GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Okay,...NEWS FLASH!!!!..NIKA is in the hospital with cellulitus in one of her legs....It would be difficult for me to relay to you all the details but she right now is on lots of antibiotics...Her first priority is to have a complete and full recovery,and a full use of her leg...She also may be in the hospital for several days or weeks,depending on the response to treatment and the test results...

She would love to have your prayers,positive thoughts,incantations,meditations,rosary beads,chants,drum beatings,frankencense,myrrh,crystals or any other holy intercession of your choosing to the Almighty for her full and speedy recovery....Thank you....

My prayer rug has been recalled, but I am offering up a bottle of wine and will sacrifice a goat if need be.

It seems antibiotics should work, but I guess they need to watch. Don't let any more wild animals bite you NIKA ...

Get well soon, I don't want to resort to sackcloth and ashes .... :)

Thanks for letting us know, Simon.

Please tell Nika when you speak with her that the little sisters of the very poor merciful sacred heart of our lady of guadalupe de la ciudad de los angeles never cease to be in prayer for her full and complete recovery. We'll have to pair up Nika and Rum Runner when both of them are healed up. I think she really wasn't ready for school to start this year.

Get well, dear Nika. (I really am praying for you)

hugs,

J.

FINE!!! I'll take my (12-pack) drink offering, and pour it out unto myself! :biglaugh:

Just don't spill it on the ground! THAT is against holy law! :evildenk:

Oh and on a more serious note - GET WELL SOON NiKA!!!!!

Edited by doojable

in the vernacular, rhino cares about you and wants you to get better me too !!!!

((((((((((((((( nika ))))))))))))))

Right excie, thanks for the interpretation to my tongues ... I was probably in the middle of the wine offering when I wrote that. No goats were hurt in the making of that post ...

Get well soon nika ... :)

Flowers.jpg

I have avoided a good smart aleck reply I was about to give (regarding a post a bit earlier) for obvious reasons.

It is a big thing to me, the difference between knowing people only as an anonymous internet handle and knowing them as real people. A very big thing when it comes to what to think, to believe, about things that have gone on in TWI. If we wouldnt want our daughters to date some guy she knows only via cyberspace, who lives in a relatively far away town (and that exact situation came up here a few months ago) , then how can we trust such a "person" with intimate details of life, either about telling ours, or believing theirs? Veri difficult indeed.

For that matter, I can get more out of someone's posts when I do know them as a real person. In a small way, this applies to a very frequent poster on this thead whose identity was recently revealed to me (by that person).

When I pray to God, however, that He would take care of someone, I cannot believe that my prayer will be less effective for now knowing him/her, than for someone I know well. God knows what I do not and of course can do what I cannot.

So let it be for Nika.

:dance:

It's me.

WAHOOOOOOOO! I'm home again. There was nothing wrong with me on Tuesday morning, but by noon, I was headed to the minor emergency place. By three, Mr.niKa had come to get me from there, and taken me straight to the hospital. It usually takes two or three days for cellulitis (SP?) to develop, but this one was scary, because it was only two or three hours. I've had four days and nights of IV's of the strongest antibiotics they've got. The nurses said they'd never given anything stronger.

I've been home for about an hour, and both legs came home with me. Both work. Left one works better and better every hour.

Could lead to dancing.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers, wine, flowers, goats, incantations, positive thoughts upward, and magic powder.

I'm going to go and take a nap now.

Love you all, niKa