GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Tom, sorry about the Atomic Summer in your back yard. We lost most of our garden to the heat a couple of weeks ago.

Rhino, it was interesting to talk politics with you, over on the other thread.

Fellowshipper, you're getting ready for Spring, right?

Simon, you still getting full use of that Lazyboy?

Ex, are you ready for school to start?

Where the heck is Wild Bill?

And where in the world is Tuttle?

Karmic, you still there?

:wave:

I go back to work tomorrow. Happy end of Summer, everyone.

:dance:

Yes,I am now back,and nobody's gonna call me a Jesus Christ so-and-so or a God.........damned so-and-so....

While visiting the folks, my brother and I took a road trip through Wisconsin,and since we were going past Sheboygan we dropped by the Lakeland(Mission House) College where VPW studied theology and developed his famous 'hook shot'...It's actually a very beautiful place---kinda reminded me of the way c. of e. ....

My boys went to see the Cubs play the Brewers in Milwaukee in the $1.00 "Eucker Seats",but since the Cubbies were on the road all week,I didn't get to take my blonde daughter to see a game in 'Wrigley Stadium',as she calls it....

Didn't do much witnessing to the folks...They just don't believe in my Jesus,I guess....Like the Good Book says "a prophet is not without honour,save in his own country,and among his own kin"....So,I just shake the dust off my feet,and raid the refrigerator....As Fellershipper would say,"I really got blessed,I really learned a lot,I really saw the family"....

I've got not much to say except "it's hot"... Friday afternoon about 2ish I looked at the temp readout... it was 129... but the little sensor thing was in the sun so I moved it to the shade... and hour later and it was only 112...

here's today's weather for you:

10AM 93

11:30 104

12:30 106

1:30 110

2:00 112

3:20 110

it's a balmy 107.4 right now... where's the cervesa?

Tomorrow is the first day of school for my children. Glory be to God.

At this moment, they're in the living room, playing some kind of stir-crazy-I'm-so-excited-I-can't-sit-still game.

Tomorrow is also my first day back at work (darn, darn, darn), and Tuesday is the first day of teaching.

That makes this the last evening of Summer.

Anyone care to dance? :dance:

Last day of summer? Try tellin' Tom that. But it's 75 hear, and I'm pickin' grapes, so it sorta feels like fall.

School startin? I don't need no education ... I don't need no thought control ... Hey Teacher ... leave them kids alone ...

Which reminds me, is it too late to write "the teacher"? I have some questions for him.

Wrigley Stadium? what the hell kinda blasphemous talk is that? You tell me what you think of Wrigley field, and I'll tell you how far the cubbies are gonna go this year! Dusty must go ... man , I miss Harry ...

And Ozzie, man ... what is the deal with those Chi town managers?

OK, Cards won ... let us Dance :dance:

Hey,Rhino,when I lived in Decatur I had to remind those fair-weather farmers that St. Louis was in Mizzera...

My daughter's moving to NYC in September...She's following Yogi Berra's advice: "When you come to a fork in the road,take it"....I hope when she get's there she asks somebody how to get to Yankee Field....

Yo, BelowThe EquatorDude:

Go easy on magic Simon; he's obviously going through some kind of soon-to-be-empty-nest syndrome.

Hey, she's moving to New York - that's an even more eccentric place than Australia. Throw him a bone here.

Rhino, are you going to send us some of your wine? I could send you a Rose Rock (we're right next to Noble, the Rose Rock Capitol of the World).

Simon, you should take your sofa sleeping bag and help her get set up; that would be a heckuva place to visit.

Rhino, are you going to send us some of your wine? I could send you a Rose Rock (we're right next to Noble, the Rose Rock Capitol of the World).

Oh sure, the old "turning rocks into wine" game ... well, if you ever drank my wine you'd soon realize the joke would be on you :) If I get to where it is good wine, I may share some. Till then I'd rather save people from making the "that is pretty (grimace) good stuff (spit)" comments. :dance:

The birds got a lot this year as I've been preoccupied while they seem to test sweetness and harvest on a daily basis. The good thing is I think the birds are happier since they get to eat such sweet grapes :wacko:

Well, if God is watching over the birds, He must still be watching over us, too.

Sounds like the birds are doing pretty well at your place. If it's 75 degrees, I'm considerably jealous.

Unfortunately, we lost a few songbird chicks out in the yard, this year, due to the heat and the drought. Two cardinal chicks just this week. I don't think that there are "the normal number" of bugs out there this year. We had a few days that were only equaled or exceeded by the records that were set during Dust Bowl years.

Let's go play in the sprinkler.

:dance:

Niki, I am not cracking the s hi ts with Simon. Just last year when I visited him, he was diligent to take his son to school as parents do before his day started. He is a agood daddy as I observed. Bless his soul. Corps training is there. When I was visiting with me mate, he accomadated us as a christain brothers do we got along. I am messy with him Niki.

Flipperripper, you are one obtuse orator. I think maybe you are making the Aussie dialect your own (idios). Some of these things are hard on our ear-balls. But, make no mistake; the love you have for our wayward sailor Simonion just oozes out.

Blessing to all. Choose life. Then shall you make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success...

We had a few days that were only equaled or exceeded by the records that were set during Dust Bowl years.

I don't mean to be serious or anything but... they've done a few pieces on the drought and crops down here in your native state seestor niKa... "they" say it's the worst since the early twenties, and that if it doesn't break soon it'll be dustbowl deja vu...

...and at the very least, all of your food prices are going to go up and up and...

so's I'm thinking maybe we stock up on twinkies for fellowship refreshments as they never go bad... I have a dozen I'll donate from my Malpac...

what is the name if not wrigleys ? did i spell that right ? is it like the gum ?

nikie i love you

school starts the thursday after labor day wheneverthehellthatis

i'm sure it's soon

i'm glad school starts but i'm also bummed

i hate frikkin homework battles

i'm too old for this

i hope jesus comes back real fast

It's Beechnut stadium ... :biglaugh:

No really it is Wrigley Field , where goats are supposed to be welcome. A goat was rejected once, and the Cubs have been cursed ever since.

According to a Chicago legend William “Billy Goat” Sianis, a Chicago tavern owner and die-hard Chicago Cub fan, placed a curse on the team after his goat was not allowed into Wrigley Field for game 4 of the 1945 World Series. The goat even had a ticket but the ushers had to eject Sianis and his goat when surrounding fans began to complain about the smell. Both the owner and the goat left the stadium disappointed.

On the way out of Wrigley, Sianis yelled that a World Series would never be played again in Wrigley Field. The Chicago Cubs lost that game and the Detroit Tigers won the 1945 World Series.

The Chicago Cubs have not played in a World Series since that time, and have not won one since 1908

When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence

--

okay okay i understand now. shea or yankee field would be unacceptable

CHOOSE LIFE ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha do i have a choice ?