GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

did i ever even thank you each dear precious person for your birthday wishes ? my life has been insane lately..... better my life than me i guess..... ha

i always thought simonzee should write a column. when andy retires.....

anyway i think you are such wonderful people. i thank you from the bottom of my 50 yr old hat i mean heart

i forgot to tell you what i did for the 4th. that weekend i flew to raleigh and celebrated my 50th with my sisters and my mom. it was the greatest birthday i can remember but of course i can't remember any of the others

my sister lives in walking distance of duke. we went past the little house of the lacrosse team party. i know you can't stand the excitement. sorry

growing up we always got to choose our birthday supper and kind of cake. they made me mine -- lasagna and cherry cake and cherry icing !!!!

we had such a really nice time

Excie: that sounds like such a cool birthday, that even rememberiing it is a present! I'm really glad that you got to see them.

As to our new poster, I see that we are gathering in some of the little lost bunnies of the 9th, and wonder who will be the next to resurface (or is that reupholster?) and I'm still sad that you lost your elderly puppy, D.B.

Happy Monday to all of you.

:sleep1:

my sister lives in walking distance of duke. we went past the little house of the lacrosse team party. i know you can't stand the excitement. sorry

...OK then... I was about to ask why on earth you all went to Raleigh!!!

glad you had fun... finally we have added to our feelowsheep (good to see ya db)... how many more do we need for a class?

Hey Linda, I have been going thru some old magazines for ex10's boss, and saw your name at the bottom of the page, and had to smile for more reasons than one!!! I am so happy that we are all out and living life and having fun.

Yeah, and I saw DB's picture several times.... and oh lord, Loy with his tights on smiling so sweetly to the other lead in AOS....makes my skin crawl now that I know some of what went on!! :asdf:

Ok, I will leave now. I could have been in the 9th Corps....but glad I never went.

Pope DB I see ur password worked this time. It's about time u started coming to fellowship. We've been faithful on here for years, holding it forth daily, moving it, shaking things up and putting out our best, while the likes of you have been walking to and fro in the hollers of TN seeking no telling what.

Study to shew yerself faithful. Go back and read and reread and retemorize all past writings. In return Jesus will turn your 56k into broadband.

John R.

PS - I finished scanning all Ted's classic pics he gave me. He bought a new comp but has problems with his new fangled gadget. I gotta go help that young man soon. I'll say hi.

Here's one. Is that a 9th Corps guy in the background? Sorry to some of u if this brings back repressed memories.

Ted Singing 1979

Most of us were probably faaaar away from the stage anyway, likely in the back smoking cigarettes or skipping the meeting for a beer instead.

Oh, and Ted if u hate this I'll remove it.

Edited by igotout

Great Jumpin' Jehosophat. Isn't that Mark Fronzac in the background?

Greetings from niKaland, everyone. the niKa kids have Bible School in the evenings this week. Translate that to: we drop them off, and go and drink and talk together for a couple of hours, and then go and pick up the little sweet dears again. Five dates in a row.

Aahhhhhh

Well, we have to have our priorities straight, as they'd say Down Under, if we were still hearing from our FellowShipper.

Oi!

:dance:

Most of us were probably faaaar away from the stage anyway, likely in the back smoking cigarettes or skipping the meeting for a beer instead.

if that pic is from the rock then I was probably nodding out up in the crow's nest leaning against a follow spot... dreaming of being with you guys drinking a beer...

hee hee... Mark with his curls! I wonder if he's bald now?

That looks like Dave Thomas(not the Wendy's guy) on the left of the screen and one of those Canadian guys next to him...Who's the guy above Wierwille's shoulder,looking up at the holy ghost?...Wasn't he a violin player?...And who's the gal in the front?...

Wow,that's heavy,T.O.W.,....you like answered before I even asked....

romper room.... i see bev strick benner.... do i see peter cook to the left of mark safety patrol frontzak .....

toppie you're so special.... wish you did the original will of god....

who did veepee's bangs that night ? were they fired from reflections ?

i'm fairly certain that fellow sitting on veepee's right shoulder gazing up into the heavenlies waiting for the return was 11th

i think i mean left shoulder

Haven't posted on here but have been entertained at times ... when I can't sleep, etc.

Saw an OLD post about this guy Upchurch...

"If Lilly Watts married Grant Upchurch she'd be called Lilly Watts Up Church ..."

Well - she did'nt. I did ... but the name doesn't have the same ring. He's still a charmer tho'. We were in for soooo long and I never felt like a part of the 9th - even tho' I was "spouse" for 13 years. Literally, my first "Corps meeting" after getting married was sitting in on a tape teaching by VPW and LCM - yelling about how Corps were marrying non-corps and corrupting the household. That made me feel real welcome. Got over it.

He's great, never slows down, wears me out just watching him.