GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

thank you so much you naive little boy and thank you strange one

well today's the day. i'm my mother's age. the only thing i don't like about it is getting older. i'm still the same in my head since i was able to talk to myself :)

ah well most my friends are in the same boat :wave:

Sister exsie, happiest of birthdays to you. I could have done this in the open b'day thread, but I like this one.

Some of us are sorta in the same boat. Actually, some of us are in the boat that floated around with Noah's family and a bunch of critters...but we're still floatin'!

Enjoy your day, my friennd.

Love you lots and lots,

Linda

WayferNot, if you liked the Goldie photo, you'll probably like this site. It has photos of quite a few celebs sans makeup: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/celeb.html

Once when I saw Goldie accepting an award, looking so young and gorgeous, and I thought, damn, how can she look that good? Then I pictured her without a wig, with no makeup, and without her boobs held up with tape and her tummy tucked in with whatever they tuck tummies in with. It made me feel better. :D

thank you my dearest nika and linzee and all my friends out in tv land ;)

where's rev. tuttles damnit and the slipper and behive and all our other friends out in tv land

you know, that pic of goldie.... she HAS makeup on !!!!!!!

it's REALLY nice to know you all

I looked at the website Linda, and wowee! I cannot believe some of the changes. But I want to know for my ownself, where in the world do they get the makeup to take the wrinkles away.

I saw Oprah's makeup artist go through some work at a dermatologist office. The show was about making yourself look young without going under the knife. Restalyne. That seems to be a great product to get rid of lines and bags. It is done with an injection.

I sure appreciate my age with my knowledge much better than my younger years without the life experiences.

Excie, I'm sure you are lovely. Your heart is gold. Happy Birthday!

Dearest Excie girl, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY :eusa_clap: I am so sorry this is late. I was at work when I saw your birthday announced but couldn't remember my password to log on from work to send my greetings to you :( . By the time I got home oldheimers set in :biglaugh:

Got a quick b-day stowry for you. A friend's 5 year old made a b-day card for yours truly and meant to write on the card "Your the best" but instead wrote "Your the beast". Kids are so cute!

Love you girl :love3:

Edited by ohbehave

Regarding Goldie, I think there's a new kind of makeup out there that contains some form of spackeling (sp?) in it that fills wrinkles. Man I wish I'd invented something like that. The inventor is probably making big $$$.

I am of the opinion we are like a fine wine and the older we get the more we should get uncorked :dance:

In the words of our beloved Excie, Mwah all :)

Yes Excie, happy belated B-day over here in the perfect Corps thread :)

... but instead wrote "Your the beast". Kids are so cute!
I had that "mispelling" at first and it looked too mean, so I changed to "the beast is yet to come" LOL The crossed out "a" doesn't show up to well though. :dance: Of course some beasts are good, if cooked properly. :)

Beautiful Sunday morning ... and the living is easy :)

simonzee, first let me say I've been remiss in not saying it's sure good to "see" you around here. I always enjoy your posts.

After reading your latest offerings on the Politics 'n Tacks and the Playing (with your) Balls forums, I gotta ask: Have you ever thought of writing for a living? Because I have known many, many writers in my (lo these many) years who are much less talented and articulate and imaginative than you.

You could, y'know.

And good morning to all the rest of you 9th Corps folks.

I'm off to the mall to try to find some of that spackle makeup. :wave:

I'm off to the mall to try to find some of that spackle makeup. :wave:

I was at the Lancome counter yesterday in Robinson's May to buy some eye shadow. The lady was trying to steer me away from the kind with sheen because she said it made her get creases in her wrinkles. I could tell she was "older" (but beautiful). I looked at her with a puzzled look, to which she replied "Oh, you don't have that problem." But I returned a reply that I HAD to buy Dual control powder from them because it's magic. It's not spackle, but it does hide a multitude of sins from the night before (bags under my eyes). :biglaugh:

Edited by Wayfer Not

Awwww,Linda,...Thanky dear...But what are you doing reading about me playing (with my) balls?...Thanks for the hello and I appreciate the kind words....Coming from you I take that as quite a compliment(Bill Mays)....You have to remember though that greasespotters are much more meek to receive than those other worldy people out there :wink2: ...

Exsie, damn straight we'll be singin' to you next year.

simon, I'm not kidding. You have an engaging, refreshing writing style. Trust me, I read enough bad writers in the course of my exciting (:sleep1:) job to be able to spot a good 'un when I see one!

Here's a quick "children say the darndest things" for you. A friend's three year old daughter had diarrhea (poor dear). While in the bathroom she yells out to her mother "Mommy mommy, I'm peeing out of my butt. Hope you're enjoying these stowries.

Simonzztop, please feel free to edit this.

Also, (Bullinger) do you think Mellowlipper is on a walk about with his bride??

Thanks so very much for that mind picture; now go thee and Behave.

A walkabout would be a nice way for the Shipper and his blushing bride to be spending the crisp Winter days down under; I wonder where in the Koala he is???

The top floor of my house is clean; there's a bottle of wine in the fridge; I may just collapse with joy.

Is anybody here going to the Weenie Roast?

Whatcha doin' for the Fourth?

:dance:

I haven't decided yet on the roast sweetniKa... as for the fouth, since no one can (legally) shoot any fireworks off down here (because of the burn ban from the drought) I'm thinking that maybe I'll get in an extra round of golf...

...of course, you know me, I probably would've done that anyway... :biglaugh: