GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

As your elder 7th corps, I am delighted to be here. You guys are much funnier than our corps was.

Yes, I adored Puffy. I used to make Gary draw them during corps meetings. Then, when he was graduated and on staff I still made him draw them during looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg meetings. Puffy had all but been forgotten by then and I had to keep him alive. We snickered through many a long meeting.

I am no good at puns. I bet I know some of you. I'll be keeping tabs on this thread. If something is out of whack, it is my duty as elder to lovingly reprove you. Oh wait, I haven't been in TWI in years - even when I was in I was a "partier" - not a reprover. I encourage everyone to party.

Tuttle,I used to get so blessed watching you for hours just trying to tie the smallest knot,just working it.Was Sunesis the one who used to come out of the snack shop without a nickel in his pocket saying I can lick any man in town tonight?I'm not so sure about gathering with all those Ozarkiw hillbilly Mitchells.

I need to post once more before heading out on the field.Mine heart is once again heavy.Baseball players may go on strike.What mean they to break mine heart?As you know I'm very enthused, I have tremendous zeal for...this.....sports.The owners, the players,like Martindale and Gere,they know the truth,but you know what they told me?If we give in we won't be able to sell any more bibles!What did Simon see? I'm afraid it won't be the Cincinatti Reds or the New york Yankees.Tohu va boo-hoo.

Not who, but 'What'. Remember your post about giving one of our wunnerful corps sisters a ride to the station because she was DAO'd? And hows your shirt was pulled out, you stinking like perfume, etc??? That, my people, is what Peeps is and/or was all about. You and I went there maany, maany years ago, witnessing, for Jesus sake. We WERE plodding along with the things of God, trying to help those misdirected ladies with their eternal life spirit. Almost cost me my life.

What do you think my back looked like???

Who beats people?

Just write me. Just write The Creature...

I do not know how I ever got buy with the minute amount we were allowed to spend,it was our money!!! I recall as I type with my formerly nicotined stained fingers why I opted for non- filtered smokes to discourage the masses from borrowing mine with my dwindling stalk of cigarettes. The lord took away my spirit of tobacco since and now only have the a dipping spirit.

I recognize and remember fondly lots of the punny names in this thread. Hello from an exmember of the ex-Family V ex-Corps. I don't think any of us are "standing" by twi's definition, so I think our entire Corps is one big X (no doubt representing big sins).

Of course some of us FV are so old by now that we can barely stand the hell up, much less stand around in a cornfield in the rain singing "I Saw the Light," except for Danny, the baby of our Corps.

SimonZ, Micah was one of my very favorite junior corpslettes, and I sorta hoped someday she'd marry my son. I haven't seen her for a decade or two, but she had such a loving heart and a great attitude as a kid. If you talk to her, tell her Tyler's mom sends her a hug.

I wonder how Kent K of the financial publishing empire K's is. Last I knew he was in St. Louis and remarried. And I'd love to find Alexis S. if anyone knows where she is. Last I saw her was in NH, 1986. If Carol Sell ever peeks in here, I'm waving and smiling.

Hey, Sunesis, I thought there were lots of people in your Corps who were a hoot, but I must say the 9th Corps people hanging out on GS are by far the funniest group around here.

Linda Z

Simon thanks for pointing out the grammar. I was typing while cooking and tending to three kids, and filling out a state tax registration form. I do know eight different languages and sometimes it is hard to understand my English.I forgot more about grammar than that boy will ever know.

It was a disgrace for me to have been in this fellowship with you this morning. My kids had more sense than me, they got up and would not watch me while I sat at the desk typing. They just couldn't take it. They had more sense then me.

Keeds, you're meltin' mah heart of hearts. Mellowtripper, your command of those 88 other languages of men and of angels is to be commended. So don't let that nasty ol' scruffy sailor with the fake laugh bother you. That's just good ol' Simon talkin'. As I mentioned before, we ALL know who the accuser in the bible is, don't we??? Certainly no good thing can come from THIS man ...

And now, God, who is spirit, is teaching His creation in me, which is now MY spirit, and my spirit is teaching my mind. I see a cloud, no bigger than a man's hand, getting ready to heap coals of fire on our, the 9th corps, heads. And I see that sly fox peeking (like Peeps) over the crest of the hill. What meaneth these things? As I try to apply the principles of HOW, with a capital 'H' and a capital 'O' and a capital 'W',

the Word interprets itself, right there in the verse, or in the context (what's the whole story made up of), or it has been used before, I begin to see that anywhere and everywher the Word attributes to God human-like characteristics, it is a figure of speech.

By the way, Simon, how do you compare the re-do of PFAL that LCM did (WAP) to the original PFAL

(for those of us who were not around when this fiasco hit) ???

I feel shamed for dwelling on your grammar

,fellowshipper.You are rather to be commended .I looked up in the adv. class syllabus and there.s not even a spirit of bad grammar.(Altho there is a familiar spirit that sounds just like your gramma.)You're awesome,dude.Honestly, Tom,I don't ginosko the first thing about LCM's class.I got out in about '87 and lost interest in TWI shortly after that.Been spending most of my time as a body and soul man (that's the part of you that isn't doing all nine all the time,whatever the hell that is).Be that as it may,I think there were many geuinely good people in TWI and I do miss them.Hey this 9th corps thread is giving me some good laughs, brings back some fond memories, and gives rest to mah soul.Beep-beep boop-boop,no wait gah,ghi,gu,moo,lu,gh,gh........

Simon,when people speak about tw1 and tw2 it is so hard to fathom the stark difference. It is only in reading past posts about it that makes my blood boil. All I know is the way we were and do have fond memories of jogging out and around the Neosho river that snaked through Emporia.I do not have a clue on the new PFAL class or the Adv. class that was revamped,reorganized, enhanced, enriched or augmented. Do you have any fleeting thoughts to share.

I don't know if the new and improved TWI was any different than the one we were in.The rulings and teachings of TWI would always supercede anything the Bible,logic or common sense would tell us.Our"guidance" was whatever was handed down by the board of trustees.Since I got out,I do whatever it is that I want ...and I really enjoy myself.Oh,I feel lost sometimes and wish I really knew The Truth,but who does know it?I'm sure I could dedicate my life to rescuing animals,fixing the hole in the ozone layer,or saving the planet,but I haven't received the calling.Meantime,I'm being a good dad,soaking up the sun, and keeping my eyes out for a young blonde dumbbell that I can get to know biblically.As far as my Corps years,I wouldn't trade them for anything.I had a blast. Well, sorry.I had a vision I was at a night owl and this just came out.Heeeeeeeaaaal mine manifold inequities.

I wouldn't trade my Corps for anything either. I believe it made me a better person and our rewards will never be in vein in preparing ourselves for unique lifestyle. I have learned to do what I want to do and not what others mandate. This was a learning adventure in itself. Seems from time to time I have run into people that try to Lord their ideas on you as well and just avoid them. I do not need anyone screwing me up I can do that myself, thank you very much. Although I did spend a long time buying whatever I wanted, trying to fill that void of doing without for so long. Oh the pangs of growing older.

I think a lot of us tried to recapture what we missed in our Way years.You know,things like making money,enjoying music that wasn't written by WayProd ,hobbies,drinks with our meals etc. etc.Perhaps we overdid it on some things.I,myself checked into the Betty Clay Ford clinic (figuretively)a few years back ,realizing my attitude had become,"the less you expect, the less you become disappointed".A lot of drunken self-pity.But,hey,it's a walk And.....NEWS FLASH...NO BASEBLL STRIKE!Oh,man the game's on.Sorry,shipper,I gotta go.

Whilest you 2 are opening your minds like a sunflower to the sun, the rest of us have been burning the flacid chaff, kickin' the hogs & praisin' the lord.

Now, go, cover thy feet, and come again refreshed and ready to contribute spunk to this our corps tread. Rev Ex, please bring forth a message for or from god to those of us gathered here for our edification, exhortation and comfort inn ...

do not come to the carden alone

walk with me down pam lane

and know that you know that i la count every hair on your head

which is much easier now that you are such old pappas

i have placed my neumer hagion inside you

and will be by your dale sides forevermore

(who the hell put him in there? your mind got in the way)

PLAY BALL !

Sneaking in 'outside' names, just like you did with 'outside' funds. Why, if we all were to follow this example, we might expect to see a Harry Cox exploding on our tread, or maybe even a Vicki of the Del Duncan Negro, pink hot pants on display, and possibly a Jeff Moon over Miami ...

It's a walk, keeds. Judy might be a cunning ham, but Dick Denenno before he dicks you ...

Hey Tuttle,Wouldn't it be sumthin if Ozzie Osborn bit a chicken's head off at a Way family table?Hey,man the way you're using DeNinno's name like that, you're really becoming a prick.....in my eyes.You know what? I think you guys are cheating and using your 9th corps housing lists.I just know what I've worked in various texts in the Greek and Aramaic and so forth.If this stuff keeps up I'm afraid there's going to be some serious Wallaces come between us.You people get honest,you're Corps

,dammit! If you don't like it go get a job at Iowa beef or at Willard's Donuts.ANNOUNCEMENT:Russell Senior Corps meet in top floor Warhol at 7:p.m.

Simeon, your gift of working the texts maketh room for you. MOVE!!! Wasn't it you with me at that lunch in Gunnysack with our own wonderful Tom Jerkinoff when I lovingly implored a younger corps to move?? That earned me an up-close & personal fellowship hour with TJ (not teek jr) and Craiggy. I sure was blessed to have them expound the scriptures more perfectly to me, and particularily in such a cozy set-ting as Uncle tom's cabin, Arleen in the background, temptress as she was, igniting my already livid imagination ...... Oh, sorry, my mind just kinda drifted off for a second. But see hows quick I steeled it up??

That's why I love you guys, always sharpening my iron elrod of god ...