GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

happy birthday flipper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sooooooooo glad life is good with you. i hope you are always happy and have peace in your heart. same for your sweetheart and your kids.

same for y'all here.... love you

--

nikee, extremely parallel, that was great icon_smile.gif:)-->

Jellowhipper, you are one good people. I think we all are, judging by what I see in "the world" around me. And yet my judgement is accurate, for it is not MY judgement, but His that sent me.

Hello, our elder brother JohnthePope. Got them windows glistening, like a mirror to the sun??

Today is Sunday, the Lord's day. And I am in the spirit on this our Lord's day. So I adjure you, by Jesus, whom Paul preachethed, enjoy the day and rejoice with our brother the Jellosniffer, for this is his day also. Happy B-day, and 150 more!!

Well, at least I LIKE school!

I learn so much from the kids!

Right now, for instance, I have one who describes himself as "a 7-year-old trapped in the body of a 19-year-old." His t-shirts, sheets, book covers, and favorite show are all Sponge Bob. He's one of 7 children in his family, and about the most precious, sweetest-hearted person you'd ever want to meet.

Of course, nobody teases him about wearing his Sponge Bob shirts, because he's a huge football player. Funny, how life works, sometimes.

I have another student who has missed a couple of classes because the love of her life got activated to Iraq, and he had a few days of leave before he left. She knows that he may simply come home with interesting stories to tell, or that she may never see him again. She's really taking everything in stride, and doing quite well with it all.

I could tell you stories about how cool, and strong-hearted, and dedicated these kids are, all day. I love being around them.

It's a great gig.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Niki, Kids are great and little adults and we must let them have their individualism like we do with adults even as we crave for. Being a single of three kids it is challenging as a 49er now. But hey we were taught all of the basics and when that surpasses we can resort to our natural instincts to be there for them. Hey were parents Niki and just need to be a stepping stone to the youngins.

Gorp was great.

And I'm looking for the recipe for those homemade healthbars that they used to give us. I'm going to ask for it on the main forum; maybe some former kitchen worker remembers.

(I'm a former Emporia kitchen worker, but I mostly just remember the undersides of potato peels, as they flaked away under my speedy paring knife.)