... eh?

And yes, TS, nice to see you too.

On L.E.A.D....seaux laux...sow board... sleep, sleep, hunger, sleep...zzzz

[This message was edited by Rocky on June 30, 2003 at 23:53.]

Edited by Guest

God didn't tell you to tell me to go,he told you to go,ha-ha...But if you've got your eeeears closed,you'll be hearin' from heaven in another way....

Solo?......How devilish can this thread get???I remember a man in the 9th corps came up to me and told me how he was "so high on his solo"...I looked him straight in the eyeballs and just said "shaddup",and I walked out...Why?...Because we still live in a free country,praise God...And I don't have to stand there and listen to some Jesus Christ so-and-so hash the word to pieces...I just won't do it..I get up,and I walk out...

And do you know why he used the word "solo"? Because this is what he was taught...And man,that's devilish...You see,if you're taught that at a certain time and a certain place,you're all alone,you use the word solo...

The word you people want here is duo...That's right...You and God...makes what?....Correct,a majority...You were never alone....Lo,I am with thee always....I will never leave thee nor forsake thee..So just don't use that word solo around me...The correct word is duo...

Then they get mad at me....I didn't write the book...I didn't die for your sins...I didn't send the Lord Jesus Christ to bring about the new birth....But by the grace of God it's available....

there's within my heart a melody, simon whispers so and lo (shaddup!!!!!)

fear not, i am with thee, peace be still

in all of life's ebb and flow

simon, simon, siiiiiiiiiimon, sweetest name i know (sweetest name i know real fast)

fills my every longing (fills my every longing keeps me singing as i go real fast) keeps me singing as i go

what do you say to your people......

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

another wasted cup of coffee (spray spray spray) gotta go

You're right, Sexie. You wonder what you can say to your people after hearing the greatness of the Word from the foul mouth of that g*ddammed soandso Simonsolowtes.

Maany are called but few chosen.

Called of God

Called of God

TOUCHED

By the master's hand ...

I am certain Simon is, and was, TOUCHED.

While I was a-sleepin' (or napping, if you're strange) (wayne CLAPP!!!!!)

Somebody touched me, I hope it was the hand of the MOG ...

SimonUphrates... take it easy on the guy... he can't help it... he could only go as far as he was taught! and if he was taught that it was OK to have a Christmas Tree yet wrong to use his position of authority to have his way with the women, well then... he obviously got his teaching somewhere other than derVay... you simply cannot hold him accountable, he has been taught wrong doctrine...

you must use the principles we were taught in W&U and offer him the kool aid... he'll never take the class, go WOW and give his ABS if you just tell him "shaddup!"... (the voices say that if he won't willingly take the kool aid, use a squirt gun)...

now, do something useful like take inventory of the items you have stockpiled! do you have enough water? gorp? ammunition?

My Gawd man! do not let the deceiver distract you from your Christian Mission! NO ONE (and by that I mean not one) MUST BE ALLOWED TO PUT UP A CHRISTMAS TREE!

Now, take RockyofBalboa and get ye back to ZE VERK you was called to...

oh... and looking back on the sew low again, it kind of reminded me of that time in solitary... only outside... and I might have napped a little

[This message was edited by Tom Strange on July 01, 2003 at 12:01.]

Edited by Guest

Leaderdang, Edjudication, Acquisition, Distraction (or true L.E.A.D.)

Regarding the sew low… certain people in our group had some real issues…

Take the Leaderdang issue… I couldn’t get my climbing belt off FAST enough to answer natures call. Apparently, some of the staff never got schooled in the fine points of the affects of water-born protozoa that lurked in the local water supply. Didn’t climb much for 3 days. So… TomStrange… don’t even mention squirt gun around me. Heck, I couldn’t get out of camp fast enough at night to make it, either. I ended up turning over a rock 2 feet in front of my tent door. Yup. I went in the camp. A real No-No. But you Do-Do when you gotta Do-Do.

Then Edjudication. (actually spelled Adjudication). Remember when they would judge if you were trying hard enough or when you had enough… I remember this girl… cried her eyes out because hiking was so hard and she was so tired. She about had a cow right there in the middle of the trail. So what did our leaders do? Screamed at her for being weak minded, out of shape, spiritually off, yadda, yadda, yadda. She just sat there. If I remember I gave her something to wipe her tears. She was grateful. I was glad to help. Got some looks from people who though I was aiding and abetting the enemy.

Could not figure out who would judge someone so harsh just because it wasn’t her thing. But hell, I was first year corps… wasn’t “spurt-chull” enough to Edjudicate like them staff folk. What a GIFT ministry they had! Take someone who was already CAVED-IN, and then…. verbally abuse her until she is completely in a heap!!!

Then there was Acquisition: Bill Fury traded every thing he could get (including toilet paper to yours truly) to get as many of those carob things that were almost a candy bar. He was headed for some SWEET fellowship on his duo… and THEN…. he got apprehended by Gary Le_ C _ _ _ S.

He made him take all of carob out. Then Bill started to leave… and Gary said… “Come on, Bill. I said ALL of IT!”. Bill F. looked like some guilty 12 year old. He reached deep into his pockets… and …. I don’t know how he did it, but he also had about a dozen “Mallow Cups” stashed in his pack, too!! Talk about CONTRABAN!! Come to find out, someone had ratted him out since he wouldn’t share. So he had no sweets for his Sew Low. Darn shame. That was Acquisition.

Distraction: What an effective way to stop trailer trucks!! Get TWO good looking women out there on the pavement, they show a little leg… let their long hair go wild… then the guy tries to look like he isn’t interested…. and you could pull over a whole convoy of trucks. And here I thought it was supposed to be about prayer, and being like minded…. nope… just show some leg!

That is what I learned at LEAD. The original acronym seems pretty bogus to me.

i forgot.... some nightmare called eternal -- or is that everlasting -- hiking. i had a big fat backpack on and got soooooooooo exhausted, going uphill, i actually fell backwards because of the weight of that damn thing

there i was.... like a helpless turtle....

it took a while for someone to notice since i was at the end of the line....

Edited by Guest

Margie McFly's backpack was lots bigger than she was...

((((EXXIE)))) I'm so sorry you had to flail there on the trail....

GrayPerson... is that where you got that hat and those goggles? on LEAD? they look like something picked up from the Army Navy for LEAD

We never would have gotten any rides if not for my "hitching partner"... of course... when she started talking on the CB we had truckers lined up almost the whole way... and then she had to go and tell them that she had a "good buddy" with her (me)... that really got them all going...

now... I've got to catch up on my retemorizing...

hello my name is exigesis.... i am looking for my best friend to grow spiritual with.... must be sincere, serious, patient, kind and have a great sense of humor

my hobbies include i collect teddy bears and holy spirit memorabilia

Edited by Guest

I remember that some truckers really appreciated feminine conversation. Why, when Elaine Landmark and I were hitch-hiking back and forth between Emporia and Lightbearers, we once got out of a semi-truck, and literally did not have time to set our suitcases down on the side of the road to put out our thumbs, before another trucker pulled off to ask us whether we needed a ride.

Yes, it was definitely easier to hitch without you fellows in tow.